About This File
W:ET Finger Search Tool is a simple windows-based software which provides a little convenience and ability for a quick search of strings from your collection of text files inside or outside Enemy Territory. Can be used to search for specific search string from files produced by !finger command and !baninfo command.
This finger search tool searches a non-case-sensitive match of strings such as GUID, MAC address, IP Address, and player names from any type of files of current working directory. Basically any particular "search" string can be used as the basis to search your collection of W:ET finger text files.
Once the search string is found from those text files, this software will simply display all text files that has a matching search string inside or outside ET. You may then proceed to open those files using Notepad and Wordpad for your further use.
Download and copy the software into W:ET folder.
NOTE: May require Administrator access when launched.
The software is at it is, no warranty or guarantee that the software would work for your or even implied warranty and/or guarantee to meet your expectations. The software is not designed to be an alternative to what software you are currently using nor even replace any software that you are using. The software is not designed to change the method of your searching text files. Software comes AS IT IS! If you are not interested to use the software, do not download the file then.
What's New in Version 1.4
- Version 1.0 - Initial Release
- Version 1.1
- - searching in all files under current working directory regardless of file type (.TXT , .RTF and no filename extension)
- - clear search string button added, tab stops added
- - copy/paste feature added, double-click to highlight current text field added
- - counter bug fixed, folder search bug fixed,clear list bug fixed
- - set focus on erroneous field added
- - multiple text boxes added for parallel search mechanism
- - validations of search string and folder location updated
- - enter key function added to every search string boxes
- - removal of leading and trailing spaces
- - sorting of resulting files
- - default search location updated
- - GUI updated
- - removal of duplicated resulting filenames (to do list)
- Version 1.2 -
- Files with matching string can now be opened inside tool
- Multiple string search
- Other bug fixes and operation enhancement
- Version 1.3 - Added a mechanism where it searches all condump text files and retrieves both !finger and !baninfo details then dump those info into one single text file.
- Version 1.4 - Added mechanism to capture and saved all !finger and !baninfo information into a single file while inside ET game.
- - search GUID,IP,and MAC while inside ET game.
- - bugs on showing duplicates files - fixed