ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

1 hour ago, PHNTM said:

We could at some point in the future re-add haunted mansion. Everyone knows how to play it and it's a good map to bring back when it's time to refresh the list. Same goes for Ghetto. - I'm not saying to add them now but these would be my recommendation for the next map list revision. 

Will add xmas ghetto and some other christmas maps more close to christmas.

1 hour ago, PHNTM said:

Is there any way we can sort out school's issues? @K3rmit you mentioned some FPS issues but could you be more specific please? Was this reported by a few people or was it more of a general issue? It's really sad we can't have it, we should try and work on bringing it back.

It's a general issue, dunno how to fix it 😕  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, K3rmit said:

It's a general issue, dunno how to fix it

Will find out with guys on EtPro disc server, when I find some time, maybe with Kimi or someone else to see wats the problem with school map, btw it is great map, will add infos here or send it to you Kerm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I talked with few people who know much better knowing of the maps so the theme was map School. 

We had problems with that map, cuz when it's full server on Beg2. 

I need to add that we have inspect the other's server's with that map, also to add that those server are located in EU (Poland, France, Germany). The problem is same, the lagometer show's on both sides (net and gameflow) lag's. 

So we get some potentional problems that may have cause it : the only thing that comes is that it's something related to entities or the map's script, or if the map's just really big and complicated with strange vis portals.

The map type is large and have open wide look on it in first stage to the main building, with one building on right side and bridge to the axis spawn.

Also in main building is lagging and lagometer again shows lag( ping on EU server mine is 5-10). Same thing in 3rd stage to truck is lagging. So maybe to try if there is some other script to see, we will something find, find out to reach it. Also : Bugs:
-possible errors when running with ETMAIN (problems with MG guns)
-possible viewing cracks in buildings (depends on your config)

Total Brushes : 6920
Total Entities : 955
Basicscript : from Goldrush

Cheer's✌️

• Like 3

Thanks guys for your effort once again. It's nice to have some new maps. It's good to have some good old familiar maps as well on the server, but new maps are sort of fresh change every once in the while. 👍

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I would love to see UJE - VIP in. Great big map with funny obj play, many routes. Best UJE map imo. I would consider replacing it for UJE- Ghetto since its a 30 mins map which almost never gets finished because of the spawn location near obj. 

[et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: UJE 01 VIP Beta 1

34 minutes ago, Cracker said:

I would love to see UJE - VIP in. Great big map with funny obj play, many routes. Best UJE map imo. I would consider replacing it for UJE- Ghetto since its a 30 mins map which almost never gets finished because of the spawn location near obj. 

[et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: UJE 01 VIP Beta 1

There is a Xmas version for this one? I think Ghetto was added cause it's a winter map 

• 100 1

8 minutes ago, DeKing said:

There is a Xmas version for this one? I think Ghetto was added cause it's a winter map 

I think there is not. And i know theres maps put in because of Xmas, but there can be non winter maps aswell right?:D We never have snow in the Netherlands either :x

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, rambozo37 said:

MAX_GAMESTATE_CHARS exceeded at the end of MLB temple xmas or while loading PureFrag

Everyone disconnected :( 

Replaced by Santas Grotto.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rambozo37 said:

@K3rmit

When you have time can we have the current maps list plz

Ofc, here you go.

14 minutes ago, Hitch said:

Yes please, I'd like to see the current map list too.

Is Caen still on there?

Some maps temporarily moved, I will add them back when Xmas is over.

xmasmaplist.JPG

Edited by K3rmit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please get rid of that map with the broken bridge and the windmill, can't remember its name. It's a beautiful looking map but it plays horribly. Too much empty space and not enough density for it to be a good ET map.

• Confused 1