ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously playing only same maps for hours Goldrush,Marakech,Supply,Italy its going boring really but when any other map will pass vote people seems distracted they don't know what to do. 

For me Map Vote is crap, wish to have rotation 20+ maps and play it with balance Few Maps Allies Attack , Few Maps Axis attacks . On Dark-Alchemy we had like 35+ maps in rotation. 2nd thing is Team Play is Must, how you can teamplay without Friendly fire xDDDD really spamming artillery on goldrush and camping on bridge . You can think about it maybe + Balance settings on some maps like disabled or lowered Double Jump on adlernest,supply,frostbite,Bremen,Goldrush,Reactor,Snatch etc. So think about rotation with balanced map cycle instead of crap map votes with same maps all of the time. I've was looking for it and i've found it

example of rotation which we had on Dark-Alchemy . Maybe its not balanced rotations but this 2 i get from my old alchemy archives :D.

echo "Default rotation list: 39 maps"
echo "* 1-Oasis * 2-Venice * 3-Supply Depot Pro * 4-V2 Factory * 5-Chateau Voilegarde * 6-Subway *"
echo "* 7-Snatch! * 8-Goldrush gals * 9-Stargate Center 1945 V2 * 10-Secret Bay * 11-Rushers11 * 12-Raw Castle TE *"
echo "* 13-Praetoria Ep2 * 14-Pirates Final * 15-Fueldump-Z b2 * 16-Password2 Final * 17-Paris Bastille B3 * 18-MP Base (Alien) *"
echo "* 19-MLB Temple * 20-MLB Daybreak * 21-Italy FP2 * 22-Marrakech Streets Night * 23-Radar Summer 1.3 * 24-RTCW Beach *"
echo "* 25-Dubrovnik Final * 26-Castle Attack * 27-Capuzzo Airport b4 * 28-Caen * 29-Bremen Final * 30-Bergen *"
echo "* 31-Goldrush gals * 32-Axis Lab * 33-Allman b1.2 * 34-Alcazaba Assault FP2 * 35-Air assault * 36-Adlernest 2 *"
echo "* 37-Xposed * 38-Adlerhorst * 39-2 Tanks *"

There 2nd

Default rotation list: 33 maps
* 1-Fueldump Z b1 * 2-Caen * 3-Supply Depot Pro * 4-Password2 Final * 5-Venice * 6-Oasis * 7-Praetoria Ep2 *
* 8-Teuthonia Final * 9-Adlernest 2 * 10-UJE TheGhetto * 11-Pirates Final * 12-Goldrush gals * 13-Bergen * 14-Chateau Voilegarde *
* 15-Secret Bay * 16-Paris Bastille B3 * 17-Fueldump Z b1 * 18-Caen * 19-Marrakech Streets Night * 20-V2 Factory * 21-RTCW Beach *
* 22-Chicken Bucket V2 * 23-Oasis * 24-Rushers11 * 25-Italy FP2 * 26-UJE The Beast B5 * 27-Air assault * 28-MP Base (Alien) *
* 29-Goldrush gals * 30-Bremen Final * 31-Baserace desert * 32-Capuzzo Airport b4 * 33-MLB Temple *

Greetings Punitron.

Edited by Punitron
  • Like 2

• Administrators
Just now, Old Owl said:

For a fast map add, you can add Breakout 2, which is a nice map.

You can see it here:  https://et.trackbase.net/map/49/

This never will change so much, because the players always discard the unknown maps, and choose the maps they know already.

Added! hit me up when u get chance on Discord. 

4 hours ago, Almondo said:

Any change of maps rotation will be great! ...btw

Man im already tired because this mapvote is crap, playing same maps for hours i bet there was rotation earlier, but really we playing goldrush in 3 version ,supply in 2 versions, Italy , marakech.

Maps that you can consider:

Axis Lab Final

Praetoria Mission Two

Airfield Assault 

MP_Alienbase

Breakout 2

Bridge

Dubrovnik (DJ OFF)

MLB Maps

Frost 2

The Port B1

Pitch Black

V1 Rocket

V2 Factory

Secret Bay

Toxicity:Facility 31

Transmitter

UJE 00

UJE VIP

Vesuvius

1944 Cherbourg 2 

Operation Tower (old-owl map, worth to try it)

Most of this maps are medium/large sized they could fit to the server if you truly want to have teamwork on your NQ server. PM me if you want more , most of this maps we played on our old server and have much fun and teamworking to make obj. 

Cya Punitron :)

• Like 2

Thanks DareDevil for the new maps added.

Now I think that some new maps should be added, but of course you cant all the maps that Punitron listed (lol).

So I can sum up what can be interesting:

1. - Venice. Yes this map is a classic and I think everyone played it sometimes. https://et.trackbase.net/map/11/
  2. - Xposed. Another interesting map that can be tested. Maybe with FF off can have an issue because the first part can get stuck due to the axis spawn near the first objective, but worth a try. https://et.trackbase.net/map/127/
  3. - MP Base Alienz version. Same as the current map you have in hte server but very well modified version. https://et.trackbase.net/map/35/
  4. - Capuzzo Airport final. Very nice map large but can be good for few players as well. https://et.trackbase.net/map/7507/
  5. - Airfield Assault. This map is nice and need good teamwork. Very recommended. https://et.trackbase.net/map/112/

Not so many maps listed, but it is better less than too much new maps at once, to let players know the maps step by step. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, BLAAT said:

Double jump is part of what makes NQ1 fun for me at least, so plz dont turn it off

NoQuarter have a specific feature where you can change some values (i.e. Doublejump) on a specific map only.

So It can be settled off or lowered, for example  with set g_doubleJumpheight 1. This command doesn't disable double jump at all, but lower the height of the jump so the players can't go over an obstacle which need an objective to be done first.

I know, but what I don't get is why double jump should be lowered or disabled on Venice, there's no way to complete the objective without the tank anyway.
Other maps (daybreak) it would make sense to lower the max height in order to prevent the objective being completed by a cov sneaking about.

On that note, it's not allowed to complete the objective of a map by TJ or otherwise before that part of the map is 'playable', so in the daybreak example above, getting the keycard while the tank is still moving to the wall is not allowed

Can that dynamic map list modified at those most played drops from list and keep rotation like 5days and see what maps not selected and drop them from list totally and then adding those most played 1 by one? or is that too much manual work?

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Masa_1964 said:

Can that dynamic map list modified at those most played drops from list and keep rotation like 5days and see what maps not selected and drop them from list totally and then adding those most played 1 by one? or is that too much manual work?

Easiest solution - Create 5 rotations - each with 26 maps and rotate, rotations every week auto. I can do that and will that work? But someone got to create rotation! 

• Thanks 1