Whats the history or reason behind your player alias/username

Octane

My nickname: Meehan 

i picked it because i like the history of WW2 and saw the HBO mini serie Band of Brothers!

Lt. Meehan was the company leader of E (easy) company but got shot down during the invasion (Airbourne) of france before the beachlandings!

I just liked the name and it stuck with me... (maybe giving him some last honours?)

Well yeah thats the story of my Gaming name...

Greetz 😄 

• Like 4

I'm taken from a death note character Ryuzaki.

It's mysterious this ryuzaki, and I saw that in W: ET no one had taken it so I said to myself let's go. 😄

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, Mint Candies said:

When I started, I was $ Moonlight $. Moon coz my name's Luna and in Spanish, it means Moon. Light coz I would be light for people and I love help others.

I wanted to change it and I was looking for a new alias. I was listening to this music :

"Bonbon à la menthe" is Mint Candies in English. 

In this song, Jok'Air is singing about a woman which never falls in love but she's falling in love with him. He describes love scene (implicitly). "Le bonbon à la menthe" is Jok'air's tongue which kisses this girl.

Now you know what represent my alias 😅

Whenever I see your name on the server it always reminds me of this classic British comedy sketch by the two Ronnie's 😁

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kaasschaaf said:

When I created my name, I thought about a totally random object which is kinda representing The Netherlands.  

So I ended up with Kaasschaaf,  which is translated to English: Cheese slicer 🧀🇳🇱

And - I also, as probably every dutchie, really love cheese 😍

spacer.png

I more read this like käse Schaf / cheese sheep

Edited by Fighter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

Ok, my turn.

My name comes from an italian comic song of "Elio e le storie tese", a comic band.

Elio e le Storie Tese - Shpalman - YouTube

Shpalman is a good superhero, an avenger of wrongs, and punishes the bad guys spreading shit on their faces.

But...in the haste, I wrote the name wrong, and now it stays as it is 😂.

61Y19S9BQoL._AC_.jpg

• Haha 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When I was 12 or 13 I was a huge fan of Dragon Ball. So I joined a forum about this anime, and then there was a fashion for nicknames resembling Japanese names. I liked Yakumo, so I was known by that nickname. After a while, a colleague from the forum (with whom I have contact until today, almost 20 years) started to contact me Yaku. I liked it and it stayed that way. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I basicly got my username by randomly generating a name when i made my google play account,

At first it was mockingblade king, than just mockingblade, than blade, than bladey

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The orgin of my nickname goes almost 20 years back 😅 when i started online gaming on ET i needed an nickname and came up with Endymion (after an dutch hardcore dj) becouse i loved the music and liked the name. Over the years it got endy, but to make it more stylish 😅 it got endyYy

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Back in the early 2000s I used to play a MUD called Nightmist. You had to roll a team of characters who were then your traveling party on all sorts of quests. Rolling a high stat player was something you would try and do in between playing in game. Grebfar was one of my many characters names. No rhyme or reason to it.

At the time I went by a different Nick online and continued to do so for many years. It wasn't until much later in the 2000s that I decided to change my main online Nick. I had spent many years on Nightmist as grebfar so I went with that.

And it's stuck with me so far!

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know where exactly I picked it up. There's a Greek character of course by the same name, and the eternal Apollonius theorem of elementary geometry... and also it's not an uncommon or unique alias.

I first used this nick when I started playing Clash of Clans 😆 (I stopped playing that long time ago). I've used it in several other places. I have another nick that I use more frequently; now that I think about it I should've used that instead!😄

• Like 3

Saw this in a gamers magazine, thought the name was cool and started using it when ET came out in 2003. 

IMG_20211216_085332.jpg

Edited by PHNTM
  • Like 3