ET Jay #2 Hard to hit players on Jaymod 2

spectator

• Platinum VIP

I know it sounds crazy but if you find the best player on the server and spec him for a while, then join you'll notice that you play similar to that player. if you ever see me start playing much better than I normally do, probably I just got done specing somebody who is very good. I did it the other night with a guy called PlayerAB. I forgot what is name is that he normally goes by but I guess he's kind of well-known these days in ETpro.

Anyway, for most of the next map I was hitting a lot more headshots and strafing a lot better than I normally do. I know that I get very lazy when it comes to strafing and I never been able to figure out why. But watching somebody that's really good is definitely a way to help.

• Like 1

Aside from shooting a solid 54 acc mirror was doing absolutely positively most certainly nothing special. He stood in the middle of a battle ground, was surrounded shot a 54 acc and couldn't be killed by anyone. No he did not move special, no he did not have any special tactics, no he didn't do anything impressive...

A player who comes at you straight on that like that shouldn't be that hard to hit. He isn't doing anything that special, but I might look into this crouch thing. He wasn't even crouching he was just head on dominating people without taking a scratch and yeah that's pretty hard to believe to be honest...

Movement does NOT make that huge of a difference when you face to face with someone 3 feet away. It doesn't or shouldn't 85 percent of the time if not more. I've done plenty of dances with people, but the thing is shots are exchanged... IT DOES NOT make enough a difference that you'll face a opponent and be dead inside of half a second... that's not how the game works and no opponent should go this way... absolutely not...Movement absolutely positively beyond any doubt DOES NOT have that BIG of a influence on a bout with a opponent. Yes it makes it more challenging... NO absolutely positively NO does it make a opponent a GOD....

The same thing with accuracy...when you're 3 feet away it's hard to miss and hit boxes ARE NOT that tight to make 45 acc that much different than 34 when you're 3 feet away....

Even JAPMR exchanges shots and he has a high ACC so explain to me how some one like mirror kills people before they even click a mouse? It's absurd...and yes something is up there.  Any good player will at least have to dance and put in some effort...they can't just stand in the middle of a huge fire fight kill everyone instantly like a god...something IS NOT right there...sorry... it's not... Even JAPMR or other good players work for it on occassion.... and if I am moving that much, which I move pretty gracefully to be honest and I move quite a bit with very nicely time prones, crouching and he just stands there like a bronze god and wipes me out in a second??? Yeah not buying it.... my movement works with 85 percent of the players I encounter...

He doesn't move, I do.... and so if movement really made much a difference I'd have the advantage... 

High ACC doesn't even make THAT MUCH of a difference in reality... you can still exchange shots with a high ACC player... I can hit most people no matter how good they are, no matter their ACC... If I cant hit them, why? Tell me why? Movement? Mirror doesn't have any special movement he just stands there like he's invincible and he damn near is...

Nothing absolutely nothing should make a player that lethal that you can't even look in his direction for half a second without dying... that's just not how the game actually works unless something is wrong... 

The guy did not at all, for a fact do anything amazing with his keyboard, so why was he so hard to kill? He didn't move in any special way, he didn't do anything special but he destroyed a entire server standing in the middle of a huge fight fight for 20 minutes... and that's really ....not normal.... 

YES, players like that can be killed eventually because someone hits them and then another player cleans up or gets them from behind or a Rambo medic rushes them when they are already hurting...

It doesn't make any sense AT ALL to be 3 feet away from ANY yes...ANY player and face instant death.... it just doesn't happen and no, to be frank no it's not normal at all...the dude literally doesn't even move in any special way.... it's just that he can't be hit like a normal player... The only way he dies is once he's already hurting and someone manages to get a good shot in or two... 

It's completely ridiculous to entertain or believe that a player like that is so very good that he's practically immortal or can just stand out in the open surrounded by an army and dominate them all... I can hit a target, I can hit people... I'm not the greatest player, but I sure the hell can hit people... especially 3 feet away. EVERYONE should be able to be hit 3 feet away...yes movement makes a difference, NOT THAT BIG of a difference...absolutely not. 

This guy stands out in the open with his pants down and still gives everyone a good show... no...no...and no...that DOES NOT make any sense... the dude only gets hurt when a fully charged Rambo medic gets him off guard or cleans up with sloppy seconds... 

Whatever he's doing it's pretty much game breaking and no it's not his ACC... acc doesn't really make a difference when you're 3 feet away... that's not how ACC really works... so why is he so hard to kill 3 feet away? When you're both 3 feet away you're both going to be hitting those hit boxes, it's not rocket science if you can at least shoot a 34 , hell even a 27 you're going to hit them at that distance....it doesn't make a difference if you're 34 or 50 at close range...

Again HE DOES NOT move special or do anything extraordinary as a player...he just stands there like a god... That is a PERFECT example of someone who is hard to hit.  The game is the game, people get hit, they die... it should all be the same, unless someone is "cheating" the game ( not saying he's a hacker) it's just not normal at all.... 

He doesn't get hit like a normal player, he doesn't die like a normal player... I could almost buy that it's movement or crouching but he doesn't even do that he just stands there like a unkillable god...and again acc does absolutely not make that big of a difference, the hit boxes don't change, higher acc doesn't magically make more damage with hit boxes...if you can at least manage a 27 acc , hell probably even lower... you can hit them when you're that freaking close to someone....

High accuracy may be correlated with high frag due to distance...but NO....at close range it doesn't mean shit... that's just common sense.

Edited by spectator

If it is my settings...then why does no one EVER ( that I can remember ) accuse me of warping as you say? Also if my settings hurt me that much....why is it one in ten players that I notice it, feel the hurt? That's just nonsense, I don't buy that at all, clearly we're talking about specific players, but why? Maybe because those players really are hard to hit or something is up with them.... 

I don't remember anyone accusing me of warping, maybe 2 times ever in the history of ever....:D And no my settings do not hurt me that much, aside from if they are necessary or not as I have absolutely no trouble hitting most players... but here we are talking about specific players even, I wonder why...it kind of rules out my settings as a variable...

No my settings have never made me accused of warping, no my settings do not effect my game 95 percent of the time...so yeah....no Even if that were the case I don't always use timenudge I enter it manually each game if I choose to use it. That game I was using it, yes...

Edited by spectator

1 hour ago, spectator said:

Aside from shooting a solid 54 acc mirror was doing absolutely positively most certainly nothing special. He stood in the middle of a battle ground, was surrounded shot a 54 acc and couldn't be killed by anyone. No he did not move special, no he did not have any special tactics, no he didn't do anything impressive...

Couldn't disagree more. When I spec'd him, he ran around, did 180's, left and right checks constantly. He gets the drop on you because he sees you first.

And I killed him multiple times. He probably got me 6/10, but I got him plenty. He is killable and there is no doubt there. 

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, spectator said:

A player who comes at you straight on that like that shouldn't be that hard to hit. He isn't doing anything that special, but I might look into this crouch thing. He wasn't even crouching he was just head on dominating people without taking a scratch and yeah that's pretty hard to believe to be honest...

Movement does NOT make that huge of a difference when you face to face with someone 3 feet away. It doesn't or shouldn't 85 percent of the time if not more. I've done plenty of dances with people, but the thing is shots are exchanged... IT DOES NOT make enough a difference that you'll face a opponent and be dead inside of half a second... that's not how the game works and no opponent should go this way... absolutely not...Movement absolutely positively beyond any doubt DOES NOT have that BIG of a influence on a bout with a opponent. Yes it makes it more challenging... NO absolutely positively NO does it make a opponent a GOD....

The same thing with accuracy...when you're 3 feet away it's hard to miss and hit boxes ARE NOT that tight to make 45 acc that much different than 34 when you're 3 feet away....

Even JAPMR exchanges shots and he has a high ACC so explain to me how some one like mirror kills people before they even click a mouse? It's absurd...and yes something is up there.  Any good player will at least have to dance and put in some effort...they can't just stand in the middle of a huge fire fight kill everyone instantly like a god...something IS NOT right there...sorry... it's not... Even JAPMR or other good players work for it on occassion.... and if I am moving that much, which I move pretty gracefully to be honest and I move quite a bit with very nicely time prones, crouching and he just stands there like a bronze god and wipes me out in a second??? Yeah not buying it.... my movement works with 85 percent of the players I encounter...

He doesn't move, I do.... and so if movement really made much a difference I'd have the advantage... 

High ACC doesn't even make THAT MUCH of a difference in reality... you can still exchange shots with a high ACC player... I can hit most people no matter how good they are, no matter their ACC... If I cant hit them, why? Tell me why? Movement? Mirror doesn't have any special movement he just stands there like he's invincible and he damn near is...

Nothing absolutely nothing should make a player that lethal that you can't even look in his direction for half a second without dying... that's just not how the game actually works unless something is wrong... 

The guy did not at all, for a fact do anything amazing with his keyboard, so why was he so hard to kill? He didn't move in any special way, he didn't do anything special but he destroyed a entire server standing in the middle of a huge fight fight for 20 minutes... and that's really ....not normal.... 

YES, players like that can be killed eventually because someone hits them and then another player cleans up or gets them from behind or a Rambo medic rushes them when they are already hurting...

It doesn't make any sense AT ALL to be 3 feet away from ANY yes...ANY player and face instant death.... it just doesn't happen and no, to be frank no it's not normal at all...the dude literally doesn't even move in any special way.... it's just that he can't be hit like a normal player... The only way he dies is once he's already hurting and someone manages to get a good shot in or two... 

It's completely ridiculous to entertain or believe that a player like that is so very good that he's practically immortal or can just stand out in the open surrounded by an army and dominate them all... I can hit a target, I can hit people... I'm not the greatest player, but I sure the hell can hit people... especially 3 feet away. EVERYONE should be able to be hit 3 feet away...yes movement makes a difference, NOT THAT BIG of a difference...absolutely not. 

This guy stands out in the open with his pants down and still gives everyone a good show... no...no...and no...that DOES NOT make any sense... the dude only gets hurt when a fully charged Rambo medic gets him off guard or cleans up with sloppy seconds... 

Whatever he's doing it's pretty much game breaking and no it's not his ACC... acc doesn't really make a difference when you're 3 feet away... that's not how ACC really works... so why is he so hard to kill 3 feet away? When you're both 3 feet away you're both going to be hitting those hit boxes, it's not rocket science if you can at least shoot a 34 , hell even a 27 you're going to hit them at that distance....it doesn't make a difference if you're 34 or 50 at close range...

Again HE DOES NOT move special or do anything extraordinary as a player...he just stands there like a god... That is a PERFECT example of someone who is hard to hit.  The game is the game, people get hit, they die... it should all be the same, unless someone is "cheating" the game ( not saying he's a hacker) it's just not normal at all.... 

He doesn't get hit like a normal player, he doesn't die like a normal player... I could almost buy that it's movement or crouching but he doesn't even do that he just stands there like a unkillable god...and again acc does absolutely not make that big of a difference, the hit boxes don't change, higher acc doesn't magically make more damage with hit boxes...if you can at least manage a 27 acc , hell probably even lower... you can hit them when you're that freaking close to someone....

High accuracy may be correlated with high frag due to distance...but NO....at close range it doesn't mean shit... that's just common sense.

Well ,I wasn't there so I can't say anything for certain, BUT Mirror has been the subject of some accusations in the past BUT, whatever.

About that prone stuff, you know when you go prone, not only do you lose focus while you're going down, but when you get to the ground, your head is the only target

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

I could be wrong about this, all of this. ( To an extent....) 

I played with a few really great players and got a few pointers that I will have to try out later... I have to admit that some players really are just good...even if they shoot a 50 ACC, they are just good players and I enjoy playing with them.  They explained to me what can cause hard to hit in the movement of the player...honestly I didn't know about this... and they gave me a few pointers. Watching them was loads of fun because I saw things I did but they also did things better than me ,  and just watching them move and their instincts it was awesome... You could tell that they were the real deal and had talent/ skill and experience....

Maybe I was wrong about these players, I'm not sure. I was having alot of fun playing with them, I didn't do as well as them but it was still a fun experience.  These guys Yuna, Phantom, Achilles and a few others, beautiful players, beautiful form, just beautiful.  But....they did actually talk about some players being difficult to take down and players that good can hit just about anything honestly. It was fun to meet those kind of players...

I may even have a answer to this thread and this age old theory... I am going to practice and try to get better at this game to see if I can understand, hone into what I'm seeing. Well anyways, until then I guess... I think the real answers lie in experimentation now.

Edited by spectator

well maybe we can get mirror here to  chat too.  yuna and achilles are both good players.  achilles is better . hahaha at lest on jay2 

i gotta say it tho i have never seen either yuna or achilles play anywhere near mirrors level.  betrayal would be only guy  besides destiny and huru . who got that talent  or el! but el! is on his own level. on jay2  anyhow. 

none the less they all are good players.  i think , thinking about being the best in et is a complete waste of time anymore. just having fun  and having good clean games. win or lose. is way more important then . some one shooting 54acc repeatedly like its easy to do.lol one of the things i do is ask for there cfg.  and compare id say i learned the most  in et from this.  and just like your doing ask the better players. another thing i did back when i was decent at et is play lots of 1v1 with better players . u learn alot of stuff this way.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

LOL I rather not invite mirror to something that could be upsetting or insulting. I am not even sure that the guy is doing anything wrong or what is going on honestly. I rather just let the guy be in peace and figure this out on my own. This would have been better as a private conversation with friends who know the game very well. As a public thread on a public forum... it's different.  It's funny because some of those guys you mention I wouldn't consider hard to hit. 😄 ( I would agree that they are good players...) 

I don't think I'll ever shoot 54 acc even if I could honestly but I would like to work on my movement. I think it's more fun to play with a lower acc with high acc players...at least for now...

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

At the end of the day, the last hour on Jay 2 was some of the best gaming there has been in a long time! Just like the way I was remembering in my thread. No one arguing, no excessive "noob" weapons, just a lot of good fragging and objective play! THAT'S what I love about Jay 2

• Like 2
  • 100 2

14 hours ago, spectator said:

LOL I rather not invite mirror to something that could be upsetting or insulting. I am not even sure that the guy is doing anything wrong or what is going on honestly. I rather just let the guy be in peace and figure this out on my own. This would have been better as a private conversation with friends who know the game very well. As a public thread on a public forum... it's different.  It's funny because some of those guys you mention I wouldn't consider hard to hit. 😄 ( I would agree that they are good players...) 

You just wrote like a 1000 word essay about Mirror like you've got a raging hard on for him 🤣

Why not ask? It's better than whatever that post was right? At the end of the day a big part of ET is reactions, if you get the first headshot in a 1v1 then chances are you're winning that fight and I'm guessing that's just what happened with you two last night. You should also keep in mind your spread, moving your mouse around a lot causes your spread to increase more. There are a few things that help manage that like low sens, adrenaline, medpack switching and proning so maybe that's something you can mess around with. Also bear in mind that Mirror played etpro tourneys, as Gameplan said, some people will just have a better aim than you. If I come across people that I think are better than me I just try play more creatively. Running up to someone with a better aim than you is just going to get you killed so switch things up. Make yourself a harder target to track. There's only so much advice we can offer you. Just practice and, like Hipkat mentioned, spec people and see what they do.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I'm not always right. 

But having the pleasure to play with good players who I could actually hit and then later spec showed me that I could be wrong about mirror.  There are  very good players there, who play on occasion and I was surprised that they actually wanted to help me. As for mirror, I have a few things I want to learn but they might take me a while to learn and practice. 

Honestly last night was some of the best ET of my life, those guys were good and they tried to help me. I didn't do as good as they do but I could see how someone could be better than me. I'm not the best, maybe mirror is... I don't know...I'm not doing everything wrong, they just do it better. 

I've always been a obj player and never a frag god. Hell I've ran into battles with my plyers out just to get to a tank, no gun at all that's how determined I was to be a obj player. (Works actually...sometimes...)

Mirror was just the unfortunate victim of what I thought to be hard to hit. I've experienced this with other players and they brought up mirror after I had played him and was frustrated about the match. So, that's where that comes from. I was not convinced someone could be that good until I faced off with yuna and phantom who were very fun to play with. What I can say about those two is that they have real skill/talent. 

They both shoot around a 50 ACC but that doesn't really upset me or effect my game play. I think I might have a clue as to something mirror is doing but like I said it would take a lot of practice to learn.  Thanks for the suggestions and I'm sorry that I carried on about this.

I'm not sure that hard to hit is ENTIRELY a fake thing because even very talented players like Yuna and Phantom seemed to think it was possible in some sort of way... but... I am willing to think that players like Mirror might have some real talent/ skill and  that he might be hittable with lots of practice and more knowledge about how to move....

Edited by spectator

4 minutes ago, spectator said:

I'm not sure that hard to hit is ENTIRELY a fake thing because even very talented players like Yuna and Phantom seemed to think it was possible in some sort of way... but... I am willing to think that players like Mirror might have some real talent/ skill and might be hittable with lots of practice and more knowledge about how to move....

Yeah, I meant that I encounter some players that I "can't hit" also, but that's just because they have really fast reflexes and gets me a hs or two before I even get my first shot. In ET like El! said first hits are really important. I can feel your frustration, we all were and will always be in that point vs some players. 😄

About configs I must say that my acc got up from ~40 to ~50 with a good config (and lots of hours playing ofc :D).

• Like 1

I also want to add that accuracy shouldn't matter, especially with bots on the server. Some games I've gone 70% accuracy against all players. Shit doesn't matter. Go for headshots, go for crazy plays. 9/10 times when I've turned a losing battle into a good one it's not because of accuracy it's because I've done something stupid that the other person wasn't expecting. Shooting 50% accuracy is not a good determination of if a player is "good" or not. Neither are kills, it's piss easy to farm kills by camping but if someone gets fragger, most headshots/whatever AND they're directly helping with objective, I am a lot more impressed with them as a player.

• Like 2
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP
55 minutes ago, ElEl said:

If I come across people that I think are better than me I just try play more creatively. Running up to someone with a better aim than you is just going to get you killed so switch things up.

Truth. Exactly what I had to do with Betrayal last night. Gauge where he was coming from, where he'd be and get behind him

• D..X locked this topic