ET Why I love FA ET servers...

HarryAimpotter

15 hours ago, L3ftY. said:

Many many years ago just after electricity was invented, ET had many clans who competed head to head - 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5, etc. The clans participating would agree on the map, which server, the rules, classes to use, etc. Many gigantic egos were developed during this period, some of which still exist today.

These classic events were called 'scrims' and were very popular during their hay day. As the game became easier to hack and cheat, the scrims tended to die off as trust between some players eroded. 

You are too old my man.. 

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

16 hours ago, L3ftY. said:

Many many years ago just after electricity was invented, ET had many clans who competed head to head - 3 vs 3, 4 vs 4, 5 vs 5, etc. The clans participating would agree on the map, which server, the rules, classes to use, etc. Many gigantic egos were developed during this period, some of which still exist today.

These classic events were called 'scrims' and were very popular during their hay day. As the game became easier to hack and cheat, the scrims tended to die off as trust between some players eroded. 

Haha too true, although you forgot to mention scrims were usually arranged via IRC channels. 😄

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Haha too true, although you forgot to mention scrims were usually arranged via IRC channels. 😄

also via vent or teamspeak, and I think TS was used before vent was around, can't quite recall which was first. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, L3ftY. said:

also via vent or teamspeak, and I think TS was used before vent was around, can't quite recall which was first. 

Wow see IRC was easy to remember, most clans had their #Quake channels always open 24/7.

Vent....Yeah forgot about that one mate. I do remember i always had issues with talking on all of them as i'd forget to press the button bound to "talk" so i'd be shouting at myself, never really any good at scrims me, team idle taught me that.....I was more of a loan wolf sort of thing so 1v1 was always the way for me with the odd 3v3 here and there but most scrims i played were well out of my league. 😄

• Leader
15 hours ago, Vice86 said:

sheldons line of scrimmage. i knew i heard it before

Thanks for reminding me to look out for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory". 

My, what odd directions this thread veered into. 😄  But all in Good Fun.

• Like 2

vor 6 Stunden schrieb RedBaird:

Thanks for reminding me to look out for reruns of "The Big Bang Theory". 

My, what odd directions this thread veered into. 😄  But all in Good Fun.

i seriously was believing what urban d. pointed out, and in terms of online gaming i wouldnt be wondered either. (ebarassanig 4 me) 😳

i ve gotta do a double check in the future 😇

20 hours ago, L3ftY. said:

dont for get mumble and roger .

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2020 at 6:46 AM, Hitch said:

Genuine question, how come you have the sky turned off?

yep, smoother gameplay and focus. With it off, it helps me focus on targets and not being distracted by the miscellaneous crap in the sky :)

• Like 1

Always nice to see this

Screenshot-2020-10-04-234823.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-04-234418.jpg

THE BEST PLACE TO BE F|A NOQUARTER XPS.....YELL YEAH :)

oh and @Long dont have a woman 

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 100 2