ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

60 players is too many anyways.  No maps in ET play correctly when that many are on.  Jay1's rotation seems to getting smaller and smaller choke point maps and they become completley unplayable.

I like the bot settings on jay2.  Just fun targets to shoot but keep the objective flowing.  Jay1's are a little OP and start to connect when there's still a ton of players and no need for bots.

The rotation is pretty decent on jay2 though.  Seem to have more rare and less played maps.  Even if they're not the best it's still refreshing to play something different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:07 PM, -=HipKat=- said:

Slipping a new one in here and there to see how it goes and if people like it, then add another one.

this i agree with sliding in one or 2 rarely played/new  maps is fine and it keeps some happy but more then 2 at 

a time is too much ive seen rotations in the past with 5 or more new maps and from what i saw was some enjoyed it but a lot would 

leave or go spec  witch we need to avoid  so maybe if each rotation is around 20 maps throw in one or 2 new maps but spared them out 

dont have 2 new maps come up one after another people may play 1 new map and be ok but when several new in a row come up

i think that's when the interest seems to get lost.

• Like 1

only reason we changed so many on jay2 this first round .with me and rendel is there where that many xmas maps on rotation. like i said give it time it will get better.

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, ElEl said:

Jay2's player base dropped considerably when the limit for Jay1 was moved from 51 players to 60. Move it back to 51 and I bet any amount of money that Jay2 will get more players again.

I also see a lot of people you listed on Jay1 regularly when I play there.

That and the redirect to Jay 2 being removed. Years ago, that's how I ended up on Jay 2 in the first place and got redirected there often. The only time I ever went to Jay 2 in the past was when Jay 1 was full

9 hours ago, ElEl said:

No one, including myself, wants to be the first person to play against all bots hoping that others start to join when they could just go to Jay1 and play against people. I can't really blame anyone for that.

I do remember a lot of discussion a while ago about people wanting non standard maps, it's one of the reasons I started playing on Jay2 in the first place. Maps like Raiders, Fata Morgana, La Rochelle and Praetoria I didn't see on any other server at the time.

I'm all up for playing a basic rotation but that's up to you guys. I just can't see it making much difference.

Just my 2 cents. 

Well, last night, the server was full, as in 1 or no Bots per team for a fair number of maps. Cluedo killed it the first time I was one and when I came back, Storehouse sent a lot of people to spec. (The complaint was Allied second spawn only has one way out and is easily attacked)

27 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That and the redirect to Jay 2 being removed. Years ago, that's how I ended up on Jay 2 in the first place and got redirected there often. The only time I ever went to Jay 2 in the past was when Jay 1 was full

Well, last night, the server was full, as in 1 or no Bots per team for a fair number of maps. Cluedo killed it the first time I was one and when I came back, Storehouse sent a lot of people to spec. (The complaint was Allied second spawn only has one way out and is easily attacked)

i dont know why people dont like cluedos that maps fun as hell.  you take away some peoples ability to go 140 and 2  and they just turn to a baby. prolly tho the  heavy weapons ..

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
16 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

i dont know why people dont like cluedos that maps fun as hell.  you take away some peoples ability to go 140 and 2  and they just turn to a baby. prolly tho the  heavy weapons ..

Oh, I think it's a different reason. I like it too but that's because I'm more of a Fragger and less of an objective player and I think most people would rather just play an objective based map. I think that's why a map like purefrag doesn't get as much love also

22 hours ago, D..X said:

please remove that et tundra map i watched it get rushed in like 3 mins ty

REMOVE_______
midnightraid_b1, 0, 40,
et_tundra_beta4a, 0, 40,

ADD________
#cathedral_final, 0, 40,
#rommel_final, 10, 50,

ok how about this.

• Like 2

supplydepot2, 0, 64,
et_beach, 0, 40,
fueldump, 0, 64,
railgun, 0, 32,
cathedral_final, 0, 40,
sp_delivery_te, 0, 50,
goldrush-gals, 0, 64,
caen2, 0, 52,
fa_bremen_final, 0, 52,
storehouse, 10, 64,
school, 6, 64,
rommel_final, 10, 50,
fa_italy_b3_fixed, 6, 64,
bucket_v2, 0, 44,
purefrag, 0, 26,
password2, 8, 52,
praetoria_m2, 12, 52,
warbell, 0, 40,
v2_factory, 10, 52,
baserace, 0, 40,
snatch3, 0, 40,
pirates, 0, 40,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Leader
On 1/19/2022 at 11:20 PM, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

60 players is too many anyways. 

The teams are limited to 27 x 27, which leaves room for 6 in spec.  

On Jay#1, I should make clear.

Edited by RedBaird
Jay1, not jay2
  • Confused 1

I think this map could be great in j2, we have to refresh the view of some maps

ETL Special Delivery V3 ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/8941/ )

ET:L Adlernest V2 ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/8908/ )

Super Goldrush Final ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/360/ )