ET BEGINNERS #2 Why KR Should be Removed from Beg2 Server

Hitch

I don't even know if it is possible to remove KR from the server but I just wanted to start this topic as a discussion. This probably sounds like a ridiculous idea and I understand the competitive nature it brings which is of course healthy for any game but it also comes with its problems. I'll keep this short, hear me out.

There are certain regulars I won't name names, we all know who they are that have a massive hard on for their high KR. This causes conflict with other players, what I'm referring to is not conflict of the competitive nature but rather one of someone with a large ego who looks down on other players which in turn leads to said player stacking numerous times, not playing as a team etc. I've witnessed this many times and so have other regulars, it leads to frustration and can make the server toxic.

Another point to add is that KR on Beg2 unlike on HC or S1 is an inaccurate measure of how good a player really is. You can spend all day just killing bots to increase it.

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 7
  • 100 2

It's possible to remove.

Shuffle is based on KR and location, many users believe since a long time that should be based on PRW instead.

!howfair is based on that too and not scores. That's why some admin servers don't use this command.

You can boost your KR killing close to enemies, fast respawn kill and knife/goomba.

I'd say 60% KR is correct.

Makes more sense to erase both KR and PRW.

Edited by zrong
  • Like 1

60% seems like a good estimate, I agree, both are unproductive to team play in general but more so with KR.

You can also just reset your stats, shoot bots and increase it to a ridiculous number. The only accurate measure is the K/D stats at the end of each map.

+1 from me, btw idk how it will be working for keeping our regulars on server's, cuz thats i can say our second golden rule make it better, get it more.

For this i can see it's point on the Beg2server so i want to ask  

@K3rmit what do you think

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HarryAimpotter said:

Haven't played in B2 for a while but sometimes stacking is an issue. I'm sure you are talking about M!dnightblue, he always stacks. 

Yep, there are also others. Not just the stacking but generally not playing as a team, removing KR would solve this issue.

Personally, I think he ruins the server experience for everyone else. Happened again today, when the other players are playing as a team and you have someone like him who just doesn't care or even listen. It becomes frustrating for the other regulars and newcomers.

What do you think @Basalisk, any thoughts? You saw it happen today on Gold Rush map.

M!dnight gives a shit about fairness. He came mostly in the night on the server join the team he wants without caring about anything than his ego. He acts like  a a**h****. One question why does someone like him can use the !putteam command?

Edited by REER

Its funny but yesterday midnightblue and I had a bit of a pissing contest. With his 22+ kr I asked him jokingly if he got it by killing all the bots on the server. Well, didn't that start him up lol. He said with my lowly 4 kr I should get some skills and he laughed. Needless to say I had some good kills against him the rest of the map without any fanfare. He never said another word.

Point is and as I told him, kr means nothing, and some players praise it like it's to be respected and honored. Good idea and as Rendel says, it's a 'beginner' server anyway and isn't really necessary. 

Maybe it will even reduce some of the ego trips there if its taken away

Edited by L3ftY.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • 100 2

I had about 3.5 kr on HC server, which is rather high there, and I usually came close to 50%/50% Stat. I died a lot from nade/mine/rnade/mortar. But I won most close combat. 

Also, you can get high kr if you kill bots with knife as covert ops. I saw many ppl doing it 

So yeah, kr is not representative of skills, of what will your usual Stat be, how much you will contribute to objective (that is rather prw), or how good you are at the game 

There are plenty of high KR players who play as a team and still able to get their kills, Flamma and Ellen are good examples of this. I don't mind it either but huge egos is a big issue with the server, that needs to be addressed somehow.

If not by removing KR, then perhaps another way?

Edited by Hitch
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Hitch said:

Yep, there are also others. Not just the stacking but generally not playing as a team, removing KR would solve this issue.

Personally, I think he ruins the server experience for everyone else. Happened again today, when the other players are playing as a team and you have someone like him who just doesn't care or even listen. It becomes frustrating for the other regulars and newcomers.

What do you think @Basalisk, any thoughts? You saw it happen today on Gold Rush map.

Yes Hitch i saw yesterday and many other days/nights.

It's frustrating because when the shuffle happens he and a few other high KR players usually end up on the attacking team (i might be mistaken but it feels like it) and then because he/they don't try for the mission;  just fragging, causes the allies to go into meltdown more often than not. 

He is not the only one btw, there are a few others out there too.

Btw M!dnightblue is a very skilled player, i just wished he would help the team out as he would be a great asset for any team.

However we cant force people not to frag and try always for the mission, but if removing KR helps then i'm up for it.

I'm guessing Hitch you don't have !putteam cmd? then stay loyal, gain trust and you may receive that command or like Rendel said (apply to join)  😉

P.s if any of the regulars see stacking going on, please ask me to !putteam you to the opposing team, more often than not i have to move myself, sometimes i get dizzy moving from team to team 🤪

• Like 4