ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

On 5/13/2020 at 2:36 PM, Cracker said:

Agreed pretty much with Siwex, althought i'd love to see some more oldschool (preferebly big) maps in.

Suggestions in: 

- MLB Temple

- Bergen

- ET_Ice

-ET_village

- Password 2

- Rommel

- Reactor

- Transmitter

- Eagles 2 ways (Epic map around Xmas time)

OUT:

- Battery

- Baserace

- Radar

Im with Cracker on this one be nice to see some different maps on rotation as the same gets voted 4-5 maps in 

@Fighter?!

Daybreak was disabled as it kept crashing the server for reasons unknown.

Some of the larger maps like castleattack etc are in the rotation but wont be seen if the player numbers are lower than what each map is set for. Player numbers on the current rotation were put in place at the start of Covid lock downs when we were having a much larger player base than normal so the numbers for each map to show on the vote were quite high on the larger maps.

4 maps should have been removed when Hotchkiss, Kerkyra, supply pro and FA_ egypt were added to the server, however dare has been very busy the last few weeks so only really had to time to add maps to the server and no time to take off (flame-guard, Castleattack_b5, mlb_daybreak and normal supply).

I'll revise player numbers over the next day or two and swap out some (another 4-5) of the current rotation with some of those in your latest suggestion and pass them to @daredevil.

Due to space limitations though we can only really swap out say 3-5 at a time. I will also ask dare to up the map vote to maybe 12 maps before the same map is seen in the vote again, meaning once a map is played it wont show for at least another 12 votes........this should in theory allow or force other maps to be played as the one just played wont/shouldn't show in the vote for a good few more votes sort of thing. 

Give me till Monday at the latest by which time more maps should show in the vote as i'll revise the player numbers and newer ones should have been upped etc.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2020 at 6:02 PM, Snuffs99 said:

@Fighter?!

Daybreak was disabled as it kept crashing the server for reasons unknown.

Some of the larger maps like castleattack etc are in the rotation but wont be seen if the player numbers are lower than what each map is set for. Player numbers on the current rotation were put in place at the start of Covid lock downs when we were having a much larger player base than normal so the numbers for each map to show on the vote were quite high on the larger maps.

4 maps should have been removed when Hotchkiss, Kerkyra, supply pro and FA_ egypt were added to the server, however dare has been very busy the last few weeks so only really had to time to add maps to the server and no time to take off (flame-guard, Castleattack_b5, mlb_daybreak and normal supply).

I'll revise player numbers over the next day or two and swap out some (another 4-5) of the current rotation with some of those in your latest suggestion and pass them to @daredevil.

Due to space limitations though we can only really swap out say 3-5 at a time. I will also ask dare to up the map vote to maybe 12 maps before the same map is seen in the vote again, meaning once a map is played it wont show for at least another 12 votes........this should in theory allow or force other maps to be played as the one just played wont/shouldn't show in the vote for a good few more votes sort of thing. 

Give me till Monday at the latest by which time more maps should show in the vote as i'll revise the player numbers and newer ones should have been upped etc.

First of all thanks for your work mate! :)

I knew the stuff with amount of players but, if you setted them higher then usual it will explain why they are not shown for me when i am in game.

I tried to take care of other suggestions posts too, also i case of my expierence on server, maybe you will find other good maps from Cracker or Siwex which you think they are quite good :)

I appreciate your work :)

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fighter?! said:

First of all thanks for your work mate! :)

I knew the stuff with amount of players but, if you setted them higher then usual it will explain why they are not shown for me when i am in game.

I tried to take care of other suggestions posts too, also i case of my expierence on server, maybe you will find other good maps from Cracker or Siwex which you think they are quite good :)

I appreciate your work :)

More than happy to help with NQ1 mate as its where i play the most.

Like yourself and many others i also want it to be the best it can be while accommodating as many setting and map suggestions from members and players as possible. 

I'm working with @daredevil to try and get things done and trying to figure ways of also taking some of the work load off him, he is really, really busy work wise and although he says he doesn't mind my constant pressure the last thing he needs is me constantly on at him, i can be like a kid on a long journey at times with the are "we there yet" every 5 min. :D

Please bare with us, we will swap maps out asap. We think we have a way to make things move a bit quicker regarding changes to NQ1 so as soon as things are in place and maps are swapped out i'll update you and everyone else here in this thread.

Again things are changing so as always thanks to yourself and everyone else for the patience and suggestions, they are appreciated and listened to.

;)

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 2

A few maps have been added, i've only swapped a few out as too much change at once can be damaging to a playerbase.

Current rotation (31/07/2020)

maplist.jpg

I'll swap out a few maps every 2-3 weeks so keep suggestions coming, Whilst i cant put every map suggested on the server i'll try and accommodate where possible. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fighter?! said:

Thank you very much :)

Would love you if you could add v2 Factory. Maybe take out praetora or Warbell. not sure 😕

I've tried to keep the core maps that are played the most and removed the ones that were either constantly overplayed, never played or simply just disliked by a lot of people. lol

Will see about swapping it with something next time round. Hotch, eagles and dubrov are being played regular even though they only been on a few days so thats good to see.......if the others are not doing well by next swap out i may swap it with one of those. ;)

• Like 1

Hi all, there was a map where you went into a house/mansion and stole the objective.

After that the common way to transport it was to jump from a bar a long way down into the ocean.

Do you maybe know it and remember the name?

thx

xoxo

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Karla said:

Hi all, there was a map where you went into a house/mansion and stole the objective.

After that the common way to transport it was to jump from a bar a long way down into the ocean.

thx

xoxo

Ohhh I have a vague idea which map you mean, allies start off on a beach from metal boat and have to capture the flag in a barrack surrounded by a wooden fence, then blow the main gate and go left to the mansion?? that the one you mean? Cant remember the name but maybe someone else can.

Edited by Snuffs99

5 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Ohhh I have a vague idea which map you mean, allies start off on a beach from metal boat and have to capture the flag in a barrack surrounded by a wooden fence, then blow the main gate and go left to the mansion?? that the one you mean? Cant remember the name but maybe someone else can.

Hey S!m, yeah exactly I'm pretty sure this is the one I mean! haven't played it for ages and would really enjoy it to be in the rotation for some time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karla said:

thx

xoxo

5 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I know the map too! I believe it's called 1944 Beach Final.  http://activegamer.net/et/map/22-1944_Beach_(Final).html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yep, thats the one dun, thanks my friend.

I think ikt would have to be limited to single jump mind otherwise it would be very easy for allies to jump over the wall at the start.

@Karla

I'll put it on my list of swap outs and will try fit it in when possible. ;)

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I know the map too! I believe it's called 1944 Beach Final.  http://activegamer.net/et/map/22-1944_Beach_(Final).html

THX DUN ! :D

Starting at 3:00 you can see it. It's fun for snipers and would be a nice size for the average amount of players on NQ1.

Maybe you can take it into consideration?

xoxo

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

On 8/2/2020 at 6:04 PM, Snuffs99 said:

constantly overplayed

Does it mean "most popular"? No offence but I still read comments from the same ppl about maps being boring and played again and again etc. and about "huge amount" of players who want to remove this and that map (favourite argument of BigBro for example) and when it comes to vote - new maps are getting one or 2 votes MAX (that usually means 1 or 2 players) while "oldies but goldies" are  smashing new maps by miles. So where are all those "unhappy" players when it comes to map choice? Or am I just missing something?? Same with guys crying for setting changes. They're gone or playing on Silent etc. now. And I'm sure S!mple knows what I am talking about as you mentioned this before. Putting effort in as "many ppl" want and call for changes and then nobody goes for it. Maybe - have you got any log file with votes maybe? To see total amount of votes per day for example to get real numbers per map? Cos this way of "forcing" to play new maps doesn't work with me (i believe not just with me) and when it comes to some random new map (not very often) I usually go to other server or disconnecting.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Ford (Cz) said:

Does it mean "most popular"? No offence but I still read comments from the same ppl about maps being boring and played again and again etc. and about "huge amount" of players who want to remove this and that map (favourite argument of BigBro for example) and when it comes to vote - new maps are getting one or 2 votes MAX (that usually means 1 or 2 players) while "oldies but goldies" are  smashing new maps by miles. So where are all those "unhappy" players when it comes to map choice? Or am I just missing something?? Same with guys crying for setting changes. They're gone or playing on Silent etc. now. And I'm sure S!mple knows what I am talking about as you mentioned this before. Putting effort in as "many ppl" want and call for changes and then nobody goes for it. Maybe - have you got any log file with votes maybe? To see total amount of votes per day for example to get real numbers per map? Cos this way of "forcing" to play new maps doesn't work with me (i believe not just with me) and when it comes to some random new map (not very often) I usually go to other server or disconnecting.

OK.

Of the 5 maps that were swapped out 11 days ago the only one that was "popular" and a requested removal by a few (5+regs) was Marrakesh. It will however be replaced with a slightly different version next swap out. 

The other 4 that were removed you and 99% on the server didn't even know they were even on the server, they either never showed or were only ever played a few times (less than 10) in all the months they were on.

You can find a list of maps with player stats, disconnects per map etc etc etc here

https://fearless-assassins.com/et_stats/nq1/index.php?do=maps

Of the 5 maps that were put on 11 days ago 4 of the 5 have been played (of which 3 regularly......hotch, eagles and dubrovnik have all been played 38-58 times in 11 days so they are clearly being played on top of the core maps that have not gone anywhere.

The core maps that everyone plays/ed on NQ1 are still on the server and afaik daredevil has removed all player numbers so all maps are now shown in the votes with 12 votes between each map showing again once its been played......

That gives a min of at least 10-15 maps per vote to choose from including most of the core maps each vote so the maps most played are still shown in the vote(s).

Now that aside please read.

I really am always willing and happy to listen and i'll always do what i can to make it fun for as many players as possible but when you come with comments like "where are the unhappy players" and "forcing to play new maps" and the usual "its not only me" and "i go elsewhere" i find it hard to care and it angers me tbh mate.

So to address:

"The unhappy players" are in this thread along with those i've spoken to in game or in discord who have bothered to talk to me directly and ask questions and give their opinions on maps etc.

"forcing to play new maps" Its a vote system, i'm not forcing you to play anything, again the maps that were removed bar marrakesh had never been played, you cant possibly have missed them.

"Not just with me" So tell those who whine to you to come and speak to me, i'm not hard to find and quite franky have way more ability in sorting their problem(s) on NQ than you so why they complain to you just baffles me tbh.

"i go elsewhere" that is your right to do so, i myself do to now and again.

I have always gone way above and beyond to sort problems out on NQ for my fellow players, as you well know. I'm not an FA member or staff etc yet I spent days of my life nagging @daredevil (till 4-5am some days) to fix the problem with panzers and flamer for you, i didn't let it rest until it was all working as it should be and you were happy.

I did the same with rifle nades and arty etc, Dare and i worked hard to get it right for as many players as we could. We haven't had any complaints since so i take that as mission accomplished.

If you want something changing or don't like a change then by all means come and voice that opinion or complaint and i will honestly listen and where possible go above and beyond.....in this case though your post is ill informed, nothing in it relates what so ever to the recent map changes on NQ1 as other than marrakesh the other maps removed had not been played or even known about. The only change on NQ1 is there are now more maps to choose each vote but the votes do include most of the "normal" and popular maps for NQ1. 

• Like 4
  • 100 2