ET DemoView Edition by SunLight
This is an alternative ET version with some extra features for demo reviewing.
I made it at first because on Linux I couldn't use image-et to rewind demos, later I compiled it for Windows too, because I liked the new features, and I wanted to use it instead of image-et, which is a great tool but more movie-making oriented
The main purpose of this modified version is to check possible cheaters demos, but you might like such features as demo unlagging, movement graph, watching demos from other players p.o.v., attacker view, even for reasons other than cheater busting.
- added sdl sound support for Linux, no need for et-sdl-sound anymore
- disabled alt + enter on Linux, it was annoying for me, sorry...
(you can still set r_fullscreen 1 and /vid_restart)
- blocked /connect command, this game version is only for demo review!
- demo unlagger, to see real players aim without delay
- improved r_shownormals with new modes, to check for wallhackers more easily
- 'real view' of player aim without screenshakes (can be enabled or disabled)
- you can toggle shownormals, real aim view, and player names with your keyboard
- demo seek/rewind (beta! there could be bugs, but it's mostly working)
- demos are now sorted in alphabetical order in et main menu
- added a command to show player names
- you can watch demos from another player's point of view (beta)
- attacker view, to automatically follow all players who attack the player who recorded the demo
- added a 'movement graph' to check for warp in player movement
- bug fixes and new seek algorithm (fixes warmup bug, and it's faster)
- added more infos in the hud
- custom fov and zoom
- pause / timescale 0 support
- 2 alternative timescales
- fixed skipping when watching 'laggy' demos
- added a new key bind ('A') for automatic unlag and shownormals, based on the player you are currently watching
- fixed a bug in the hud with low resolution r_mode
- Alternative demo auto-unlagger. It interpolates players in a way similar to antilag. You can still use the old (manual) one
- Fixed Silent mod crash when watching demos from other players point of view
- Improved player names visuals, now you can also see only team mates or enemies
- Fixed Goldrush and Adlernest map bug, when watching in slow motion
- Player body in r_shownormals 6 or 7 now looks like r_showtris
- Linux version has less dependencies
see readme.htm inside the zip for more infos