ET Jay #2 Hard to hit players on Jaymod 2

spectator

man this horse is dead dead dead i say dead.lol

your playing a video game with people all over the world ping diff and connection do play a factor . and after all it is a game ur not supposed to win all the time !!!!! someone looses some one wins.  only guarantee in et is  u will respawn no matter how good u think u are. IMA SAY IT VERY LOUD AND CLEAR NO ONE   NO ONE IS GODLY IN ET.  some have good nites  and bad nites.  generally if one or two are spanking on jay2 they shoulda probably been on the other team.  there is tons of information here on fa forums that can teach u to play better. i can look it up for u  if ud like and send it.    i assure u el!  and phantom and mute and mongo whernt  as skilled when they first started in et. i know i wasnt. lol  

also  your talking about jaymod . its not really even close to realistic.  bloated hitboxes . crappy anti lag.    

you want a more surreal et experience play silent mod or etpro.  really most people who play jaymod are just here for the fun.  i sure would be more than happy to see your demos and . maybe  can explain it.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

49 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

really most people who play jaymod are just here for the fun.  

I agree. The horse is DEAD.

I play ET on Jaymod because it is the best gaming experience for me and just fun :) 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
12 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

weren't  as skilled when they first started in et. i know i wasnt. lol  

Oh, like you are now??

(Just kidding mate)

I play ET on JM because I'm old, my skills are long diminished, my reflexes and vision aren't as sharp and ET Pro just isn't fun anymore. I play ET on FA servers because I just have for so long, it's become home. I don't even know if other servers exist. (I'm sure they do, but I never look)

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

I agree that NO ONE should be Godly in ET. 😄 I might share a few demos, it's sort of hard to know which to share because I'm inconsistent like you said, good nites and bad ones. 

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, spectator said:

I agree that NO ONE should be Godly in ET. 😄 I might share a few demos, it's sort of hard to know which to share because I'm inconsistent like you said, good nites and bad ones. 

You should post the names of the people that you're specifically thinking of

Well, I can't speak for everyone. But when I'm playing, specing others we comment in IMs about players that miraculously avoid hits or that are warping all over the screen.  I do have demos, no... I haven't shared them. . When you spec some of these people it's completely ridiculous....and again, it is in my demos... I've had players agree with me once I pointed it out a few times. That's in demos too. But, it was a private chat and I won't make it public here...

Just today,  I did demos, I saw some incredibly bad lag. But, no... I do not want to call people out on it. I don't want to smear them or get into it. Honestly... I don't know , I was going to share demos in pms with a few guys here but I don't think I'm going to drag this out publicly... 

I will say that my game runs extremely smooth. My internet connection is solid, my FPS is just perfect.  I  do not see any lags like that when I review my demos. I would love to see how I look on other people's screen, if I warp or look laggy....

I do not have any real lags on my end, the game runs very smooth for me and you'd see that in my demos. But when I spec  some of the other players OMG the game should be called LAG T....Enemy LAGGY or something, it's just incredibly bad.... I don't even know how people can play like that or not cry foul when they are trying to hit someone who is literally dematerializing and rematerializing all over the screen. ( Again, in demos...)  I have a great internet connection, government type shit, my ping is like  20... 😄 I don't have lags... and maybe that IS part of my problem. 

When I spec some people in question or even people who are very good players, who are getting killed by these players... I DO see something  almost every time. It looks completely ridiculous. But... that's not the entire problem... some players are obviously difficult to hit and you spec them and would have to be blind not to laugh at how ridiculous it looks. 

I can't say that all players who are hard to hit are obvious. I can't blame lag on it... some players are GOOD and they do move very well and I can't hit them all the time. I've had a lot of fun with skilled players who I don't always hit, I don't complain... But, I suspect it has something to do with anti lag because it's usually players with pings over 100 or so....

I have so many demos, I record almost every game I play because it's in my config. There ARE good players, some ARE better than me. But for the most part if I can't even hurt someone or they are literally warping on my screen then I get really pissed off. 😄 

But, it's a dead horse as was agreed. I didn't revive the thread... so I'm willing to let it rest as the author. But I have many demos by now and it does show absurd absolutely absurd lags.... I'd be willing to share demos in PMS but only when I get around to editing them... 

Edited by spectator

spectator i noticed when we played together that you use -50 time nudge 

i recommend turning it to 0 with  /cl_timenudge 0

your game will run even smoother and you will be more in sync when you spec people

not saying this is the answer to all the issues but it might help try it

• Like 2
  • 100 2

2 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

spectator i noticed when we played together that you use -50 time nudge 

i recommend turning it to 0 with  /cl_timenudge 0

your game will run even smoother and you will be more in sync when you spec people

not saying this is the answer to all the issues but it might help try it

omg somebody else telling u same dam thing i told u like 40 times lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 100 1

Timenudge nothing I experiment with it, -15 now it doesn't make a huge difference through experimentation...
I can try without but I think sometimes I believe it helps me and that's like a placebo...?? Or does it actually do...anything?

Even shooting a 42 acc which is good for me, I couldn't take on Nicotine one on one. I'd be open to pointers, or playing with guys 1 on 1 for fun.  I can't rule out that some players just know how to play better. I was always a engineer I wasn't a pro player so why act like one? I dont' know how a pro player acts or plays.  I specced nicotine expecting to see the usual warping, lag, sluggishness and the guy seemed pretty smooth... his ping was/ is stable...I didn't see anything like many of my other demos I've taken where I see people abusing anti-lag....

We were both doing heavy kills like 120 vs 4 but we were medics and it was bawts and noobs...

I couldn't get him. He got the best of me. I quit but I said it wasn't a rage quit and I asked for pointers maybe sometime. Skill seems to be a factor here, real skill...because he doesn't have lags or unstable ping, he doesn't warp.

I couldn't get him...with or without my -15 timenudge.. 😄 I started without my timenudge and thought maybe something is technically a little off here and it will help me so I tried it with my timenudge, with nicotine it made no difference...

Is he a pro player? What is his history? He doesn't play unfairly, his connection seems...fine... I never played him one on one before so I was able to kill him before... but one on one I realized that he can take me, pretty much every time.... and lol yeah that's frustrating... because I couldn't find a obvious reason, so in his case I had to conclude that he might just be a lot better than I am. ( This isn't always the case when I spec people but in his case it is...) 

Edited by spectator

predictable movements never bee to predictable.  like donk he always banks right hard when hes losing easy too counter if u know what to do.never get to close to ur enemies in fire fight.  respect bullet spread .  and study the hitboxes and how they move with movement.  never charge a shooter straight on . ull lose evertime.   and like el! hes easiest to get when hes reloading. but becareful dudes faster than lightning.never run from a shooter to heal . he will get u. stand ur ground. use your minimap and ur compass.  everyone has a weekness find it exploite it that will force them to change there game ... this game is as much mental as it is visual.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • 100 1

Thanks. 😄 I'll keep it in mind for when another good game comes around.  Again, I'd play one on ones with people. I'll try not to whine, just ask questions, learn things one on one. There's no reason to be  like that if you're one on one with someone, trying to learn.

Edited by spectator
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, spectator said:

Is he a pro player? What is his history? He doesn't play unfairly, his connection seems...fine... I never played him one on one before so I was able to kill him before... but one on one I realized that he can take me, pretty much every time.... and lol yeah that's frustrating... because I couldn't find a obvious reason, so in his case I had to conclude that he might just be a lot better than I am. ( This isn't always the case when I spec people but in his case it is...) 

@N!COT!N3

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

never run from a shooter to heal 

My Achilles heel...

• 100 1

• D..X locked this topic