ET BEGINNERS #2 Why KR Should be Removed from Beg2 Server

Hitch

2 hours ago, notellenPage said:

Maybe we could try the S1/HC way - lowered KR like it is on those servers so the differences will not be as big as they seem on Beg#2 and players might stop carrying about KR and play more as a team?

I like this idea but wouldn't that change the overall "server difficulty", if you know what I mean? Both S1/HC are more intense than Beg2.

58 minutes ago, Basalisk said:

I'm guessing Hitch you don't have !putteam cmd? then stay loyal, gain trust and you may receive that command or like Rendel said (apply to join)  😉

I have that command, Kermit said it should work on other players too but so far I've only used it on myself.

1 hour ago, Hitch said:

I like this idea but wouldn't that change the overall "server difficulty", if you know what I mean? Both S1/HC are more intense than Beg2.

I have that command, Kermit said it should work on other players too but so far I've only used it on myself.

Well feel free to use it on me anytime to get used to it, but don't stack the teams! haha

Removing KR is not going to stop someone from being a rude internet tough guy, so I say leave it.  

People are going to bicker at each other no matter what. If seeing and being present during such a moment makes you uneasy, then you always have the option to remove yourself for a few moments until the situation settles.

Team stacking can be fixed with admin commands. Always be the first to move but remember to ask first 3 times nicely before you move any players if you do not possess the skill to make a difference. 

Team Play is required. Always.  

Whatever server you decide to play on, always remember to have fun and don't let one bad apple ruin the whole bunch. Removing KR will possibly create confusion and headache to admins and regulars alike on Beg 2 so as I said before, leave it be. Lets somehow focus on gaining more players rather than punishing all current players for the actions of a few. 

• Thanks 1
  • 100 1

7 hours ago, Hitch said:

There are plenty of high KR players who play as a team and still able to get their kills, Flamma and Ellen are good examples of this.

ahha Ellen playing for obj? ahhaahahahah

I know you said as a team but then I imagined Ellen as an engineer and I just fell on the floor laughing.

@Ellen

😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

• Administrators
On 9/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, zrong said:

It's possible to remove.

Shuffle is based on KR and location, many users believe since a long time that should be based on PRW instead.

!howfair is based on that too and not scores. That's why some admin servers don't use this command.

You can boost your KR killing close to enemies, fast respawn kill and knife/goomba.

I'd say 60% KR is correct.

Makes more sense to erase both KR and PRW.

I suggest you provide working alternate solution before you ask/suggest to remove current one. In last 10 years, i have seen demand to change back and forth, remove, etc. but NO ONE actually came out and provided a good solid working system through LUA which can be done as well. 

Yes, nothing is perfect and we actually had plans to keep KR - session specific i.e. every time you disconnect from server, it would auto reset. Sadly it didn't make through in silent mod last release. 

I am, open for 'working' suggestions to make KR better or even replace it with something else. Keyword is 'working' alternative. Not requesting perfect solution but just working solution and we can tweak up as we go. 

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, daredevil said:

I suggest you provide working alternate solution before you ask/suggest to remove current one. In last 10 years, i have seen demand to change back and forth, remove, etc. but NO ONE actually came out and provided a good solid working system through LUA which can be done as well. 

Yes, nothing is perfect and we actually had plans to keep KR - session specific i.e. every time you disconnect from server, it would auto reset. Sadly it didn't make through in silent mod last release. 

I am, open for 'working' suggestions to make KR better or even replace it with something else. Keyword is 'working' alternative. Not requesting perfect solution but just working solution and we can tweak up as we go. 

I don't know how much is possible with LUA. Personally I would like the idea of MinMax scaling the KR and PRW of the people in the session and adding those values together and shuffle on that

KR can be changed to such as hc/silent1 or removed. I play here because of the low ping. I play a mission very rarely because it is often impossible when you play against medicswith ppsh-41 + add other classes - soldier with flamer , without a tight team you have no chance to do anything. With double jump and adrenaline +described above, sometimes it's hard to defend obj.

I have no problem playing in a weaker team, but I often see players who playfield with ppsh-41 and spam arty, kill bots and half of the team because they know where to stand and it's hard to take them off. They often cry when you manage to take them down, call adre-medic or run away to the spec or say teams, but for weaker players they are often impossible to move.

In my opinion, a medic should not be able to use a different weapon than the standard one, strengthen the eng with nade a little more, because it is not very playable here, the panzer also often a shot from the front close up ends in the shooter's death, and the opponent is left with 20-30hp which with adrenaline and double jump is funny. Maybe a bit more bots to improve, but I think there are too many of them.

Edited by Zlo
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, Night Train said:

@K3rmit what do you think

KR is one indication to check team balance, more important is /scores and map progression.

KR should be checked when map starts and shuffle / putteam if its unfair, coz

even kr at the start usually leads even scores..

On 9/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, notellenPage said:

Maybe we could try the S1/HC way - lowered KR like it is on those servers so the differences will not be as big as they seem on Beg#2 and players might stop carrying about KR and play more as a team?

+1 for this

• Like 4
  • Love 1

"In my opinion, a medic should not be able to use a different weapon than the standard one, strengthen the eng with nade a little more"

I think zlo is absolutely right here. 

I also don't think medics should be using anything other than standard weapons. Med + adre + pssh is too OP imo as medic class is the only one with no time restriction to adre used.

Engineer class should be made more desirable. Increasing the power of the rifle grenades would give an advantage here and maybe steer people into playing for objective. Also landmines should actually kill people which they don't. They're a joke, anyone on adre can run over 6 landmines and survive.  Engineer class is far too nerfed. 

Finally there's field ops which should be restricted to a lower number. It's far too easy for fops to cause non stop chaos at one particular objective location steering people away of playing as engineer.

It should be possible for a team to defend 90% of the time with smg/landmines and heavy weapons. What you see instead is the defending team often relying 90% on arty. 

Many times with a full server people lose interest in the objective because it becomes impossible to move forward. Happens in fuel dump, gold Rush @ tank barrier 2, Venice, capuzzo @ tank barriers, Italy @ jeep barrier 2 to name a few.

The spam becomes so intense that players just camp and shoot from a long distance - and KR plays a role here because a few players like midnight don't want to die and hurt their KR. 

Most likely things won't change but would be interesting to at least experiment for a a month or so and see what changes. 

• Like 2
  • 100 3

11 hours ago, daredevil said:

In last 10 years, i have seen demand to change back and forth, remove, etc. but NO ONE actually came out and provided a good solid working system through LUA which can be done as well. 

What can we do with LUA? I can come up with ideas, and you can tell us it is possible or not.

Tbh, I'm fine with s1's KR system and I don't play on beg2, but here's a list:

1) Killing bots and dying by bots shouldn't affect KR. So you can't boost your KR.

2) Different weapons should affect the KR different way. It's harder to kill someone with a pistol than an arty.

3) Killing someone who has low hp should affect the KR different way than killing someone who has full hp.

4) Different classes or different teams should have their own KR (or PRW). Someone is better at defending, someone kills less as an engi etc.

5) The !shuffle command should use PRW or /score too. For example, 4*PRW+KR=usefulness or something like that.

• 100 1

Well, i wouldn´t like the idea to remove KR in silent. 

First, kr means nothing. We can ask for each other, how that player reached 3.0 + KR in game? Just killing bots or is he really good? That´s the first question. 

Second, i´m one of many players with high one, almost 3.100 to be exact.  Many players like to see your prw growing up, i love when i grow up my KR too, this is a challenge for me. I wanna get better, always. What we can to reach fairness for everyone, it´s come more closer to pay attention on teams, move players when needed and warn who deserves to be warned for stack. 

Just now, !MX said:

First, kr means nothing. We can ask for each other, how that player reached 3.0 + KR in game? Just killing bots or is he really good? That´s the first question. 

Second, i´m one of many players with high one, almost 3.100 to be exact, i mean, in silent..  Many players like to see your prw growing up, i love when i grow up my KR too, this is a challenge for me. I wanna get better, always. What we can to reach fairness for everyone, it´s come more closer to pay attention on teams, move players when needed and warn who deserves to be warned for stack. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, !MX said:

Second, i´m one of many players with high one, almost 3.100 to be exact.  Many players like to see your prw growing up, i love when i grow up my KR too, this is a challenge for me. I wanna get better, always. What we can to reach fairness for everyone, it´s come more closer to pay attention on teams, move players when needed and warn who deserves to be warned for stack. 

Point is Beg2 server, and changing the similar KR options to Beg2 server from Silent1

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 4:02 AM, daredevil said:

I didn't ask to remove nothing. I don't even care about it. No one replied to OP when I as online so I gave him a quick response to his question and how it works, basically what others did meanwhile. 

Trying to help the user. Sorry about that. I'll keep that in mind for the future, thanks for your suggestion!