ET Server Suggestion NQ #1 Map Suggestions

daredevil

3 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Easiest solution - Create 5 rotations - each with 26 maps and rotate, rotations every week auto. I can do that and will that work? But someone got to create rotation! 

Sure if you like this way I can help to make some rotations and the relative maps configs. Let me know if I have green light or not. I can collaborate "live" on Discord with you guys NP.

I know, but what I don't get is why double jump should be lowered or disabled on Venice, there's no way to complete the objective without the tank anyway.
Other maps (daybreak) it would make sense to lower the max height in order to prevent the objective being completed by a cov sneaking about.

That should went good with some adjustments like balance spawntimes etc but we will see, i mostly times prefer no dj at some maps and on other maps DJ is needed :).

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Old Owl said:

Sure if you like this way I can help to make some rotations and the relative maps configs. Let me know if I have green light or not. I can collaborate "live" on Discord with you guys NP.

Go for it. It's map voting so we need do this below. Create a list of 30 maps. Out of 30 - we divide in 3 slots - small, big and large and we update exclude maps per rotation. 

Each rotation keep 18 mid size , 6 smaller and 6 bigger.

7 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Go for it. It's map voting so we need do this below. Create a list of 30 maps. Out of 30 - we divide in 3 slots - small, big and large and we update exclude maps per rotation. 

Each rotation keep 18 mid size , 6 smaller and 6 bigger.

Thanks, I will make what you requested. I hope this will help to make's everyone satisfied for their expectations, and more willing to challenge the new environment they will face on NQ1. 🤭

It's map voting so we need do this below

With map voting i think that will not even work. I think you could atleast test for a week or longer a map rotation without voting. On our old server we had something like 2 rotations Small one and Normal One. Small was when we had like only 12/14 (balanced depend on players with 1 panzer per team) if i good remember and normal one where we had 30+ maps. No voting just simple balanced rotation. Not every time same maps in other versions :S

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bobekk said:

With map voting i think that will not even work. I think you could atleast test for a week or longer a map rotation without voting. On our old server we had something like 2 rotations Small one and Normal One. Small was when we had like only 12/14 (balanced depend on players with 1 panzer per team) if i good remember and normal one where we had 30+ maps. No voting just simple balanced rotation. Not every time same maps in other versions :S

Why depend on someone to execute different map rotation pool? I can do auto map rotation based on the day of the week ..of day of the year.. Ex

Every monday rotate map rotation. 

OR Every every 2 weeks change the rotation. 

OR every 10 days change the rotation. 

Do work one time and rip the benefits all year along. Pain? some batch scripting and creating rotation. First one I can take it. But 2nd one community needs to make solid rotation. 

• Like 1

Ok. Some maps are on this list. We can discard something if they are too much. Will highlight what can be removed just in case. Of course it is up to you to remove what you think is not good, and keep some good maps from the current map pool. 👍

Feel free to ask for maps.cfg to be added in the mapsconfig folder and the optional scripts to be placed in mapscript folder.

If you don't find one or more maps, I can upload them somewhere.

Thanx!

1. Braundorf Final
  2. CTF Face Beta 1
  3. Raw Castle Final
  4. Supply Depot Pro
  5. Villa Gun b2
  6. =F|A= Italy
  7. Airfield Assault FP
  8. Adlernest 2 Final
  9. Axislab Final
  10. Baserace Desert
  11. Bergen Final
  12. Breakout 2
  13. Caen 2
  14. Cathedral Final
  15. Dubrovnik Final
  16. Goldrush GALS Final
  17. Marrakech Streets 2 by Night Final
  18. MP Base ZE Alienz Final
  19. Pitch Black Winter
  20. Praetoria: Mission Two Final
  21. Secret Bay Final
  22. Snatch! 3 Final
  23. Watten V2
  24. UJE 00 Final
  25. Venice Final
  26. Adlerhorst Final
  27. Capuzzo Final
  28. Castle Attack Beta 5
  29. X-Posed Final
  30. V2 Factory Final
  31. MLB Temple Final

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Old Owl said:

Ok. Some maps are on this list. We can discard something if they are too much. Will highlight what can be removed just in case. Of course it is up to you to remove what you think is not good, and keep some good maps from the current map pool. 👍

Feel free to ask for maps.cfg to be added in the mapsconfig folder and the optional scripts to be placed in mapscript folder.

Thanx!

1. Braundorf Final
  2. CTF Face Beta 1
  3. Raw Castle Final
  4. Supply Depot Pro
  5. Villa Gun b2
  6. =F|A= Italy
  7. Airfield Assault FP
  8. Adlernest 2 Final
  9. Axislab Final
  10. Baserace Desert
  11. Bergen Final
  12. Breakout 2
  13. Caen 2
  14. Cathedral Final
  15. Dubrovnik Final
  16. Goldrush GALS Final
  19. Pitch Black Winter
  21. Secret Bay Final
  22. Snatch! 3 Final
  23. Watten V2
  24. UJE 00 Final
  25. Venice Final
  26. Adlerhorst Final
  27. Capuzzo Final
  28. Castle Attack Beta 5
  29. X-Posed Final
  30. V2 Factory Final
  31. MLB Temple Final

5. Villa Gun b2 (isn't too small?  )

And suggestion to have lower value  "g_doublejumpheight" for maps 1,4,7,8,13,14,15,18 . Not disable it just lower height .

Anyway great job Old-Owl .

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, Old Owl said:

Thanx!

1. Braundorf Final
  2. CTF Face Beta 1
  3. Raw Castle Final
  4. Supply Depot Pro
  5. Villa Gun b2
  6. =F|A= Italy
  7. Airfield Assault FP
  8. Adlernest 2 Final
  9. Axislab Final
  10. Baserace Desert
  11. Bergen Final
  12. Breakout 2
  13. Caen 2
  14. Cathedral Final
  15. Dubrovnik Final
  16. Goldrush GALS Final
  19. Pitch Black Winter
  21. Secret Bay Final
  22. Snatch! 3 Final
  23. Watten V2
  24. UJE 00 Final
  25. Venice Final
  26. Adlerhorst Final
  27. Capuzzo Final
  28. Castle Attack Beta 5
  29. X-Posed Final
  30. V2 Factory Final
  31. MLB Temple Final

Good taste of maps :)

Also, lately I noticed people (mostly the same ones) voting the same maps over and over again. We end up playing only 4-5 maps only... Oasis, Special Delivery, Streets of Italy, Goldrush (although I love this one :)), Marrakech.

So, I hope you can add this rotation as soon as possible. Thx

Cya on server, w00t

• Like 1

Good taste of maps :)

Also, lately I noticed people (mostly the same ones) voting the same maps over and over again. We end up playing only 4-5 maps only... Oasis, Special Delivery, Streets of Italy, Goldrush (although I love this one :)), Marrakech.

So, I hope you can add this rotation as soon as possible. Thx

Cya on server, w00t

Already told about that we playing few maps from all of them,yesterday was mapvote and there was like 3 version of Goldrush. Anything than mapvote will be great Campaing,Rotation imo. :)

• Like 2

My view on maps and rotations etc. There ALWAYS will be somebody who is not going to be happy about certain maps. Me for example - I like old maps and maps which are played again and again (apart of Beach which I hate for unknown reason). When there is a new map when I can't just run around and shoot, I go to specs or disconnecting. I'm not the only one. Then you have players who want to play new maps all the time. I think yesterday I've seen comment from admin saying there are no new players cos we still vote for old maps again and again. Sorry but that's BS. Still getting new players. Also how come when there are for example 30 players and vote for map - usually it is between 2 maps like 20+ against 20+ votes (so 7 players against 7 players approx and before you mention that - I don't think I am the only one who cannot be bothered to vote for 3 maps and who is choosing only one map by vote). Rest of maps? One or two votes for next lets say 4 or 5 maps max. All new maps or unknown one are having most of time as I see big fat 0. So this maps are getting votes for again and again for simple reason. We (or majority) like them. Map suggestion on a forum? I mean honestly? How many players (not admins) are visiting ET forum regularly? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ford (Cz) said:

My view on maps and rotations etc. There ALWAYS will be somebody who is not going to be happy about certain maps. Me for example - I like old maps and maps which are played again and again (apart of Beach which I hate for unknown reason). When there is a new map when I can't just run around and shoot, I go to specs or disconnecting. I'm not the only one. Then you have players who want to play new maps all the time. I think yesterday I've seen comment from admin saying there are no new players cos we still vote for old maps again and again. Sorry but that's BS. Still getting new players. Also how come when there are for example 30 players and vote for map - usually it is between 2 maps like 20+ against 20+ votes (so 7 players against 7 players approx and before you mention that - I don't think I am the only one who cannot be bothered to vote for 3 maps and who is choosing only one map by vote). Rest of maps? One or two votes for next lets say 4 or 5 maps max. All new maps or unknown one are having most of time as I see big fat 0. So this maps are getting votes for again and again for simple reason. We (or majority) like them. Map suggestion on a forum? I mean honestly? How many players (not admins) are visiting ET forum regularly? 

So lets play only Italy,Goldrush in 3 version,Supply,Marakech,Oasis all of the time there will be no problem. So im +100 for rotation system to not play goldrush for 3 times in 1 hour. If rotation will not work they allways can comeback to map voting system,tell me how much time you playing here to don't get bored playing the same maps all of the time?? 

• Like 1

The problem I see with constant voting for certain (limited number of) maps is that they get tedious/boring for some players.
For instance I personally don't like the fact that there are 3 versions of goldrush which are constantly voted in. This causes the vote system to fail somewhat imo.
The delay by which a map shows up is defeated by having 3 versions of it.

A map rotation with popular maps inter spaced with other (less popular but) fun maps would be the ideal solution imo.

Example:

Goldrush FA
Pirates Final
Bremen
Venice
Marrakech Streets 2 by Night Final
etc...

Some players would like to play always the same maps, maybe because they play better the maps they are used to play. Of course a new map is more difficulty for someone that never know tricks and good spots of this map.

I am sure that after a bit of time, the most players will like some of the new maps, otherwise never played with voting system.

I agree with Blaat that every new rotation MUST consider to include the more popular maps in a sort of "interleaved" sequence. I will add that it's important to include regularly some of the vanilla maps, even they are modified versions.

A classic example is the following Blue are vanilla or mod versions, Orange the actually most voted maps, Purple the new maps for something new! :

Oasis_EU

Caen2

Venice

UJE The Ghetto

Supplydepot Pro

Goldrush GALS

and continue so... to fill 20 - 25 a nice map rotation.

Plus, add !listmaps for the players so they know what is next.

Each map have a line number 1 oasis, 2 caen ,3 venice etc,  ok. If we add a simple custom admin command, we can simply give it to high admins, to change nextmap to a desidered number "on the fly", but this is technically another topic, lol.