Trump new President

SjaaKTreKHaaK

I hope Trump keeps his promises and starts to actually do something about the illegal migration issue. Be it a wall then, or what ever it takes.

Hopefully that would open the other "leaders" eyes all around the world and make them see, that letting unnecessary refugees in, while taking the costs from the own poor citizens isn't the solution at these hard times.

Also if there are over 300 million ppl in Usa and they can gather up just these two candidates for running president...cant really blame these two for spending several millions for becoming a "end of the world"....huh :D

Then maybe you should take a closer look at some of the real reasons of wars led\involving USA during the latest century.. And what implies to vote for an egocentric business man deprived of moral sense and full of hates. If you expect to see no more refugees\illegal immigration and that he fixes all economic issues with such promises, then big chances of disappointments. To solve a problem, you have take it by its source, not by its consequences.

Ask yourself what you would do if China, Russia, EU and most countries of the world bomb\invade\occupy your country for your resources\their interests.. Run away for protecting your family and your own life like all these refugees\immigrants I guess.

Let our position be absolutely clear: An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force.

—Jimmy Carter, state of the union address, Jan. 23, 1980

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/02/27/wars-for-resources/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_war

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_occupations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

post-7251-0-15608300-1478769847_thumb.jpg post-7251-0-86732200-1478769846_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ann!b@l

• Platinum VIP

TBH, names like Pence, Guiliani, Carson, etc... those are terrifying. I mean, Mike Pence believes the universe is only 6000 years old....

• Like 1

I hope Trump keeps his promises and starts to actually do something about the illegal migration issue. Be it a wall then, or what ever it takes.

Hopefully that would open the other "leaders" eyes all around the world and make them see, that letting unnecessary refugees in, while taking the costs from the own poor citizens isn't the solution at these hard times.

Right, it's not as if USA and other countries (France especially) have been built by immigrants in the first place eh :)

Big problem is people only see one side of the "reality".

Anyway, talking about politics leads to problems :P

Edited by Dovaah

"Don't be fooled people. All this stuff in America is just to bury the news about the new Toblerone."

new toblerone? the old one was good, but they are coming out with a new one? ...damn that trump guy

anyway, should be interesting to see what his first moves are. no political experience, 4 bankruptcies (one was almost $1 billion), a centerfold wife, and lots of reality tv experience.

can't wait. 

• Like 1

(this is MY opinion) Hey, its better than Hilary who should be in jail rn ʕ•́ᴥ•̀ʔっ (shots fired)

true. he could be the lesser of two evils 

in my office at work yesterday, where we find employment for various skilled professionals in the Toronto and surrounding area, we had 8 phone calls and 18 emails with resumes from US citizens asking questions...a sign of things to come?

• Like 1

I was shocked that Trump was our new President but I've grown to accept that it's not wrong to give him a chance.

I don't believe it's right to hype up the skeletons that he has in his closet. News flash, Trump is not perfect, NO president is perfect or ever will be.

Comparing the amount of skeletons that Trump has to Hillary, it's no contest that Hillary has way more shit on her.

Of course though, people want to hold Trump against something he said 10 years ago. I guess I should judge someone presently on something they did years ago as well? What makes that right?

On the other hand, his campaign has made people think he's racist (No solid evidence) and that he's out for hate.

There are a few downsides I can see from his presidency. One is that you'll have racial tensions from the KKK. Two is that there will be violent, unnecessary protests from my fellow misinformed millennials. Three, is that he won't be able to make the American people feel good about being an American.

These are downsides but I think what he will bring to the table can outweigh the cons.

He wants to improve relations with Russia that may promote peace, whether that is good or bad is up to you.

He wants to bring back jobs so that everyone can prosper low income or high income.

He wants to improve our Economy which has numerous benefits ranging from Education - Military strength.

He wants unity for all people and for us to be a healthy nation again.

He wants to secure the nation so that we won't have to face more tragedies. Protecting Americans is a priority in his eyes.

These seem to be his core purpose for implementing the plans that is stated on his website.

Does he say some stupid things? Of course, but he admitted his mistakes already and even apologized for it. People have to realize though that being a politician wasn't his first job and so it's not like he knows how to manipulate the public like most politicians do. 

As long as he can be humble, promote peace, and get the job done for US then it's all that matters to me.

I care about Americans, everyone else is secondary unless need not be. No hard feelings, just an opinion.

• Like 5

Elections are nasty business. Politics is a nasty business. The press is in the " OMG the sky is falling" business. Certainly none of these facts are new, I mean shit- Aaron Burr shot and killed Alexander Hamilton over a Governors race more than 200 years ago. It's not really changed much since. The nastiness this time, simply went on longer than any other election cycle in US History. For the past 2 years, the World has been subjected to a constant stream of unparalleled political nastiness 24 hours a day. Couple that with an astonishing ability for both sides to spread very effective disinformation and it has made for some crazy shit. For example, my elderly mom called me the other day and asked me if I knew that Hillary Clinton had murdered 4 people......just like that, she had fell victim to some a**h**** Facebook click bait. My Mom is a smart lady, she had been a self employed business person for more than 40 years but that didn't stop her and many others in her generation from getting sucked into the bullshit. I set up her Facebook account so I could share my kids pictures, etc but I inadvertently created another link in the crazy chain.

I suspect Mr. Trump will have about 500 days of being President before the next election cycle begins. In the meantime, the Democrats would be best served developing a message that people can really get behind and be excited to vote for. If this election has shown us anything it's that no matter how qualified or unqualified the messenger - it's the message that wins elections.

( full disclosure - I voted for Gary Johnson. They wouldn't even allow him on to the debate stage - now that's rigged )

Edited by Kevlar
  • Like 1

I was shocked that Trump was our new President but I've grown to accept that it's not wrong to give him a chance.

I don't believe it's right to hype up the skeletons that he has in his closet. News flash, Trump is not perfect, NO president is perfect or ever will be.

Comparing the amount of skeletons that Trump has to Hillary, it's no contest that Hillary has way more shit on her.

Of course though, people want to hold Trump against something he said 10 years ago. I guess I should judge someone presently on something they did years ago as well? What makes that right?

On the other hand, his campaign has made people think he's racist (No solid evidence) and that he's out for hate.

There are a few downsides I can see from his presidency. One is that you'll have racial tensions from the KKK. Two is that there will be violent, unnecessary protests from my fellow misinformed millennials. Three, is that he won't be able to make the American people feel good about being an American.

These are downsides but I think what he will bring to the table can outweigh the cons.

He wants to improve relations with Russia that may promote peace, whether that is good or bad is up to you.

He wants to bring back jobs so that everyone can prosper low income or high income.

He wants to improve our Economy which has numerous benefits ranging from Education - Military strength.

He wants unity for all people and for us to be a healthy nation again.

He wants to secure the nation so that we won't have to face more tragedies. Protecting Americans is a priority in his eyes.

These seem to be his core purpose for implementing the plans that is stated on his website.

Does he say some stupid things? Of course, but he admitted his mistakes already and even apologized for it. People have to realize though that being a politician wasn't his first job and so it's not like he knows how to manipulate the public like most politicians do. 

As long as he can be humble, promote peace, and get the job done for US then it's all that matters to me.

I care about Americans, everyone else is secondary unless need not be. No hard feelings, just an opinion.

I agree with you for a large part, only we disagree on the solutions for the problems you just summed up. Everyone wants more jobs, everyone wants to improve the economy, unite people, secure the nation and promote peace. That's just empty words. It's how he will do it that interests me.

Honestly, I agreed with everything most things he said in his victory speech and that makes it a good speech. It means he really wants to be a president also for the people that didn't vote for him. But I just can't settle with an important leader who has an unfounded view on some of the most urgent issues of our time, for example global warming and the refugee/solidarity crisis.

All in all I want to say I'm really pleasantly surprised about how polite most of us if not all are having this discussion. Try and find a website where people are debating as patiently about this as we are here, you won't have much luck :)

Edited by Platonic
  • Like 4

true. he could be the lesser of two evils 

in my office at work yesterday, where we find employment for various skilled professionals in the Toronto and surrounding area, we had 8 phone calls and 18 emails with resumes from US citizens asking questions...a sign of things to come?

NO Canada should let me in first! XD

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

American trump refugees are welcome in The Netherlands :P

I voted for Trump, but if you got the bong filled, I'll be a reguee

• Like 2