Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

<<<<<<< her fault return to W:ET and now cats rule my life :D

used to be grizzlybearpuma because id recently been skiing in jasper canada and there was a cool carving of a grizzlybear and at the time a drove a ford puma (son was grizzlywolf) 

agggghhhhh uploaded wrong attachment and cant find a way to delete it 

maybe i should change my name to "incompetent old git that has lost touch with technology"

forestcat20k.jpg

Edited by forestcat

• 2 weeks later...

My name roughly translated means LastSlipperies. I was talking with a friend when I was trying to think of a name, and he was telling me a story about some guy slipping on the very first snows that came this winter. It looks like the winter snow-wise is starting to be over here, and yesterday I managed to slip on the very last snows we've had, so thus came the idea for the name 🙂. It can also have a secondary wishful meaning, but I wont elaborate on that 😉

Edited by VimpatLiukkaat
Typo
  • Like 1

I had never seen this post :)

For Young Fox, I was small (maybe 7 or 8 years old) my uncle installed me E.T on my PC.

He did my config and said me: "what do you want as a name?"

I had no idea, after thinking a few minutes .. he said me: "I know: Young Fox!" ..
My uncle died a few years ago, so, in his honor, I kept this nickname and try to make it known.

E.T was my uncle's favorite game, we spent nights there . It is thanks to him , if today I am here :)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Lots of people assume that my nick is related to the movie. It does not. I have used variations of it since 1996. It originated in my grade 12 Italian class. A girl named Sabrina came up with Joe Dee as part of the script we wrote and character I played in out class play. Since I used to tell dirty jokes it turned into Dirty Joe and into JoeDirt when I signed up on some gaming forum back in mid 96.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1

I love german language, its in my mind most beautiful language in world. Always loved german movies and detective series like Matula  (Ein Fall f'ur zwei) I remember when i was kid and didn't know how to read my grandma did read subtitles for me. I always been huge Matula fan. Because in Finland i can't add "von" to my own name because laws, i use it for gaming. So "von" is there because i love German language so much and Rantala is my real surname. Been thinking about starting to use name "von Swearengen". Swearengen is my all time favorite tv character, from my all time favorite tv serie Deadwood and he reminds me on my grandfa. "von" i would always keep front of my gaming name.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, von Rantala said:

I love german language, its in my mind most beautiful language in world. Always loved german movies and detective series like Matula  (Ein Fall f'ur zwei) I remember when i was kid and didn't know how to read my grandma did read subtitles for me. I always been huge Matula fan. Because in Finland i can't add "von" to my own name because laws, i use it for gaming. So "von" is there because i love German language so much and Rantala is my real surname. Been thinking about starting to use name "von Swearengen". Swearengen is my all time favorite tv character, from my all time favorite tv serie Deadwood and he reminds me on my grandfa. "von" i would always keep front of my gaming name.

My heart is bleeding ...

• 3 weeks later...

The Tale of my name is a short one.

It was originally Chakotay from Star Trek, though I never really watched it. I started when I was like 13-14 years old. After that period I was not active for some time so it became Chakotay Reborn. However everybody said Reborn. The iCe is just a memory of a group of five ET players. So no clan, just an old memory. 

• 100 1

My name hails from the Cross of Iron movies from the '70s with James Coburn as Feldwebel Steiner.

As I was having problems coming up with a name to give myself ingame sometime in 2003, my brother was watching the movie on the television behind me. Name has a good sound to it and it suits a World War 2 game like Wolfenstein, so I went with it. Wrongly I assumed Coburn in that movie had the rank of "Leutnant". A year later I watched the movie myself and noticed the mistake, but I didn't bother to change it to "Fw Steiner", as I had by then already been known as Lt. Steiner.