ET Server FILIPE Map Production

FILIPE

• 1 month later...

Object will be like the Goldrush map, but with some small additions. 3 anti-tank dams and 2 anti-vehicle dams. The main objective will be to steal gold in two chests. I am going to release a beta version and then a final version. They will differ only in cosmetics. The duration of the map is 40 minutes or 30+10min after crossing the 3rd anti-tank barrier. There will also be some surprises in the form of tank fire. This is because the tank will be firing at enemy fortifications. I will try to replace jagdpanther with jadgtiger. Area-wise my map is 4 times larger than goldrush, but still lacks rooms and passages. I also try not to release too many pictures of my map.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FILIPE said:

Object will be like the Goldrush map, but with some small additions. 3 anti-tank dams and 2 anti-vehicle dams. The main objective will be to steal gold in two chests. I am going to release a beta version and then a final version. They will differ only in cosmetics. The duration of the map is 40 minutes or 30+10min after crossing the 3rd anti-tank barrier. There will also be some surprises in the form of tank fire. This is because the tank will be firing at enemy fortifications. I will try to replace jagdpanther with jadgtiger. Area-wise my map is 4 times larger than goldrush, but still lacks rooms and passages. I also try not to release too many pictures of my map.

Sounds like a good map, the time duration is also nice, as sometimes the real good maps aren't long enough. I look forward to testing or playing it at some point. If you need anyone too, PM me here or on discord, (My discord tag is on my profile).

• Thanks 1

I prefer the gold rush gals over original personally. Not that my opinion carries much weight but I played ET for obj for years. One enterance into gold room and no TPs on barrier can make that map almost impossible to beat. What I like about gold rush gals is that even on stacked teams I can get to truck, tank, barriers, obj from different angles, top, bottom, side to side. The obj is always accessible from a different angle. 

This might make it harder to defend but on the flip side original gold rush is almost impossible to win sometimes...going past a spawn, arty in courtyard, a mg in courtyard, encounter green smoke in bank, camping medics perhaps another mg lying down in bank , maybe a FG in there too and flame running into it straight on because its the only path to obj...well its hard...

When it's stacked against allies on gals I rely on the tps and multi directionality of gthe map but thats just my two cents...

Also as engy on goldrush with tanks and barriers there's almost always somewhere to take cover to fix tank. You're never in the open entirely for any stretch of time and you can pop out of a door or jump on top the tank from a higher ground to fix it basically at all times...

Gold rush is a masterpiece in map design but gold rush gals is an improvement in my opinion.

Edited by spectator
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Leader
3 hours ago, FILIPE said:

I don't know if everyone knows, but every now and then I upload pictures when I make a map.

Today I uploaded a couple of pictures.
https://imgur.com/gallery/YpiyPCo

I thought that you meant uploads to this topic,! 😄  I counted 17 SS on on that linked-to-page.  

I just clicked on the "follow this topic" here which makes 12 of us now.  You can remove the @RedBaird from your mass-@-list,  😄  I clicked on the "let others see you following this", but I don't see how to read who is following!  :?: 

With this project, you are doing what I had always planned to learn to do, but never got a round to doing. :( 

I don't see how to read who is following!  

I found out how:  click on the number of followers and it will then show the list. 😄 

Edited by RedBaird
found followers' names
  • Thanks 1