ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

On 9/20/2019 at 11:00 PM, RendeL said:

I think it is time for some new maps.

Suggestions please, make it 1 map off, 1 map on etc. I try to figure something also.

@K3rmit@ShaDoW1@Cross Marian@notellenPage@Basalisk@Hesis

I gather some maps tomorrow as I have day off

Away 

• Egypt (this map needs to strongly favor axis in the beginning otherwise they will be slaughtered but if they can pass the beginning then the rest will be a piece of cake for them)

Add

• Temple
  • Frostbite
  • Like 4

On 9/20/2019 at 11:00 PM, RendeL said:

I think it is time for some new maps.

Suggestions please, make it 1 map off, 1 map on etc. I try to figure something also.

Away :

- Village

- Industry

Add :

- Millenium Falcon

- Frostbite

Regarding Frostibe, it's one of my favorite maps, but really hard to play it when it's 10vs10.

@RendeL : I don't think it's possible because I've never heard of it, but is there a way to set a different number of BOTs depending on the map?

I know that we don't want to reduce the number of BOTs on BE2 (for reasons explained elsewhere on the forum), but would it be possible to do it only in specific maps? (such as Frostbite or Aldernest).

@Hesis : Temple was already requested, but it was bugging. Smiley was working on it to resolve the bugs, but I don't know if it's finished. I hope, because it would be a good map for the server imo.

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cross Marian said:

@RendeL : I don't think it's possible because I've never heard of it, but is there a way to set a different number of BOTs depending on the map?

I know that we don't want to reduce the number of BOTs on BE2 (for reasons explained elsewhere on the forum), but would it be possible to do it only in specific maps? (such as Frostbite or Aldernest).

@Hesis : Temple was already requested, but it was bugging. Smiley was working on it to resolve the bugs, but I don't know if it's finished. I hope, because it would be a good map for the server imo.

Well as you said, we have talked about the bots, we'll see about that.

And there is now FA Temple added already, also a fixed version of egypt.

Keep the suggestions coming, more than one map, I ment originally to take 1 off and add 1, then 1 off, 1 in....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

delete - one of the following : Glider/Hydro Dam V2/Heart of Gold (b12_dt)

add - one of the following: Cathedral (final)/Reactor (Final)/UJE Final (My favourite map)

Also is there a list of playable maps that can be added to BG2 or can any ET maps be added? if not I use this link http://activegamer.net/et/maps/

Please edit and delete this link if not allowed (apologies in advance) 😀

Edited by Basalisk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Basalisk said:

Also is there a list of playable maps that can be added to BG2 or can any ET maps be added?

If a map has waypoints, it is usually good, tho some maps are bugged or causes crashes, so we'll see about those before adding.

But here is also some list to have a clue:

Ok so here's my suggestion based on yours so far:

Remove

• Industry
  • Heart of gold
  • Railgun
  • Village

Add

• Frostbite
  • Fragmaze with TDM
  • Library
  • Karsiah_te

If it is possible to remove flame and panzer, then a map like reactor would be nice. Just that on small maps the flamers ruins the fun (ex sp_delivery).

Also not too many new maps is not good, as ppl may not know those and takes time to get used.

@daredevil

Edited by RendeL
added map list
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 9/24/2019 at 5:43 AM, RendeL said:

Remove

• Industry
  • Heart of gold
  • Railgun
  • Village

Done  - Village is which map ? pk3 name ? I wasn't able to find it. :(

On 9/24/2019 at 5:43 AM, RendeL said:
  • Frostbite
  • Fragmaze with TDM
  • Library
  • Karsiah_te

Karsiah is very small map like 12 player map so besides that i added others.  Fragmaze pending waypoints. Rest 2 added. 

• Thanks 2

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, RendeL said:

Haha I think Village isn't there anymore. My bad I quess, but instead hydro_dam could be removed.

Done.

• Thanks 1

Waypoints are simple navs, No airstrikes called or anything...

I don't see how TeamDeathMatch would be different waypoints.

Edited by Buckwild
add
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ladies and gentleman, we need new maps.

Lets keep it simple and not add too many new ones.

4 out

4 in

Suggestions please @Platonic@K3rmit@JOHNNY008@Cross Marian@ShaDoW1@notellenPage@Bekantan@Orangutan@Komodo@Basalisk

I hope I didn't forget anyone from the "base" group. Pls remind me if I did!

I already gave list of maps to add to @daredevil which I have tested, but I need your input here.

For me maps that could go:

Bridges - too hard for obj

Saberpeak - not played much lately

MLB Daybreak - too long and has a bad bottleneck = easy to defend

Glider - lags badly and hard obj for open space in the start and in the end

P.S.

Spoiler

One year ago there was me, K3rmit and Johnny, Year from that there was me and Johnny. Look at this impressive list now :) Guys you rock!!!

B2 server atm, with gameday on (#2 btw atm) and Saturday evening prime time, is #6 @TB!

I ******* love you :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1