ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

Since the player slots were dropped to 46 I haven't experienced any crashes. Out of curiosity has anyone else experienced any in the last day or so?

Fuel dump didn't crash last time either, maybe could leave if it's ok now?

I think UJE any version is big enough for large numbers.

• Like 2

• Leader
1 hour ago, RendeL said:

I'd like to remove fueldump as it is issue and overplayed too.

Since the number of players was reduce I haven't seen any issues. Also fueldump is one of the most popular map like goldrush, venice and oasis. Removing one of those maps would be an error IMO. Unless we can use a different version

I love this map but not sure how it will do in B2

bba0-beta2 (castle ctf)

https://www.wolffiles.de/index.php?filebase&fid=202

And the fix

https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1861-bba0-beta2_patch-fixed-v2/

I would suggest a few more but I am not sure if we already have them. Can we have a list of currently live maps plz?

Nevermind I saw the list posted just a week ago. I'll check to find new ones

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 3

Remove:

•  Et_beach, Allies bots camping on beach..
  • Praetoria_m2, Not voted much..
  • Fueldump, Goes laggy and may crash when server is full..

Add:

• Riverwar_V2 
  • adlerhorst_final

• mlb_bergheim_09                                                    
Edited by K3rmit
  • Like 7

Good suggestions @K3rmit! I suggest we only make Fueldump available in votelist in case there are people less than x playing on server.

That way we also prevent that Fueldump makes the server crash. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@K3rmit I removed the z_bba0-beta2_patch.pk3 from server. since it's just server side mapscript patch and added to mapscript folder. Thank you for new maps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw something weird tonight with the BOTs on the new Siwa Oasis TE on Beg2.

After the wall is breached by Allies, the Axis BOTs continued to try and capture the flag (which no longer existed since the wall was breached).

I don't know if it's a known issue or if there is something I don't understand, but I think we should update some of the way points of those BOTs.

@K3rmit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cross Marian said:

I saw something weird tonight with the BOTs on the new Siwa Oasis TE on Beg2.

After the wall is breached by Allies, the Axis BOTs continued to try and capture the flag (which no longer existed since the wall was breached).

I don't know if it's a known issue or if there is something I don't understand, but I think we should update some of the way points of those BOTs.

@K3rmit

Yes it's a known issue.

@K3rmit get F|A Oasis on beginners2! :spank

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

@K3rmit

Gonna check them later today, thx :)

4 hours ago, Smileyyy said:

@K3rmit get F|A Oasis on beginners2! :spank

Will do.. I tested it already on test server and it looks awesome, amazing job again :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could we have few new maps now that this selection has been there for some time? 

I'd like to see these maps: Baserace (night version best), Haunted Mansion, Adlernest,  Tramfight, Marrakech, and of course FA Oasis. Maybe Adlerhorst and Bergheim that Kermit suggested above. The server tends to have quite a small amount of votable maps compared to other servers. Why is that? I don't think it's because of player amount adjustments. Usually Silent1 has like three to four times more votable maps. If some maps were to be removed, I'd take off all three 1944 maps and River War. Something I have wanted to see for a long time is the ability to have the same map played as a stopwatch game (switch sides, beat the clock). Could that be voted, too? I guess it isn't possible, but would be so nice.

• Like 2
  • 100 1