About This File
The MarkC Windows 7 & 8 Mouse Acceleration Fix
WHAT IS IT?
It is a registry file that removes Windows 7 or 8 mouse pointer acceleration.
It is like the CPL Mouse Fix and Cheese Mouse Fix, but gives exactly
1-to-1 mouse to pointer response for Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Exactly 1-to-1 means no discarded or delayed mouse input while game playing.
How do you use it?
- Find the display DPI that you currently use:
Click Start, click Control Panel, select Appearance and Personalization, select Display.
See if you have 100% or 125% or 150% selected.
- Open the ZIP file at the link above.
- Select the folder that matches the Windows version you use and Double-click it.
- Select the REG file that matches the DPI% you use and Double-click it.
- Answer Yes, OK to the prompts that appear.
(See below for non-Administrator account use.)
- Reboot or Log off to apply the fix (you have to reboot or Log off).
- Enjoy exactly 1-to-1 mouse to pointer response!
(If you applied one of the Windows 2000 or Windows 98/95 Acceleration fixes, then 'Enhance pointer precision' must be checked ON to enable it.)