Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

Since I get asked from time to time. Some usually ask me if I got Cabal from Destiny or from Cabal Online or Blacklist, all wrong 😛

I picked CABAL from the RTS Game older than ET, Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

CABAL is a biological AI for the Brotherhood of Nod. After the second war, CABAL went rogue and waged war against NOD and GDI with a cyborg army he created from capturing civilians.

C&C is easily one of my all time favorite franchises, Tiberium saga is one of the best stories I've played in gaming (aside from that one game 😐 )

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum VIP

Nab = noob which means "Noobish" use to be a joke but after years of not playing I actually really fit the name lol

• Like 1

@facapu haha same here

Nen = Neno (thats my nickname that everybody calls me, full name is Nemanja)

ich = Bodirogić (ć is written in english as ch, so Bodirogich)

Nenich :) 

• Like 2

Back in the days i was playing 2v2 on etpro with my clanmate. We had our signature nicknames but for 2v2 we decided to wear twin nicknames. He was "yo" and i was yo also but read phonetically, so "jo"

• Like 4

when i start playing this game i decide to use my last name oliveira and someday i see another portuguese player using pt after is name so i start using to and feeling that something is missing so i start using oliveira[pt] ever sense

THE END

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I was always interested in the Three Kingdoms period of chinese history. In 2019, when Total War Three Kingdoms was released, I was all hyped for it and jumped on to playing it. I was playing as a warlord Cao Cao, whose first lieutant is none other than Xiahou Dun.

So I am playing the game, and my glasses were very foggy. So I wanted to take them off and wipe them, but somehow (and I still question my physical strenght since) I broke them in half. Since it was very late, I couldn't go to an optician, and instead of going to sleep like a normal person, I constructed a weird device with my shirt and one half of my glasses. The shirt was holding one part of the glasses while covering my other eye, and thus provided a bit of vision. I know how dumb that sounds, you're not alone thinking that.

Xiahou Dun according to ancient archives lost his eye in the battle to a stray arrow. Ever since then, he was wearing an eyepatch to cover his eye socket. And coincidentally while playing the game with that... creation on my head, a historic event popped up in-game, notifying me that Xiahou Dun lost his eye. I thought that was mildly amusing and it stuck to me ever since. So it's a pretty recent nickname, but has a fun anegdote to accompany it. 🧐

Edited by Xiahou Dun
  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

@Xiahou Dun

It should also be noted that; when he lost his eye due to an arrow, he took the arrow out and he devoured his own eyeball 😈  That’s hardcore.

It’s a nice Alias, best character in the Wei faction 👍

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

My nickname from when I was a kid was Mojo. Darth is for the love of Star Wars as a kid, so I became a sith lord, DarthMojo...lol My original gamer tag when I started playing ET in the early 2000's was =XD=DarthMojo, I had been part of a clan out of Canada, not sure they are around anymore but that is what I kept.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PikeKiller ,because I used to catch a lot of pike. And I added photos on the forum and one of the players said I was pikekiller, I changed the name from painkiller to pikekiller.  😄 

• Like 3

Seneca because I'm 100% full blood Native American Indian and my tribe is the Seneca Nation of Indians ( https://sni.org/culture/ for some background) in Western New York state, USA. Wolf because it's the clan my family belongs to. (Quick explanation here https://sni.org/culture/clans/ ) .  I've been using this gamer tag since the days of RtCW, my first tag was [FuN]SenecaWolf. 

• Like 5

well i used to be known as Corp Punishment back in the day but since returning to the gaming community that names been taken so hence was born Big Pun i belive the original Big Pun was a rapper in the 90s ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My name "Harm Harm" came from a childhood name my friends choose to call me. It comes from my first name, Harmony. Most people I know call me Harm and I prefer that more than my original name. Lol there isn't really anything special about my username I guess, it's just my name 😄

• Like 1