Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

Mines pretty self explanatory, I am a big lover of movies. I could of chosen any film director but the names of the classics have a certain prestige attached to them (Hitchcock, John Ford, Kurosawa, Kubrick etc). For me, Hitchcock films are just mastery in tension. 

In a way ET feels like this as well, especially when playing for the obj. One moment, you've stolen the gold from the bank. Silence. No Axis around. About to make the home stretch to the truck and then before you know it you get shot in the head and it's over. It's that moment of silence that is most tense, this to me summaries what Hitchcock is about. 

Here is Hitchcock directing Grace Kelly ❤️

alfred-hitchcock-grace-kelly-to-catch-a-thief-1108x0-c-default.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Hitch said:

Mines pretty self explanatory, I am a big lover of movies. I could of chosen any film director but the names of the classics have a certain prestige attached to them (Hitchcock, John Ford, Kurosawa, Kubrick etc). For me, Hitchcock films are just mastery in tension. 

In a way ET feels like this as well, especially when playing for the obj. One moment, you've stolen the gold from the bank. Silence. No Axis around. About to make the home stretch to the truck and then before you know it you get shot in the head and it's over. It's that moment of silence that is most tense, this to me summaries what Hitchcock is about. 

Wow, I saw you playing and thought:'Okay, this guy likes Hitchcock', when there's a bigger story in that! I'm never gonna look at getting the objective the same way as I did.

Btw. I adore Grace Kelly and the golden age of Hollywood. 😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bells said:

Wow, I saw you playing and thought:'Okay, this guy likes Hitchcock', when there's a bigger story in that! I'm never gonna look at getting the objective the same way as I did.

Btw. I adore Grace Kelly and the golden age of Hollywood. 😍

They don't make them like they used to!

It's why I suck at obj most of the time. The tension gets to me especially in goldrush, when you're waiting for the right moment behind the door on the top floor. I end up doing stupid shit, like charging in alone against a hospital of medics only to fail at jumping the table to get the gold.

• Haha 1

When I started, I was $ Moonlight $. Moon coz my name's Luna and in Spanish, it means Moon. Light coz I would be light for people and I love help others.

I wanted to change it and I was looking for a new alias. I was listening to this music :

"Bonbon à la menthe" is Mint Candies in English. 

In this song, Jok'Air is singing about a woman which never falls in love but she's falling in love with him. He describes love scene (implicitly). "Le bonbon à la menthe" is Jok'air's tongue which kisses this girl.

Now you know what represent my alias 😅

• Like 5

On 6/10/2020 at 11:19 PM, Hitch said:

So You are  Hitchcock without cock, hihi.  :D 

Almond is my real surname translated to english , but without "o' at the end'.  :)

Edited by Almondo
correction
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP

Dju is a nickname of a friend back in high school. Most of my password are still related to this nickname to this day lol !

So I decided to go with that when I downloaded ET again few weeks ago ! Short, sweet and simple !!

• 3 weeks later...

LinP was my name in an amateur radio club.

Lima-India-November-Papa

Actually 30PE189 in 27555Mhz :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

My dad was the one who got me onto ET about 14 years ago (he heard about it from his mates at work) and when I saw him playing I jumped on and had a turn. I remember getting my ass absolutely handed to me in Baserace but I continued playing it.

My dad's nickname is Frosty and he blended it with the Terminator and came up with Frostinator. As I made a few friends playing ET on and off I kept my tag the same so any old friends would recognise me.

• 100 1

Mine is pretty self explanatory back when I played on another server some of you know it as [LZ] me and a friend and former clown that worked in the same circus (under the same tent) so to speak decided to come up with something funny and stand outish. That is as some of you know as Doink the Clown great wrestler at the time and me as the sidekick little person Dink the Clown here is one of his matches back in 94

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Simple: It is Latin (some people tell me also spanish) for "I love you (plural)"

It was first created on Runescape because I liked the people I was playing there with. BUt it certainly also holds for the =F|A= community and the people on the servers.

• Like 1

I was a real nub at the beggining of playing ET since I downloaded it in 2013, when i saw the first set up, I needed a nick, few minutes of thinking I quit the game and go to GC and searched with quote "best nicknames" 😂. Opened the one of the sites an find that Night Train. I was thinking, will that be good at all and few moments I accepted it. Then I quit playing games in 2014-15 and started some other ways which was bad. But God sended me hope to get better, school finished, 2 years of job and bought my first PC and reinstaled ET also found this clan with awesome peeps. Started again with Night Train which is converted to spacechuu, ninjachuu or just chuu:3😂

Sounds cute haah? 

Need to get it up all in one so we will se what will be at end😂

With love Chuu:3👋✌️💕

• Love 1