ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i dont i think this would kill your pop faster then anything. messing around with maps  every week would piss alot of people off on jay2 . not everyone plays  everyday. im not doing this too please one person . if i was id please my self. 

im doing it too make a fun relaxing enjoy atmosphere at jay2. believe it or not i like to play et too.an i only get so much free time.

The point is not waiting to remove maps that empty the server and cause people to mapvote on there and getting new maps on to replace them as quickly as possible. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I see server is getting more busy than what it was after xmas time, so now we need to find a good cycle to make it having a steady player base. Maps can be changed fast if needed, but we cant please all on this matter. I will look now more closer on what maps are/aren't popular and we go from there. Now important is to play and get ppl in there. So far this is looking good, so keep it up!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

thanks rendel .. also thanks for coming to jay2 too help .. i appreciate it!!!!!

i have read thru some of map stuff that most dont see  unless there a higher admin.

i noticed what daredevil has said in past and also rambozo.. an i will try to follow there protocol.

last thing i want is rendel  getting overwhelmed.

• Thanks 1

my suggestion is to keep away from maps people dont know 

as soon as maps people dont know come on many leave 

best to stick to popular maps kinda like jay 1 

and im sure we will see it get more busy 

example cludo a lot are not a fan of it

store house, et tundra and midnight raid 

are maps i dont know and talking with regulars they dont 

know and some dont like them again we cant make all happy 

but thats my suggestion if we want the server to pick up business

and that should be our goal .

• Love 1
  • 100 3

request 

Out

midnight raid

Storehouse 

cluedo

V2 Factory

et tundra

praetoria m2

In

Venice_ne4 6, 64

et_mor2_night_final 0, 64,

Adlernest 0, 40,

FA Oasis b3 8, 64,

River Port b1 6, 64,

NOD Temple 0, 40,

5 map is known by everybody, NOD Temple for C&C fans

Edited by SuperNewNewbie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, D..X said:

thats my suggestion if we want the server to pick up business

and that should be our goal .

Agreed.

Watch out for Purefrag as well. Since it’s not an objective-map, it usually scares away the new players/beginners. @RendeL

Another tip for admins on the server:

Dont be afraid to remind players to vote at the end of each map!

People often forget to vote in between maps... So, sometimes, I see that an “unusual” map is voted and the vote passes with only 3 points (only 1 player voted it), even though there are maybe 15 people online. In these cases, during the warmup, if I see regulars complaining about the map, then at the map start I would call a Next Map Vote.

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

dis agree on purefrag . it has a love hate relation ship with jay2 ..  usually one of the more fun games on jay2.  gotta watch the count on map votes also more than just the number . whos  voting also makes a diff. some people b*** on jay2 no matter what u do dont fall too there antics. 

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Nod temple may need antirush. I havent attempted a rush playthrough in previous map testing. Does work smoothly though. 

Just be aware of that vicious obelisk of light 😉

Edit: Side request: if this map does make it into jay2's rotation, I ask the jay2 regulars to please let me know how this map goes over there. I request feedback. I can't edit the map in anyway but I am interested in requesting this for jay1 if it's well liked over on 2.

Edited by CabaL
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

Another tip for admins on the server:

Dont be afraid to remind players to vote at the end of each map!

People often forget to vote in between maps... So, sometimes, I see that an “unusual” map is voted and the vote passes with only 3 points (only 1 player voted it), even though there are maybe 15 people online. In these cases, during the warmup, if I see regulars complaining about the map, then at the map start I would call a Next Map Vote.

Unfortunately Jay2 doesn't have map voting like silEnT or Nitmod. 

I think Purefrag is fine to keep on the server, quite a few enjoy it. The biggest issue I see with maps is people not voting during warmup. 

Good to see this topic so active with staff+ now. ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Platinum VIP

This thing about popular maps is that Jay 2 had almost all common maps when it started losing people. Some of the more common maps also can feel overplayed.

Some of the new maps have definitely not been well received, true, but my own opinion is that those same popular maps are on almost every server and why play popular maps on a server with 10 people and 6 Bots when you can play with 20 people you know well and no bots?

I really think that finding more obscure maps that have whatever it is that ET Players look for is the key. I might be wrong, but I really feel like that's something to consider. They just can't be all added at once and the Christmas maps were a lot of new, more rare maps all at once, for example.

Slipping a new one in here and there to see how it goes and if people like it, then add another one.

• Like 1

i dont dis agree hip ..we have been talking about this sense letdown was doing rotation . problem with alot thos maps is no bot waypoints. or they just simply dont work. there is alot of neat maps out there. but  really big weird ones dont go over well on jay2.

i think its simple dont compare jay2 too jay1.  if jay2 was like jay1 i wouldnt play there.

not that i dont like population . but i cant stand 30 v30. in et. game wasnt ment to be played like that.

i think a nice stead flow of traffic . with  a nice laid back atmosphere  is better.  people come back then .  i also like to interact with regulars .  let them know  i appreciate them being here. u can put what ever u want on a server if you dont treat people right they wont come back. there are 872 maps to pic from  in dleds. id love it if i didnt have to go thru all of em everytime on my own.

i would really like to see the guantlet  fixed so we can play it my ole buddy made the  map it is super fun. i was one of the testers then.

on side note ive seen more old regulars coming back to jay2 . and sticking around more than one map.lets keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

23 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

i think its simple dont compare jay2 too jay1.  if jay2 was like jay1 i wouldnt play there.

jay 1 was used as an example i could have said b2 or silent 1 basically any of our servers that have a population 

of more then 3 to 5 people at most given times  unlike  most of our popular servers run pretty much all the popular maps 

and very few new or unknown maps and thats why they do well jay 2 is the only server that runs odd ball maps and the population shows it

23 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

not that i dont like population . but i cant stand 30 v30. in et. game wasnt ment to be played like that.

our goal as a clan is to get as many people playing on our servers as we can and jay 2 atm is failing on that 

we use to rank in the top 10 usually around  6 or 7  now we rank between 15  to 20 and that needs to improve 

maps make up the biggest portion of attracting and retaining regulars then comes how they are treated on the server 

Edited by D..X
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

ok does jay2 get jay1 redirected traffic when its full??  i know when this stopped for while  is when the server fell off . and alot of the people who supported jay2 just arent around.

exp.. shatter  went from being a jay2 regular to not being on the server . in 31 days .. 

solberg 22d 

maeztro 16d

xvante sc  21d 

maddoc 12 d ...

bk5 6 d

superstoner 18

gameplan 33d

exhol 16d

osie 54 d

danyboy 87d

buckwild 22d

betrayal 13 d.

these are all people who used to be on server alot. daily.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

ok does jay2 get jay1 redirected traffic when its full??  i know when this stopped for while  is when the server fell off . and alot of the people who supported jay2 just arent around.

exp.. shatter  went from being a jay2 regular to not being on the server . in 31 days .. 

solberg 22d 

maeztro 16d

xvante sc  21d 

maddoc 12 d ...

bk5 6 d

superstoner 18

gameplan 33d

exhol 16d

osie 54 d

danyboy 87d

buckwild 22d

betrayal 13 d.

these are all people who used to be on server alot. daily.

Almost all of them are regs on Jay 1 now

8 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Jay2's player base dropped considerably when the limit for Jay1 was moved from 51 players to 60. Move it back to 51 and I bet any amount of money that Jay2 will get more players again.

I also see a lot of people you listed on Jay1 regularly when I play there.

No one, including myself, wants to be the first person to play against all bots hoping that others start to join when they could just go to Jay1 and play against people. I can't really blame anyone for that.

I do remember a lot of discussion a while ago about people wanting non standard maps, it's one of the reasons I started playing on Jay2 in the first place. Maps like Raiders, Fata Morgana, La Rochelle and Praetoria I didn't see on any other server at the time.
I'm all up for playing a basic rotation but that's up to you guys. I just can't see it making much difference.

Just my 2 cents. 

• 100 3