ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

Hey mate ne again :) 

Got asked if we could add purefrag for Baserace

also if we could add 1944 beach and falcon.

Just saw that 1944 Beach got rotated out of the Rotation. 

I would like to see the following map :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fighter?! said:

Hey mate ne again :) 

Got asked if we could add purefrag for Baserace

also if we could add 1944 beach and falcon.

Just saw that 1944 Beach got rotated out of the Rotation. 

I would like to see the following map :)

1944 Beach is still in the rotation mate, it just wont show atm in the vote until 27+ players are actively playing. 

I've spoke to Mr @daredevil and he is happy to reduce the player numbers per of the player groups so it should show along with 2tanks, marrakesh and kerkyra around the 24 player, once the groups are put to new player level settings. ;)

Been quite busy of late so not been around much, should be more visible on NQ1 the next weeks or so though so will go through maps.

Purefrag-baserace wise?? the following are perm maps mate

Goldrush-gal

Adlernest   

Caen2

Supply

Sw_oasis_b3

Frostbite

Pirates

Venice

Et_beach

Fa_italy

Snatch3

Warbell

Sp_delivery

Marrakesh 2 (night final)

Braundorf  

Dubrovnik  

Capuzzo

Breman

Baserace

Library

Radar

Railgun

Fueldump

The reason they are permanent is to make sure the majority of maps played on NQ1 are more player majority friendly and the sort 90% of players would play, even if they only sort of like the map, base has been reduced to 15 min play time to help keep the player base stable. 

The maps that can be swapped out are 

Kerkyra

1944_beach

2tanks

I'll get them showing in the votes properly and then go from there, one thing i've learnt is that too much change can have an immediate impact on player numbers, so while i'd love to be able to say to everyone of course yeah we can have that map and that map and that map sort of thing in reality it just doesn't work.

Maps have to be treated with care otherwise the player numbers suffer greatly.

That said once the "swap" maps have had a chance to be shown and played for a few weeks and have or haven't been played then i'll happily see about swapping 1 or all of them out for 3 newer ones suggested by players like yourself.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

1944 Beach is still in the rotation mate, it just wont show atm in the vote until 27+ players are actively playing. 

I've spoke to Mr @daredevil and he is happy to reduce the player numbers per of the player groups so it should show along with 2tanks, marrakesh and kerkyra around the 24 player, once the groups are put to new player level settings. ;)

Been quite busy of late so not been around much, should be more visible on NQ1 the next weeks or so though so will go through maps.

Purefrag-baserace wise?? the following are perm maps mate

Goldrush-gal

Adlernest   

Caen2

Supply

Sw_oasis_b3

Frostbite

Pirates

Venice

Et_beach

Fa_italy

Snatch3

Warbell

Sp_delivery

Marrakesh 2 (night final)

Braundorf  

Dubrovnik  

Capuzzo

Breman

Baserace

Library

Radar

Railgun

Fueldump

The reason they are permanent is to make sure the majority of maps played on NQ1 are more player majority friendly and the sort 90% of players would play, even if they only sort of like the map, base has been reduced to 15 min play time to help keep the player base stable. 

The maps that can be swapped out are 

Kerkyra

1944_beach

2tanks

I'll get them showing in the votes properly and then go from there, one thing i've learnt is that too much change can have an immediate impact on player numbers, so while i'd love to be able to say to everyone of course yeah we can have that map and that map and that map sort of thing in reality it just doesn't work.

Maps have to be treated with care otherwise the player numbers suffer greatly.

That said once the "swap" maps have had a chance to be shown and played for a few weeks and have or haven't been played then i'll happily see about swapping 1 or all of them out for 3 newer ones suggested by players like yourself.

Sure you are right. The rotation is very important for the amount of players on server. That's why i like what you do with the perm rotation, good to have a lot basic maps on server. Guys don't know exotic maps anymore, which are also really good. But not played that often.

I do like Keryra also 1944_beach so it's hard to decide for me which map should be taken off. If i got you right you will look into it and watch out for a map that haven't been played often the last days/weeks?!

Falcon and Uje would be nice 😄 There were to many good maps. Guys doing some good suggestions on server :)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BLAAT said:

Saturday baserace was on for 30 min if I'm not mistaken, was the change to 15 min made after that?

No it was done a while back, i'll look in to it as it might be that the time is altered dep on the player numbers, more players = more time sort of thing.

Thanks for the update!

A small suggestion: 

Since winter is approaching, I think it would be fun to start thinking about a 'autumn/winter rotation'. Maps such as North Pole, Baserace winter, Fueldump winter, Haunted mansion (Halloween maybe) and the map with the bus and plane at the end (don't know the name anymore) etc?

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if 2tanks and Kerkyra are still on, but sad to see those maps aren't being played. I would love to see Holy Grail added to the rotation. This map was made for NQ, and I think it would be fun.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 4:01 PM, BLAAT said:

Thanks for the update!

A small suggestion: 

Since winter is approaching, I think it would be fun to start thinking about a 'autumn/winter rotation'. Maps such as North Pole, Baserace winter, Fueldump winter, Haunted mansion (Halloween maybe) and the map with the bus and plane at the end (don't know the name anymore) etc?

https://et.trackbase.net/map/69/    <--- Is that the map you were referring to with bus and plane?

• Sad 1
  • 100 1

IMHO The best map i have played in ET: Industry . I dont play this play since years, some people say it is laggy, but i  have never had a problem with this map.

We can try maybe? 

https://et.trackbase.net/map/57/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

1 hour ago, FILIPE said:

Good old maps are best! They are not too big. 😎 People don't choose maps Kerkyra, 2tanks and should be removed.

There are 26 maps because after i'd switched the rotation and added maps players were all asking for (Eagles included) the server took a nose dive and the players stopped playing it.

I get players want new maps and now and again they may have a brain fart and think "oh i liked that map, cant remember its name but i think i played it a few times and enjoyed it, lets ask to put it on the server" BUT the cold hard facts are players like maps most know and they show this by leaving the server on mass when its full of suggested maps.

That is exactly what happened with NQ1 so i had to do something, and do it as quickly as possible. My answer was to replace all the maps with maps that 90% of players would probably play whether they liked the map or not. I created a rotation consisting of 20 key maps and 3 maps (kerkyra 2 tanks and 1944 beach) which could be swapped out now and again. 

I've added a few more quietly (school and daybreak for instance) without most even knowing it to try and give different maps.

Again i get players want to play maps but i can assure you too much change does kill a player base, it kills the player base quickly and harshly and it takes a lot longer to grow that player base back up (taken about 2 months nearly up to now.

So bottom line is maps on NQ1 will be swapped out or added quietly and without much fan fair and it will only really be maps like kerkyra, 1944 beach and 2tanks that are replaced..

• 100 2

I just wanted to add, that Daybreak is enjoying a second iteration here on NQ1. I didn't see one person complaining about that map, and everyone takes nicely to it.

• Like 2
  • 100 2