ET Jay #2 Hard to hit players on Jaymod 2

spectator

Maybe some people just are meant to be that good or can be that good.... Call it on comfounding factors, internet, skill , config, adren, experience if you want. Also you have to then consider  your own internet, your skill, your config, adren and experience... Call it  on any of those things... 

I'm sure it's variable to some players and I'm sure that it overlaps with some players.  I've observed that some players that destroy a server I can kill and some I really can't ... I can not kill them, I just can't...it's impossible, nothing I do changes that...

Then when you get 2 "good players" together, you can't always anticipate the result. Sometimes they have a good fight and sometimes  one gets destroyed...

One thing that I have is the lowest ping most the time... There seems to be too many variables and maybe I'm just not meant to be a good player, maybe I just can't be... I tried config, I tried changing up my movement. Some of these players, if I were to show a demo... from my screen you're dead so fast there's no time to even consider skill, no movement, nothing... you're just dead.  (I think I have a demo but....) 

Other players you can trade shots with, dance with.... But the frustrating thing is with these, " you're dead jesus players" is that when you spec them, they look ordinary...just like any run of the mill player who crouches, straffs and can aim.... 

I see players with 100 or 120 ping just wipe out an entire server. and my 20-50 ping isn't an advantage it seems... You spec them and don't see anything suspect, stable looking ping, smooth... but you also don't see what makes them invincible... they are shooting at hitboxes what looks like 4 feet off the body.  With my 20 ping when I aim for hitboxes 4 feet away, somehow I don't see what I spec,  I don't always hit the hitboxes... For me, it feels like I have to hit the body or close to it, most the time...

I'm trying to remember that with movement the hit boxes move... All that aside maybe some people are just blessed and also come with skill. They got the right connection, the right config and their skill to back it all up and they are just good, and they have everything they ever needed to be good. I'm not saying that practice , experience doesn't factor in... but some of these players are just on another level and when you really look them over in spec, it's confusing what exactly puts them there... because you really really don't see anything out of the ordinary....

I don't know if I can keep playing honestly... I tried to figure it out better, I tried to improve, research the problem but I still have no answers because sometimes the problem is obvious, you spec and you see warping, lags but some players are literally god-like. Yes, some are....

I just don't know how to have a fair game, a good time if there are players that don't only destroy me but the entire server...and to be honest that doesn't happen for me all the time. God players enter the server and it's just awful sometimes. I just can't find a real reason, skill, movement aside, how some players can pull that off and if you spec them or I showed you a demo I'm confident that you'd say they are good but nothing in those demos would really show how they are THAT good... It just doesn't make sense, it's frustrating...

I won't call it hard to hit or lag anymore, I won't say that no skill is involved but it still makes no sense to me what I'm seeing and maybe given my internet, config, experience I just am not meant to be that kind of player, maybe I can't be and never will be. It's possible that some people just have the perfect storm going for them and they should hold onto that...the right config, internet, experience, whatever makes them a God and able to slaughter an entire room of players...( Practice does help but it does not in of itself make you invincible) 

I guess the only real thing to explore from here would be just how much a player can learn about movement, hit boxes and if that knowledge REALLY makes someone get a 150 vs 4 kill death ratio with a mp40 in a full server of players... 

Either way the game gets derailed too often by players like this. If there's no one to handle them, you can't get out of your spawn, you can't move your tank a inch, you go for a obj and they back rape you because somehow they are everywhere you have to be and it just stops being fun. Sure I can go medic, pack up on health and shoot up adren and try to play but then my team is still overwhelmed, doesn't do the obj... 

Honestly, maybe there's a better online game to play. ET just isn't fun sometimes and it's even worse when you have players like that and their team is using arty, panzer, FG4, flame.... it's just not always a fun game to play. It's easy to get frustrated when you just want to play the game and not play "let's kill that one guy because he's broken the entire game and we can't move a inch"... I don't know, just isn't much fun.

Edited by spectator

Dont listen to them spectator you are so close they are just hiding the secrets from you haha

the squeaky wheel gets the oil my friend practise is one way to get better another is asking the right questions researching and trying new things 

download-21.png

• Haha 4
  • 100 1

I can't believe it... Mike why did you have to tell him? Do you know how long I've been trying to lie to this guy about the reason he gets killed by us so much? I'll admit it, you've been right this entire time Spectator. Us pro players do all sorts of stuff to our connection to be able to warp around on your screen in particular so that we can kill you easier. The truth is, you're better than every single player on Jay2 so we have to balance it out somehow. We have to resort to effectively cheating just to be able to get a headshot on you. When you spec people and see their bullets not lining up with their hits, it's not the fact that you're simply seeing the result of ping difference - which could be easily remedied by using demo_unlag with demoviewer, no, it's the fact that you specifically are the only person to notice this and have drawn the correct conclusion that it's something 'fishy' with the player instead. Every player that gets a positive kill ratio on Jay2 has been indoctrinated into a cult just for the sole purpose of making it harder for you to enjoy the game by maliciously tampering with our internet connections. We actually take time out of our days to discuss our settings so that we might be able to screw you over more effectively. We spoof the game engine to make it think we have stable pings which is why our lagometers show this but in actuality, we send flux-charged data packets that overclock the processor threads of the server which prevents the smooth transmitting of our locations in game. The first to discover this phenomenon of phase-biased chrono-desync and leading expert in the field of online video game cheats - ex F|A member C!to, dubbed this cheat 'Flash ping'. He theorised that this could also be used to shoot faster, a term he would later name 'Drop fire'. We use both of these methods when playing against you to ensure that we can actually beat you given your insane levels of skill and mastery of all aspects of this game. Many of us, including every admin of the server, hope that one day we can even come close to achieving the level of proficiency you have without having to resort to the methods we have to use now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2
  • 100 3

EL! that shit cracked me up. flash ping .lol drop fire. hahahahaha but hey he was a game designer.  an he knew everything.lol

bout the only thing he knew was how to SNAP IN TO A SLIMJIM.LOL OHH YEAAA

its kinda like when u was 4 an mommy turned out the lights .  ur coat rack became a scary monster an only ur blankey could save u.

if your not watching demos in demo viewer . some one with a high ping ur view is gonna be all fudged up.k  lets not pick on spectator to much let s help him to realize et is just a game!

things that will help u out side the et game itself.

breath relax its a game .

gaming keyboard and mouse nice wide area for your mouse to move.

correct pc settings . cleaning out ur browser .  cleaning up ur pc. turn off bullshit in back ground using resources

try not to be obsessive compulsive with any video game. 

realize  that the Ferrari is supposed to beat the vw bug.

lastly anger and assumption are never they key.. go out side  talk to the squirrels pet the rabbits feed the birds . clear ur mind.

no hard feelings spec  i am truly here to help ..and have fun.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How many pages do you guys reckon we'll get out of this topic?

I say keep this thing alive cause it may become a cultural movement.

• Haha 1
  • 100 1

LOL you guys really think this is some sort of competition or right/ wrong debate. Give me a break, I'm not even keeping this alive. You guys are, get a life... I didn't revive this.  Yes in my experience I feel like some players are harder to hit, get over it. Maybe I am right even, maybe it's my low ping or the way I play,  my config, who knows? You're trying to make something ENTIRELY subjective objective. I'm not saying I'm better I'm saying that my experience isn't the same? Do you understand? 

I'll try to put it like an adult... in my experience some players seem harder to hit than others. (Maybe it is a skill thing as mentioned 3 times... but in some cases it sure doesn't look like that to me... I don't have all the answers and I think I've shown numerous times in this thread that I've listened to the opinions of other posters like a grown adult...) I've talked to other members, players to try to figure it out.... 

You guys really ought to  get over yourselves before acting smart and picking on someone else, keeping this conversation going that I didn't even keep going myself. Get over yourselves... It's an entirely subjective thing and I am allowed to share that if I want to. That's up to me, how you respond is up to you....

Yes, in my experience, God forbid I have my own experience some players are easier to hit than others. Don't get butt hurt over it and try to make an ass out of yourselves and pick on others for it....

Some of you need to look in the mirror saying that this is just a game taking yourselves so seriously. You act as if I'm the only one to experience such things and I'm not...not at all...On the flip side some of you are the only players on the entire server to be able to get 140 vs 4 kill death ratio/ you are all just that good and we humbly bow to you and your god like skill that no one can even come close to hitting...

God bless you and your small petty egos as you pick on other players and revive old threads so you can make yourself look almighty and make them look ridiculous because they have a different experience than you have with the game. No one should ever even question your 130 vs 4 ping, good thing such good players are here to act like smart asses and belittle every one else....

Maybe you guys should just let this go, move on I didn't revive it. Get  over yourselves.... I already let this go weeks ago... The fact that it was revived was the only reason I gave more input on my own experience.... which I am not alone frankly with this experience.

I still hold the opinion that some of you as skilled as you are, as good as you are, shouldn't be killing people 140 vs 4 kill death ratio just because you're a jesus christ super star. Even if you are  jesus christ super star, frankly it's in poor taste to act like a smart ass, condescending towards other players...

Are we done stroking your egos yet? I already walked away from this thread once...I never claimed to be better but I do have a grasp on the games mechanics and some players I do enjoy playing with. Yes, personally in my experience SOME not ALL players seem harder to hit than others... 

So are we moving on yet or are we continuing this adolescent conversation?  It's ok to monitor conversation on the server and I already stated it was okay to close this thread. But to come in here while everyone has the freedom to express their opinions and share their experiences, just to act like the OP is foolish and to ridicule them is about as mature as a 7 year old....

I already said numerous times that the thread should end. I still hold the opinion that some players are harder to hit than others regardless of the cheeky-ness. Grown adults are allowed to from opinions, stand by them, disagree ... whether or not they proven correct or have evidence to support their view entirely. It's my experience, get over it....

Aren't we done here yet? I've already heard your input, opinions.... 

Edited by spectator
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, spectator said:

I already said numerous times that the thread should end. I still hold the opinion that some players are harder to hit than others regardless of the cheeky-ness. Grown adults are allowed to from opinions, stand by them, disagree ... whether or not they proven correct or have evidence to support their view entirely. It's my experience, get over it....

Aren't we done here yet? I've already heard your input, opinions.... 

locked at posters request

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • 100 1

• D..X locked this topic