The time for ET 2

Aniky

Heard rumors about it a while back but thought i'll believe it when it happens sort of thing.......tbh though IMHO the reason Enemy Territory is so good is the feel of the movement etc which is down to the engine, so i think if/when this one comes out it wont "feel" like ET as it would be made with a different engine.

Been waiting years for a decent "ET2" and i'm always disappointed by the results (ET quake wars, wolfenstein 1 and 2 etc).

Time will tell i suppose but i'll not get excited just to be let down by the end product, ET was never about the look but more the feel. Sooooo i'll believe it when i see it and then i'll believe it more when i play it and its as good feel wise as the original.

• Like 3

r/shittyHDR

who cares about graphics.nobody in 2019 is playing et for the graphics.

Anybody who joins the game in 2019/2020 because of the graphics is going to leave the game within a month,if not within the first hour of game.

From a little digging i did this seems like some nobodies (perhaps a single person) are using ET's name to promote a (most likely shitty) game,as he is saying he will charge for it and it will be a different game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, Cumquat said:

From a little digging i did this seems like some nobodies (perhaps a single person) are using ET's name to promote a (most likely shitty) game,as he is saying he will charge for it and it will be a different game.

All good, as long as this brings some new attention to the old game :D

• 100 1

nice thanks for the read.. ive seen this heard this few times over the yrs ..it would be nice to see this game revamped .but  i like it just the way it is..

• Platinum VIP
41 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

nice thanks for the read.. ive seen this heard this few times over the yrs ..it would be nice to see this game revamped .but  i like it just the way it is..

I dunno man, those graphics are pretty sweet, but what are those graphics going to do for lag, downloading, etc?

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I dunno man, those graphics are pretty sweet, but what are those graphics going to do for lag, downloading, etc?

Different engine different rules. 

• Like 1

Methinks someone stole my april fools joke :P
(But for real- if this is legit, this holds promise. Unfortunately, I see some sweetfx shaders....)

Edited by Xernicus

i feel like that is another story of Half Life, so many mods and developers try to revive games that have a fan base to this day... sadly they either get rushed and not have proper optimization for fps and general bugs, or just plainly stay as pictures on a post...
Would be nice to see a revived ET 2, but I really don't put much belief in these things :D I've been waiting for Half Life to finish for years... This could be just like it... :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

there is suppose to be a sort of remake called Legacy.

you can check it out yourself

https://www.etlegacy.com/

as far as i can tell its the same old just changed some sets , also console can be opened but you cannot type anything

kinda sucky remake of something that is allready been made better

Edited by Carnage0313

On 5/7/2019 at 4:47 AM, Carnage0313 said:

there is suppose to be a sort of remake called Legacy.

you can check it out yourself

https://www.etlegacy.com/

as far as i can tell its the same old just changed some sets , also console can be opened but you cannot type anything

kinda sucky remake of something that is allready been made better

ET legacy IS ET and not new in any way.

Legacy was created as an open source project to make ET more accessible, it allows greater compatibility over different platforms and is easier to fix any bugs etc whilst still being compatible with ET 2.60b.

One of the main ET:Legacy devs is IRATA who was also one of the main developers for the No quarter mods.

Enemy Territory: Legacy is an open source project based on the code of Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory which was released in 2010 under the terms of GPLv3license. The main goal of this project is to fix bugs, remove old dependencies and make it playable on all major operating systems while still remaining compatible with the ET 2.60b version and as many of its mods as possible

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 5:17 PM, Aniky said:

Apparently the day we have all been waiting is happening in the background without our notice, just today there was a post on crossfire about developement of Enemy Territory 2, which noone of us was aware, or only certain people, giving the fact that there's a preview of updated Supply graphics, it definitely looks promising and who knows, maybe this project will actually get to see the light one day. Not really having a lot of infos on the background of team working on it or any other infos, so i can only share of what was posted there. For more infos, visit their instagram profile or ask them over at youtube.

Crossfire topic about ET 2

ET2 Announcement Trailer

ET2 Instagram profile

53492068_313134196068782_244902533815940

54732092_2334294053513689_23163553670665

Anika ❤️

Ps. As good aa ET2 would be I csnt see it generating enough momentum to become a big game, so irll prob just be hardcore ET players only and most of that player base has moved on.

Although I'd still try it I couldn't see many new people trying it over cod for example.

Especially if they leave core gameplay like the current et.

• Love 1