Maps and it's issue - Info needed

daredevil

12 hours ago, ElEl said:

Is this happening to only you or other players as well?

I have this with legacy, lot of sound errors. But it's mostly for doors sounds. 
I will update SS the next time I will have the problem 

You're on legacy too @Eireannanl

5 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Its already on the redirect server, someone uploaded it @ 03.35 (BST) this morning, i have access to NQ1 but its not full access so i'll wait for @daredevil to up it to NQ.

There are different folders in the redirect, we only have access to the etmain folder and as far as I'm aware, only DD has access beyond that. It needs to go in nq folder so my uploading it to the etmain did nothing. 

• Like 1

If there are other sound issues then we should hold off on uploading the etbeach fix so I can consolidate them all into one file which saves people having to download multiple.

@DeKing @Eireannanl @me when/if you find the other missing sounds with a screenshot and map name please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ElEl said:

There are different folders in the redirect, we only have access to the etmain folder and as far as I'm aware, only DD has access beyond that. It needs to go in nq folder so my uploading it to the etmain did nothing. 

Yeah that makes sense. I'll also keep an eye out for sound issue warnings on NQ maps, i'm free for the next week so can idle around and @ you if i come across anything.

Appreciate your help as always.

Server 

F|A BEGINNERS #2 XPS

Map
=F|A=Bremen Final

Axis bot waypoint issue. After the Allies blow up the 1st barrier a handful of Axis bots stay back. A couple of the bots also try to fix a vanished barrier (picture).  These bots could be more useful if attacking toward the gate instead of remaining in the back.

Quick demo ( 0:22 seconds ) included. 

2021-08-03-190528-fa_bremen_final.dm_84

shot0001.jpg

Edited by XeRoiX
  • Like 2

Update on the NQ missing sound files.

The cause of almost all of the missing sound files is ET Legacy's replacement assets due to them not being able to use the originals.

6594d86f6dd54c1afc7819c907cf41c2.png

This is why ET Legacy users won't experience the missing sound files for things such as doors opening:

doorsound.jpg.e0dff4acb4b0f4a8105990e9eee43629.jpg

Proof of this can be found in this list of ET Legacy-only sounds:

https://readthedocs.org/projects/etlegacy-assets/downloads/pdf/latest/

eb9d34eebb28d5216b0274b7e75e3f11.png

I can't think of a solution to this problem. Adding a patch with muted sounds for these ET Legacy-only sound files would mute the sounds for ET Legacy players whereas there would be no difference for 2.60b users other than no console errors. For now it seems like people will just have to live with this issue.

Big thanks to @Vice86 for letting me know he couldn't see the errors I was seeing in the screenshot above. It let me know the issue involved ET Legacy.

The ET Beach sound issue is completely different and can be fixed. Within the map's pk3 file and inside et-beach.bsp there are these lines:

1c73bc460e99208d95ab7bdaf89cef26.png

d78d863124aa39fde9a5c22d8129d8f0.png

The map is requesting sounds to be played that do not exist. This affects both ETL and 2.60b so this a separate issue entirely - further proof of this is mortar_exp03/04 do not exist on the ETL asset list.

Every time a mortar is fired on the beach, it is requesting one of these non-existent sound files to be played and so the console floods with errors. On Jaymod servers it doesn't seem to spawn the mortar shells, maybe they're handled differently across mods?

This issue dates back to 2010!
4be04ecfd33de95376c54fff5bc15c8a.png

The fix is a small pk3 file with the 2 sound files just completely blank. Just need @daredevil to upload it to both NQ1's nq folder and the redirect's nq folder so that it can be downloaded.

Another possible fix would be to create a new version of et_beach.pk3 with adjustments to the bsp file to remove the lines requesting the sounds. The first solution seems much easier.

There may be something I'm missing but I'm happy to call this issue solved.

Here is the file that needs uploading:

zzet_beachsoundfix.pk3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Jay2 - Document Base Beta 2

After capturing the bunker and blowing the gate (ensuring allies keep bunker/flag disappears) I tried to spawn at the Allies first spawn point (closer to obj) but it never worked. May be to make the map more difficult for Allies, figured I'd bring it up though (already a tough one for allies in my opinion 🤓)

I don't have access to the mapscripts folder for Jay2 so I can't do anything about either of those things you two mentioned. 😕 Might just have to remove it.

• 3 weeks later...