ET Server Suggestion Beginners #2 - Map suggestions

la7ette

Hello hello, 

I agree with letting go of Bridges, Glider and Saberpeak.

But personally, I would keep MLB Daybreak >> sure, the keycard at the end is a bit of a bottleneck, but the map gets voted quite often. And it’s a huge map, good for when there are a lot of players online.

I would take out haunted house as well. Not played for a while as far as I know. 

For the additional maps, I’ll think it through and come back with an update, or maybe the others have good ideas ^_^ 

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, RendeL said:

For me maps that could go:

Bridges - too hard for obj

Saberpeak - not played much lately

MLB Daybreak - too long and has a bad bottleneck = easy to defend

Glider - lags badly and hard obj for open space in the start and in the end

I don't agree with Bridges, maybe it's because I really like that map. It is hard, but also brings a lot of fun for both teams IMO, also I'd keep Daybreak - huge map, it gets voted quite often like @Cross Marian said. With the rest of them I can agree, Glider must go - I haven't heard anyone saying he/she enjoys playing that map. And about maps to add... I will have to take a look, I don't know too many maps, but if I'll find any proposals I will post them here.

Summary:
Brigdes, MLB Daybreak - stay

Glider, Saberpeak + Haunted House - go

Edited by notellenPage
  • Like 2

• Platinum VIP

Out

• Glider
  • Saberpeak : it doesnt offer interesting game for both teams.
  • Library (nobody knows/enjoy that map)
  • Preatoria (not played often, I don't think it's enjoyed by players)

In

• Ice : It will bring as many good memories as Frostbite. It's a very enjoyable map for both ally and axis.
  • paris bastille
  • Cathedral
  • Reactor
  • Like 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Hesis said:
  • Ice : It will bring as many good memories as Frostbite. It's a very enjoyable map for both ally and axis.
  •  

Added

• Cathedral
  •  

Added

• Glider
  • Saberpeak : it doesnt offer interesting game for both teams.
  • Library (nobody knows/enjoy that map)
  • Preatoria (not played often, I don't think it's enjoyed by players)

All nuked.

12 hours ago, Ins4ne said:
  • Haunted Mansion

Nuked

On 10/28/2019 at 12:56 AM, K3rmit said:
  • Fragmaze with TDM  
  •  

Have u tried that map? I personally didn't like it when i just tested it.. so want to make sure, u tested it. if u liked it, i can add it up for a change and see how it goes. Please confirm. 

I have added all common suggested maps overall. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think you might want to consider using a mix of voted maps and cycled maps. People tend to choose the same maps, and a big reason for that is they don't know/remember more eccentric maps too well. Great, competitive maps I'd like to see played more are:

Frostbite (maybe the greatest ET map ever after the regular ones!)

V2 Base TE

C2 Missile B3

Snatch3 (fixed)

Praetoria:Mission 2 was quite OK. It could be brought back some day.

Also: Could there be a !nextmap voting function? Votes were used all the time ten - fifteen years ago in ET. Great choice instead of having ppl leave or go spec for less interesting maps. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, daredevil said:

Have u tried that map? I personally didn't like it when i just tested it.. so want to make sure, u tested it. if u liked it, i can add it up for a change and see how it goes. Please confirm. 

We had it on Beg2 when there was gameday and ppls really liked it.. We definitely should try it with TDM imo. There are lot of ppls who don't do objs, just frag and I think there should be at least one map what is pure fragging..

Which one?

breakout_371.pk3

breakout2_140.pk3

breakout_et_b2.pk3

I can't remember correct version what we played years ago.. All i can remember it was fun :) 

Edited by K3rmit
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

Frostbite (maybe the greatest ET map ever after the regular ones!)

V2 Base TE

C2 Missile B3

Snatch3 (fixed)

they are all on the server list, the only thing we can do is to vote for them ;)

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

Also: Could there be a !nextmap voting function?

There is a function like that, admins can start that vote but we usually don't.

10 hours ago, daredevil said:

Have u tried that map? I personally didn't like it when i just tested it.

I can agree with what Kermit said about it, we definitely should have this one. It might a nice relax for those who play obj all the time and "die" all the time, that might be a chance to frag more and don't worry if they lose or not.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ellen said:

I think you might want to consider using a mix of voted maps and cycled maps. People tend to choose the same maps, and a big reason for that is they don't know/remember more eccentric maps too well.

The reason for new maps is the change for a boring long term cycle of same maps. That makes more ppl leave than new in a long run. Ppl should even try to learn some new stuff and usually maps are not too hard to figure out. Other thing is for those who dont want to even learn basic gear they have, which is command map.

5 hours ago, Ellen said:

Also: Could there be a !nextmap voting function? Votes were used all the time ten - fifteen years ago in ET. Great choice instead of having ppl leave or go spec for less interesting maps. 

It was removed due to reason ppl always call votes if they can, either for trolling or just that they dont want to play certain maps. We cant please them all, but we will not take bs either, hence removed the voting due to abuse.

• Like 4

About !nextmap vote calling: Could be a good idea if players with a certain level (3 and above, maybe?) had the ability to call votes. Also, not relating to maps, they might be able to call: mute player x for y minutes, shuffle with restart, shuffle no restart and kick player x. Limiting votes this way you can avoid vote spam. One thing I remember from old time ET is how annoying those troll votes were. Nobody wants them back.

5 minutes ago, Ellen said:

About !nextmap vote calling: Could be a good idea if players with a certain level (3 and above, maybe?) had the ability to call votes. Also, not relating to maps, they might be able to call: mute player x for y minutes, shuffle with restart, shuffle no restart and kick player x. Limiting votes this way you can avoid vote spam. One thing I remember from old time ET is how annoying those troll votes were. Nobody wants them back.

This is not the place to discuse such things, here we talk about map suggestions. I suggest to start a new topic in https://fearless-assassins.com/forum/49-et-suggestion/ and there we can start talking about Your ideas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I think the !nextmap vote for certain admin levels could be up for debates. Even though, if a map was voted, it was elected democratically (unless some people forgot to vote).

However, regarding the vote for !mute or !kick, i'm against it. We have admins for that if needed.

Also, you have the !adminhelp (or !calladmin) command which sends a message on Discord if no admin is on the server when a player is acting up. An admin will then connect on the server and deal with the problem ^_^

@notellenPage : agreed 👍

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 4
  • 100 1