ET Jay #2 Hard to hit players on Jaymod 2

spectator

Never aim to head nor body.

You should always aim to throat, you'r bullets will be spread to head & body even if you dont want to.. instead of aiming to head and missing some above target.

Anyway, I suffer from bullets lag that usually effects me while vs players only, same as @kYmo said.

Edited by Puni
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Puni said:

Never aim to head nor body.

You should always aim to throat, you'r bullets will be spread to head & body even if you dont want to.. instead of aiming to head and missing some above target.

Anyway, I suffer from bullets lag that usually effects me while vs players only, same as @kYmo said.

✌️

58 minutes ago, Chef<3 said:

Knife them on the back :ninja: 🔪 

He is to bad to do soooo :)

• Haha 1
  • 100 1

My thoughts that no one asked for :)

I completely agree with Betrayal. It's ALWAYS the same people whining about unhit players and it's ALWAYS those same people who I see not aiming properly. In my opinion this whole "unhit" business is just an excuse. If you notice your bullets aren't hitting someone right, adjust your aim - it's such a simple concept.

Saying that, when the server gets past ~10v10, I've noticed myself that bullets don't connect right but it only takes a couple of minutes to adjust to that and aim slightly in front of the target and you'll start to get hits like you should. Any time before that there is no excuse, Jay2 plays as smooth as butter when there are bots online. The machine it's on is super beefy. Also doesn't it get restarted at 8am GMT everyday? It's been a while since I was involved with that stuff but I'm pretty sure I remember that happening.

I'd like to add that high fragging medics aren't magically making themselves warp so they can be avoid your bullets. The amount of times I've been accused of messing with my config or having unstable internet to gain an advantage is ridiculous. I'm not saying anyone here specifically does this but I remember a ton of people on the server that cried about this constantly. I understand being frustrated at dying to someone over and over but if people aren't doing anything to prevent that i.e. making adjustments to their aim, then they can't really complain about it.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:01 PM, captnconcrete said:

worst thing to ever happen to et was doublejump

I can not disagree more 😂. Double jump is what keeps me playing ET as it's so much more fun adding verticality to 1v1s and it's usually how I catch people out. I get bored of typical FPS games like CSGO and even ETPro as they're just soooo sloooow.

For adrenaline - as far as I'm aware it can be 3 or 4 headshots for a medic at full health depending on how many medics are on their team as that's what affects max hp. 1 medic means 140hp so 3 headshots. 2 or 3+ medics means 151 and 156hp so 4 headshots.

• Like 5

Well, thank you for all your opinions, even those who disagree.  At least we're discussing it. I've played with most of you if not all of you so I know what's up with most of you as players...

Thanks everyone  I appreciate the thoughts. 

• Like 2

Something i tried the other day because websites were not working fast and I couldnt reach addons page for Mozilla.

Open Cmd prompt as admin and type

netsh winsock reset << press enter

then.

netsh ip net reset << press enter

reboot the pc and see what you think.

The added benefit for me was the server joined a lot quicker and the hits seemed a bit cleaner for me anyway, that was jay3 though.

Worth a try.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
20 hours ago, ElEl said:

Saying that, when the server gets past ~10v10, I've noticed myself that bullets don't connect right but it only takes a couple of minutes to adjust to that and aim slightly in front of the target and you'll start to get hits like you should.

That's very interesting. I never noticed that.

The amount of times I've been accused of messing with my config or having unstable internet to gain an advantage is ridiculous.

I've seen people make these claims so many times over the years that I just shake my head now...

Double jump is what keeps me playing ET as it's so much more fun adding verticality to 1v1s and it's usually how I catch people out.

The little things that people find to be fun, for me, it's using DJ and TJ to get from one side of the map to another as fast as possible. Such a little thing, but I get a little high out of it. 

For adrenaline - as far as I'm aware it can be 3 or 4 headshots for a medic at full health depending on how many medics are on their team as that's what affects max hp. 1 medic means 140hp so 3 headshots. 2 or 3+ medics means 151 and 156hp so 4 headshots.

I also never knew HP adjusted like this. Good to know

Donated again. Thanks for keeping the server up. LOL I raged today sorry for anyone who saw that. Then I played 2-3 games pretty well if you ask me... but boy did I get angry. 

I was playing at my best after I had a fit, and well honestly that's like around 34 acc, I don't shoot a 40 or higher and I did pretty good. Some of the players I whined about sometimes I still had trouble with but I did alright. There was one player that I still couldn't hit to save my life and it made me pretty angry but then he joined my team and so I didn't care. 😄

Sigh, I just don't believe it when I face someone die almost instantly and then I face 7 other people make good shots, they die... it just doesn't seem right... even if I'm shooting a 27 or 30 and they are 40 or above... I should at least be able to hit them. Then the distance gap, some players I can shoot 500 feet away or more and then others I struggle to shoot 20 feet away and it just makes me so mad. I'm probably just too into it...

Anyways... I better get to bed  for tonight. I am still convinced that some players are harder to hit than others... Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not but I did kick some ass today and I don't think I'm that bad that I can't hit someone 3 feet away from me...(ever....) 

Edited by spectator

What I noticed about some players that helps improve their acc is that they camp out their hits, opponents. They will sit back at a open window or behind a face 100 feet back, let other people go in clear a space or knock down health points... or they will fall back a few feet wait out a fire fight come in and get second pickings. I see this alot which forces other players to go in and fight 3 on 1. 😄 That fighting style while legitimate, it isn't something I do, but I imagine that it improves acc for certain players. I play aggressively and rush in which isn't always the most highest ACC way to play. Some players rush in and dominate and don't go down, are being hit from all sides which is quite amazing and still shoot a 45 acc ( this is definitely not most people...) 

Edited by spectator

What I do to avoid getting hit is to crouch randomly in a fight, very quickly obviously.

Even when reloading if you go side to side while randomly crouching you'll be hard to hit for most players.. this is something everyone does more or less I reckon. 

On silent you can actually avoid being shot.. sometimes you hear like a water droplet sound, I don't know exactly the relation but it has something to do with crouching.

I've tried exploring this both on beg2 and hardcore, it works but I can't pin exactly why it happens so it basically occurs randomly for me.

I survived a reload against dog on hardcore by doing this and ultimately killed him, and then he said something like "so you know about unhit too", so I suppose it must actually be a thing? Idk, maybe he got salty.. he's not the friendliest guy. 

Has anyone experienced this before?  

Edited by PHNTM
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, spectator said:

Anyways... I better get to bed  for tonight. I am still convinced that some players are harder to hit than others... Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not but I did kick some ass today and I don't think I'm that bad that I can't hit someone 3 feet away from me...(ever....) 

You only kicked ass because I wasn't there.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, spectator said:

What I noticed about some players that helps improve their acc is that they camp out their hits, opponents. They will sit back at a open window or behind a face 100 feet back, let other people go in clear a space or knock down health points... or they will fall back a few feet wait out a fire fight come in and get second pickings. I see this alot which forces other players to go in and fight 3 on 1. 😄 That fighting style while legitimate, it isn't something I do, but I imagine that it improves acc for certain players. I play aggressively and rush in which isn't always the most highest ACC way to play. Some players rush in and dominate and don't go down, are being hit from all sides which is quite amazing and still shoot a 45 acc ( this is definitely not most people...) 

so u where that noobi guy? if so when u feel some ones cheating dont flood the main plz.  u use timenudge-50 this will make things feel not right. ur pings 23 so set it too 0 ull hit better. that number going down is just a bunch a bs anyway ur ping is ur ping. i messed with timenudge quit a bit.  all it does when past -15 is make u warp all over.i also feel this setting shouldnt be one u can adjust..  it used to be considered a cheat.

an only thing i meant bye doublejump is when it wasnt a thing .  et was more team oriented. i agree if it wasnt implemented into et  et would be deaddead.

in the future when u feel someones fishy in denmark. just pm a admin. we actually do ,do something around here .. even if some feel we dont.!!!!!!pm is /m player name. we sure took a beating 3 games ina row yesterday . but we still won the maps .haha all those stupid kills them rambos got an we still won.lol if everyone played the same way this game would be boring.!

• Like 1
  • 100 3

57 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

we sure took a beating 3 games ina row yesterday . but we still won the maps .haha all those stupid kills them rambos got an we still won.lol if everyone played the same way this game would be boring.!

I agree with you @captnconcrete. We are kind of like Timex Watches . . . we "take a beating but keep on ticking" :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Reading through this a few things come to mind:

There is and will always be better players than you. And I mean the general "you." One thing you can do to 'catch up' is spec them. Learn from their style, aim and tactics. You may never have the same reactions, equipment and battle sense, but you can still improve your game by studying others. Pro sport players aren't as good as they are by themselves. They're constantly coached and learning.

The "hard to hit" players aren't doing anything to their connections or hit-boxes. Our connections and gameplay will always be limited by the resources. More people in the pipe, the more clogged it gets. So it will be impacted and try and correct based on the connections of all in game. Notice their movement, if they ran straight at you like a bot does, they are easy to hit. If they DJ, sprint, sprint strafe, crouch, prone, etc. those tactics are meant to confuse and make themselves harder to hit. They know where they're going, but you do not.

Mirror was on last night and owning as usual. People got bent cause they couldn't kill him and were getting killed by him too much. The complaints and cheat calls came out again. Granted his acc his suspiciously high, but his aim and battle sense are ridiculously good. I'm not saying he is or is not cheating, but from what I saw, he wasn't. His movement is spot on, he anticipates what is around corners and looks, he clearly watches radar, listens to footsteps, etc. However, that style has consequences - he gets his rating, but can't defend an obj. If your focus is battles with better players, change your focus to the obj and chances are, you will win. Personally, I have always found that style of play for rating to be boring. I would rather be challenged by the obj along WITH getting my kills.

I say these things not as to tell anyone it's all in their heads, but to help your game improve. If I gave away anything, somebody didn't know, well, good, the 'secret's' out! Your improved play makes the experience better for me.

Edited by Gameplan
  • Like 1
  • 100 6

• D..X locked this topic