ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

• 2 weeks later...

I need couple of maps, need to replace lotr maps as ppl dont seem to like those.

I'll take a look at that ghetto, there is normal version too.

And will send DD pm to exclude the small maps from full server once I get new maps.

Edited by RendeL
  • Like 1

what do you think about these maps?

MLB Egypt Final -https://et.trackbase.net/map/162/

Bridges Final-https://et.trackbase.net/map/343/

Frost Final- https://et.trackbase.net/map/272/

Sniper Ruines Beta 1-https://et.trackbase.net/map/496/ 

• Like 2

How about a bigger map overhaul?

Replacements:

Siwa Oasis → Siwa Oasis SW (Beta 3)

Gold Rush Gals → SW GR TE final

Supply Depot 2 → Supply Depot 3 (winter theme!)

Radar → the one Radar version someone suggested above

Add:

Ghetto (non)Xmas

Adlernest final

Communique (Base)

Amsterdam (UJE) final

Raiders final

Tramfight

ET Assault (Beta 4)

Baserace daytime (easier to shoot adre supermen and -women)

Delete:

Fueldump (or make more balanced by adding spawn time, deleting dump axis spawn)

River Port

MLB Daybreak

Karsiah

Battery (ppl cant play this well on the server..)

Minas Tirith

FA Temple

Stalingrad – the worst ET map I've ever encountered

Edited by Ellen
  • Like 4
  • 100 1

Thanks for the suggestions!

I will put on my map testing pants during the weekend and add some new ones. Also will then look on the excluded maps depending which to add first.

@Ellen I try to keep the new maps within just couple at a time, because adding too many maps that ppl do not know and they might leave for it.

• Like 1
  • 100 3

On 1/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, Ellen said:

Add:

Ghetto (non)Xmas

Adlernest final

Communique (Base)

Amsterdam (UJE) final

Raiders final

Tramfight

Baserace daytime (easier to shoot adre supermen and -women)

Delete:

Fueldump (or make more balanced by adding spawn time, deleting dump axis spawn)

River Port

MLB Daybreak

Karsiah

Battery (ppl cant play this well on the server..)

Minas Tirith

FA Temple

Stalingrad – the worst ET map I've ever encountered

Thanks Ellen for replying. About tramfight - I think we had it and everyone was confused, even the bots xD Big map, 90%(me as well) of people don't know what to, where to go and we were wasting 20 or 30 minutes on just jumping over the map. I agree with Ghetto, Xmas version was quite entertaining for players so this, I hope, will be even more! Also I agree with Baserace, it's been a while and I know a lot of guys like to play it.

About delete part: Stalingrad is fine for most, I haven't seen anyone complaining about it but I might be missing something, ppl enjoy it, I really don't know why do you think that :(

I would delete Minas, we're loosing a lot of guys when that map comes :D I mean like 50% sometimes :D also Battery, it's one big mess there so...

ADD:

Ghetto https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/44-the-ghetto-uje_the_ghetto_b6pk3/

Baserace https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/46-baserace-desert-baserace_desertpk3/ I couldn't find any other baserace in daylight

DELETE:

Minas Tirith

Battery

• Like 3
  • 100 2

• Leader

In:

- Ghetto non-xmas, the xmas version was popular so why not try the non xmas

- Adlernest, one of my all time favorites 

- Baserace, always fun to play

Out:

- Minas, the worst map ever and we lose players each time it comes up

- Any MLB maps... to me they are all bad

- Battery, I agree with @Ellen and @notellenPage about this one. 

• Like 3
  • 100 1

Removed:

Minas

Password

Reactor

Added:

1944_huertgen

Return to radar

Ghetto

td: excluded maps, will remove battery, radar, railgun

//EDIT: just noticed that we need couple of large maps to play for 32+ ppl. I made the excluded maps list and atm reasonable maps for 32+/full server are just 5-6. I need links to maps also and no sniper maps.

That list is not final yet, as we need to have maps more balanced to serve the now very busy server b2 has become. So yeah a bigger overhauling is need after all.

Excluded maps here, I have tested and used common sense on what map would be good to what player count. Even if some maps are big, then there is small places and if 32+ ppl are on that same area, it is a chaos and possible lags, based on the tests/gameplay. This wont be the final list, as need to add/remove some maps, first goes daybreak, but you get the point what I and DD need to do here other than just test/add/remove maps:

Spoiler

[players 0-15]
set g_excludedMaps ":railgun:goldrush:battery:mlb_daybreak:capuzzo:eagles_2ways_b3:fueldump:fa_italy_b3_fixed:fa_temple:goldrush_gals:kerkyra_b1:teuthonia_final:venice_ne4:"
[players 16-31]
set g_excludedMaps ":railgun:goldrush:battery:eagles_2ways_b3:mlb_daybreak:frostbite:fragmaze_fixed:sp_delivery_te:supplydepot2:tc_base:v2base_te:pirates:"
[players 32-64]
set g_excludedMaps ":railgun:goldrush:battery:dubrovnik_final_1104:et_beach:et_ice:frostbite:fragmaze_fixed:destruction_final:karsiah_te2:kerkyra_b1:rochelle_b2:rttr_b2:sp_delivery_te:stalingrad:supplydepot2:tc_base:teuthonia_final:UJE_the_ghetto_b6:v2base_te:1944_huertgen:et_mor2_night_final:caen2:breakout_et_b2:bremen_final_fix:snatch3_fixed:pirates:"
[/players]

Edited by RendeL
typooooo
  • Like 5

We had Hydro Dam - nice map, big one but from the other side objective players finds it annoying because it's almost impossible to get that obj done.

I would go for Warbell and Industry 2 final.

We have Marrakech on Beg#2 and those maps are quite similar, maybe we could exchange Marrakech by night for Operation Marrakech?

P.S. Am i the only one who's getting info about trojan when I'm trying to download the maps from @rambozo37's links?

Edited by notellenPage
post scriptum
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP

I totally agree with Warbell and Industry 2 final

Plus I'd like to add that the other goldrush map was more interesting as axis had the possibilty to exit the respawn point by climbing in the building right at the respawn. Could this goldrush version becomes the standard goldrush map?

• Like 2