ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

I would like to put the most voted maps in the busiest times, almost always I see that maps that are not popular that are placed twice a day during peak hours (where there are more players). I just want you to take that into account.
Example: mines is a map that displeases many currently and yet they put it 2 times a day when the sv is almost full.
bba2-beta is a very popular map and they only put it 1 time in the afternoon (when it's full sv).

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:33 AM, Maxine said:

I have suggestions:

You can delete one of this maps?:

capuzzo

kerkyra

venice_ne4

UJE_00

braundorf_final

castleattack_b5
eagles_2ways_b3
mlb_temple

Still the same maps, round and round...

Server need some fresh air :D You know what i mean :D

xoxo,

Maxine

Could you provide suggestions on what to replace these maps with? Maybe you'd like to see one of your favorite maps on Jay1?

My feedback on this list:
I can agree, Capuzzo doesn't work very well on Jay1. Kerkyra is too small. Venice is a "staple"- it should be kept. UJE_00 is my favorite map, afaic the votes aren't a total bomb- It's one of those maps you either love or hate tho. Braundorf is meh, Castle should go, not a fan of Eagles.  I like Temple, but it can get a bit long in the tooth. How about Smiley's remaster of Egypt in it's place? (FA_Egypt)

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

The only map that NEEDS a break and never seems to ever get removed is Fuel Depot. It's just time to give it a rest. Capuzzo, I disagree, I think it works very well on Jay 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, PeruET said:

I would like to put the most voted maps in the busiest times, almost always I see that maps that are not popular that are placed twice a day during peak hours (where there are more players). I just want you to take that into account.
Example: mines is a map that displeases many currently and yet they put it 2 times a day when the sv is almost full.
bba2-beta is a very popular map and they only put it 1 time in the afternoon (when it's full sv).

Map rotation are based on the number of player on server and not on the time of the day . Soo based on the number of player, server select the map in this range . The numbers next to map are minimum and maximum plauer required to play the map . 

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_mor2_night_final, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 64,
fueldump, 10, 54,
fa_goldrush_b2, 0, 64,
mlb_hotchkiss, 28, 54,
venice_ne4, 0, 64,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 64,
capuzzo, 12, 52,
et_beach, 0, 64,
fa_italy_b3, 0, 64,
kerkyra, 0, 64,
warbell, 0, 64,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 64,
adlernest, 0, 40,
radar, 0, 38,
etdo1, 24, 64,
glider, 0, 32,
supply_pro, 0, 64,
teuthonia_final, 0, 44,
braundorf_final, 0, 30,
mml_minastirith_fp3, 34, 64,
river_port, 0, 64,
snatch3, 0, 54,
UJE_00, 26, 64,
sw_oasis_b3, 0, 64,
castleattack_b5, 30, 64,
eagles_2ways_b3, 12, 36,
mlb_temple, 18, 36,
trmfght_beta2, 24, 64,
etdo6, 36, 64,
bba0-beta2, 26, 64,
battery, 0, 32,
tc_base, 0, 28,

On 4/21/2019 at 10:33 AM, Maxine said:

Yeah, thats right @Vindstot :D

I have suggestions:

You can delete one of this maps?:

capuzzo

kerkyra

venice_ne4

UJE_00

braundorf_final

castleattack_b5
eagles_2ways_b3
mlb_temple

Still the same maps, round and round...

Server need some fresh air :D You know what i mean :D

xoxo,

Maxine

Imo, UJE_00 and castleattack are two great map  , that fit perfectly jay 1 .  Castleattack is a capture the flag type of map, who bring a different game play . UJE_00  is also a nice map with various objectif to accomplish in order to move foward.  Both are large map and well constructed    (my2cents)

• Like 2

Hello,

I thought that this format might be easier to incorporate as you'd like. There is an asterisk next to the maps I would like to see most.

Large

Medium

Small

Smallest

Fun

Regards,
Arkinder

Edited by RendeL
edit requested by OP
  • Like 3
  • 100 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Leader

Jay1 players request a new rotation.

After a little poll In Game, here are the maps that stand out

2019-05-24-004328-mlb_hotchkiss.jpg

2019-05-24-004142-mlb_hotchkiss.jpg

2019-05-24-005033-mlb_hotchkiss.jpg

Edited by Scarface06
  • Like 4

I'd like to see UJE_00 and Hotchkiss removed. I think Hotchkiss drives a lot of players away dude to unclear objectives, imbalance and just poor map design. Minas Tirith (as much as I am a LOTR fan) is just too big of a map to enjoy. Also the memory of me crashing the server with that map will forever haunt me.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CabaL said:

I'd like to see UJE_00 and Hotchkiss removed. I think Hotchkiss drives a lot of players away dude to unclear objectives, imbalance and just poor map design. Minas Tirith (as much as I am a LOTR fan) is just too big of a map to enjoy. Also the memory of me crashing the server with that map will forever haunt me.

Please suggest alternatives to those maps? 

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, CabaL said:

Minas is a good enough map, and since I love being sniper the best, it's the perfect map for me. it's just not designed right for game play. Most of the 1st level is never used and the 4th (or is it the 3rd) level is ALWAYS a log jam where Axis usually gets stuck and can't blow the door, but even half of that level never gets used. Too bad Smiley can't get into the code on that one and make some changes. Like, for one, let Axis start inside the castle, back at the far east side (I think it's east) that never get's used with easy access to the main gate area and on the third level, either make the jump to the highest tower easier for Axis or harder for Allies.

They can edit game manager in map script or add a map scripts to scripts folder on the server

in game manager just change

setautospawn    "Docks"        0    // Axis
        setautospawn    "City Gate"    1    // Allies

change to

setautospawn    "Level 1"        0    // Axis
        setautospawn    "Level 2 Gate"    1    // Allies

and add 

trigger level1_gate death 

so the door would be open for the jumpers

there is no global accum so it wouldn't do anything if it is activated

edit:  HipKat reference on minas 

Edited by DoubleDragon
  • Like 2

• Administrators
On 5/23/2019 at 7:16 PM, Scarface06 said:

It's in for 1 week. 

Hotchkiss, Minas and UJE out for 1 week. Need 2 more maps. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, daredevil said:

It's in for 1 week. 

Hotchkiss, Minas and UJE out for 1 week. Need 2 more maps. 

I like Sabrepeak, but it never lasts long. Too many people quit.

When is Fuel depot going to get a break? I used to love Fuel depot, but it's like being forced to eat Bologna every day. After awhile, you just start to hate Bologna.

Seriously, you think if it got taken out anyone would  complain?? People probably wouldn't even notice it's gone for awhile. I mean, it's not like I've been asking for years.... OK, I've been asking for years!

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• WhiteWidow changed the title to JAYMODE 1 MAPS ROTATION SUGGESTION