ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

what do u guys think  .... an what maps should we take out ....???  i was thinking taking out  oasis   paris bastille , base 12 ,erdenberge 

let me know what u want plz. 

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Map voting -46 for Decay, -26 Oasis

The person in charge of rotations can see that. Would be better to suggest maps to replace them than to point out information they already have.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
50 minutes ago, ElEl said:

The person in charge of rotations can see that. Would be better to suggest maps to replace them than to point out information they already have.

That's been done to death and no one is doing anything about. In the meantime Jay 2 is dying and it doesn't seem like too many other people really care. I offered to be take care of it but apparently I'm NoT iN tHe ClAn or something..... oO

Edited by -=HipKat=-

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That's been done to death and no one is doing anything about. In the meantime Jay 2 is dying and it doesn't seem like too many other people really care. I offered to be take care of it but apparently I'm NoT iN tHe ClAn or something..... oO

Your last 3 posts have just been saying what the map scores are when that stuff is easily available to the person doing rotations. Take those negative scoring maps, suggest what to replace them with and I'll do it myself. It makes it so much easier for the guy in charge of rotations if there's actual feedback i.e. what map to add and what map to replace it with. 

"-46 Decay"

"-26 Oasis"

How does this help at all?

Say what it is you want to be in that map slot instead and it'll get changed. The hardest part of doing rotations for this specific server is no one can be f***ed to suggest a replacement map. 

Yes the server's dying cause no one has taken up the slack. CapTn has been understandably busy with work and he's been ill but I've offered to help teach anyone else what's needed for making map rotations, I even wrote a pdf tutorial on it but there's just no interest inside the clan and given the lack of feedback in this topic I can see why. 

Tell me what you maps you want on the server and I'll put them on. I'm not wasting my time looking for maps to add anymore, especially now that I'm busy with university work. 

Something like this:

Out:

Oasis

Battery

Radar

In:

Railgun

Fuel Dump

Whatever else

Reasons for adding and removing help too. This should be the standard way suggestions are made, just look at the Jay1 topic pinned reply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

Whats the egypt map with awesome Egyptian statues everywhere in it? I don't know the name...I think it has a truck too...

I think people are going to hate and complain about everything maybe the trick is ignoring that and just keeping it fresh with different maps....

I agree the game is dying, sadly I wonder if its just its time or not. I'm loosing interest too...as insufferable as people are these days I'm thinking you'll see more down voting and people refuse to even play many maps. I think people are harder to please these days...

If I'm there to play ill play most maps

Before I quit or go spec unless I truly hate the map or it feels like i just played it.  One vote failing map changes sucks because sometimes the vote is like 8 to 1...same with shuffling and everything else on server...tbr

Maybe we need out of the blue maps to keep it fresh? I don't know at this point...

Certain players whine hardest if their play style doesn't blend with a map....eg fraggers campers, etc..

Edited by spectator

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, ElEl said:

Your last 3 posts have just been saying what the map scores are when that stuff is easily available to the person doing rotations. Take those negative scoring maps, suggest what to replace them with and I'll do it myself. It makes it so much easier for the guy in charge of rotations if there's actual feedback i.e. what map to add and what map to replace it with. 

"-46 Decay"

"-26 Oasis"

How does this help at all?

Dude, MANY maps have been suggested by other players. @captnconcrete has suggest a bunch, for example. @AirRaid and I and others gave you a list of the maps we really liked when you were doing the test server. Where are they?? I can go back a few pages and show where XXXXX was going to take over the rotation... well, when?? Who?? 

I'm just as busy as everyone else. I work crazy hours, I just bought a house and I'm about to try and get custody of my kids, and I'm willing to help as much as possible, but every time I offer to, it's chirp chirp chirp - crickets.

In the meantime, the server can have pretty full teams and then Decay comes on and it's 2v2 and all BOTs, killing the server.

Please, by all means, forgive me for giving a damn

8 hours ago, spectator said:

Whats the egypt map with awesome Egyptian statues everywhere in it? I don't know the name...I think it has a truck too...

I think people are going to hate and complain about everything maybe the trick is ignoring that and just keeping it fresh with different maps....

I agree the game is dying, sadly I wonder if its just its time or not. I'm loosing interest too...as insufferable as people are these days I'm thinking you'll see more down voting and people refuse to even play many maps. I think people are harder to please these days...

If I'm there to play ill play most maps

Before I quit or go spec unless I truly hate the map or it feels like i just played it.  One vote failing map changes sucks because sometimes the vote is like 8 to 1...same with shuffling and everything else on server...tbr

Maybe we need out of the blue maps to keep it fresh? I don't know at this point...

Certain players whine hardest if their play style doesn't blend with a map....eg fraggers campers, etc..

II think I know the map you mean. If it's the one I think it is, it's just too big and yeah, you cannot please everyone. But that's why the map voting was instituted, to see which maps get the most "likes", if you will and which ones don't.

My idea is a larger rotation of less often-played maps and more unique maps that are right-sized for the server and are fun to play making Jay 2 a server that offers something different than other servers.

BTW in my informal polling of other players, the number one reason people come to Jay 2 is escaping the chaos of Jay 1 and the difference in players/regs on Jay 2. The reason to NOT come to Jay 2, the most replies are 'dren - but that's a whole different thread that's been argued to death. Personally, I'd take 'dren over poison knives, r_)nades form every direction and endless mortars and arty all over the place.

Quite frankly, I think most players go to Jay 1 because it's populated almost all the time - which goes back to an old argument i had of lowering slots on Jay 1 so people redirect to Jay 2 - like it once was, some years ago.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, spectator said:

Whats the egypt map with awesome Egyptian statues everywhere in it? I don't know the name...

Grave Robbery Maybe ? 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, spectator said:

Maybe this? I can't find a picture, but i remember it being something like that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, DeKing said:

Grave Robbery Maybe ? 

Isn't that a pretty large map? I know that it was one of those maps when it was on Jay 1 that half the people loved and the other half totally hated