49 minutes ago, Hitch said:

The map I'm referring to is Lays of Schwarzwald 

Also there's an issue with the school map, some areas are causing lag 

Both moved, thx for feedback bud :)

Maplist atm.

maps2.1.2021.JPG

• Like 1
  • Love 2

For Italy, there should be set some way more time until it can be voted for the next time. It's just way overplayed and with small amount of ppl, well it just sucks. Or maybe even replace it for some time...

• Like 3
  • 100 5

54 minutes ago, K3rmit said:

Both moved, thx for feedback bud :)

Maplist atm.

maps2.1.2021.JPG

Is there a way to fix the map issues in School? I really liked that map. It's a lot of fun.

12 minutes ago, RendeL said:

For Italy, there should be set some way more time until it can be voted for the next time. It's just way overplayed and with small amount of ppl, well it just sucks. Or maybe even replace it for some time...

Yes, I agree. I used to love Italy now I just hate it. It's not fun anymore.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Italy is a decent map, I have the same feelings about it, used to love it, now I play it but its not as fun. I think Bremen is the new Italy.

I don't mind playing the same rotation of maps with a sprinkling of new ones. I think the tough part is when a new map is introduced time is needed to learn just where things are, what the objective is, etc. Could we perhaps have a new map thread that has an overview of the map layout, objective, etc.? I think it would help get the maps to have some traction.

12 minutes ago, DarthMojo said:

Italy is a decent map, I have the same feelings about it, used to love it, now I play it but its not as fun. I think Bremen is the new Italy.

The problem isn't just Bremen, there's quite a few that are becoming increasingly overplayed. I think the time between map rotations needs to increase for a lot of these permanent maps, not just Italy.

There are a few exceptions I would say. Maps like special delivery, never get old no matter how many times they're played. I think the reason for this is how compact that map is and allies can win that one easily if the team is a well oiled machine.

On 1/2/2021 at 6:59 PM, Hitch said:

Is there a way to fix the map issues in School? I really liked that map. It's a lot of fun.

For this we would need some mapmaker. Map has potential really and is pretty simple.

1 hour ago, DarthMojo said:

I don't mind playing the same rotation of maps with a sprinkling of new ones. I think the tough part is when a new map is introduced time is needed to learn just where things are, what the objective is, etc. Could we perhaps have a new map thread that has an overview of the map layout, objective, etc.? I think it would help get the maps to have some traction.

Since we change maps quite often, this would go in "wasting my time" category. On my old clan we had similar stuff, but to have this also affective, ppl would need to come here to the forums. Not many regulars do.

I asked some help for setting some objective timelimits, like Capuzzo has. It's more like reading/learning process for me atm and IF I find motivation or time for this more, it'll still be trial and fail based.

But to learning this scripting would make many, many maps way more enjoyable. I'd like to take example for Italy, that if allies can't blow 2nd truck barrier within 15 min, the map would just end and axis win. We could set the whole map timelimit shorter already, but it'd be a real rush race for allies to be able to win. That ain't fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hitch said:

Maps like special delivery, never get old no matter how many times they're played. I think the reason for this is how compact that map is and allies can win that one easily if the team is a well oiled machine.

I have a feeling that's because its flat, easy to aim and have some open space even if its indoor. Same as Supply, Bremen, Italy, Capuzzo, Venice (outdoor).

For example - Battery is must remove map. V2 base is good to play till indoor phase - too little space for every body.

• Like 1

• Leader
2 hours ago, Hitch said:

I think the time between map rotations needs to increase for a lot of these permanent maps, not just Italy.

If we do this say bye bye to many regulars. People wants to play their favorite/popular maps that's why they are overplayed and massively voted for. I am taking Italy as an example, yes many leaves cuz it over played but if you stay you will see many times from middle to near the end of the map the server is back almost full. Same thing for the most shitty/garbage map ever crappuzo. Many leaves but eventually it gets back full...

Just recently for another server i asked questions to few regulars and even members as of why the server got less popular. They all told me the same, "we don't mind new maps but not at the expense of popular ones. Playing a new map here and there ok but not being forced to play a few in a row... i tend to disconnect and/or go somewhere else". At that time Some popular maps were taken out and way to many new ones were put in. I think this is good for any server.

So basically:

- If popular maps are taken away = lose players

- If to many new maps = lose players

- After popular maps are played if it takes to long to get popular ones back on the voting cycle and have to play many new maps in between = lose players

Need to find just the right balance in all this. Not easy to do

Edited by rambozo37
  • 100 3

25 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

If we do this say bye bye to many regulars. People wants to play their favorite/popular maps that's why they are overplayed and massively voted for. I am taking Italy as an example, yes many leaves cuz it over played but if you stay you will see many times from middle to near the end of the map the server is back almost full. Same thing for the most shitty/garbage map ever crappuzo. Many leaves but eventually it gets back full...

Just recently for another server i asked questions to few regulars and even members as of why the server got less popular. They all told me the same, "we don't mind new maps but not at the expense of popular ones. Playing a new map here and there ok but not being forced to play a few in a row... i tend to disconnect and/or go somewhere else". At that time Some popular maps were taken out and way to many new ones were put in. I think this is good for any server.

So basically:

- If popular maps are taken away = lose players

- If to many new maps = lose players

- After popular maps are played if it takes to long to get popular ones back on the voting cycle and have to play many new maps in between = lose players

Need to find just the right balance in all this. Not easy to do

I agree not easy to do but sometimes it's just frustrating and can get boring. It's why I end up sitting in spec. Like Beer Run and Caen are amazing maps but they don't get voted as much.

• 100 1

• Leader
6 minutes ago, Hitch said:

I agree not easy to do but sometimes it's just frustrating and can get boring. It's why I end up sitting in spec. Like Beer Run and Caen are amazing maps but they don't get voted as much.

i know i feel the same :(  

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

I'd like to take example for Italy, that if allies can't blow 2nd truck barrier within 15 min, the map would just end and axis win. We could set the whole map timelimit shorter already, but it'd be a real rush race for allies to be able to win. That ain't fun.

I think this can be done relatively easily. We can just set the timelimit to 15 mins, then add 15 mins on once the barrier is passed.

It can be done via just the map script so no new .pk3 or download is needed. I can try to get a script together this week if it would be of use. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, BlackWolf said:

I think this can be done relatively easily. We can just set the timelimit to 15 mins, then add 15 mins on once the barrier is passed.

It can be done via just the map script so no new .pk3 or download is needed. I can try to get a script together this week if it would be of use. 

Yes map script is what I am talking about. I never done such for this purpose and today I asked a map maker where is this timelit thing located. So please send me the file if you do it, so I can take example from there. Always easier that way to have something to work with, than start from a scratch.

50 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Yes map script is what I am talking about. I never done such for this purpose and today I asked a map maker where is this timelit thing located. So please send me the file if you do it, so I can take example from there. Always easier that way to have something to work with, than start from a scratch.

Sent 👍

• Thanks 1