ET Server Suggestion Jay2 New Maps Suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil,

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, Eazy said:

*fyi , jay 1 still redirect to jay 2 when max capacity has been reached .  I witness it yesterday. 

Jay 2 has looked a lot better recently. It's not fully there, yet, but it's better. Long ago I chided the fact that FA needed to reduce some slots to redirect more people to Jay 2. Maybe as less and less people are actually playing the game, that might be something to reconsider. I've seen BOTs on Jay 1 lately at times that used to be full server.

• Platinum VIP
9 hours ago, Solberg said:

I think this map could be great in j2, we have to refresh the view of some maps

ETL Special Delivery V3 ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/8941/ )

ET:L Adlernest V2 ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/8908/ )

Super Goldrush Final ( https://et.trackbase.net/map/360/ )

I like the graphics overhauls on Deli and Adler.

Super G_rush has been a lag-disaster on Jay 1. Not sure how it would be on Jay 2, but G_rush GA has always been popular. Not sure if that's one to change

Get rid of this chicken bucket map.

Frag maps don't work on jay2, people just rush out of spawn with their adrenaline and M97/FG42 making the whole gameplay predictable, basic and boring.

My advice would be to focus on objective maps, those work and are effectively fun.

• Like 4
  • 100 1

• 5 weeks later...

these are not good maps for jay2 .. all have been on before and where not liked. 

id be up for one of each added to  next 3 rotations .  but all those at once wouldnt work on jay2.

tank busters people just go full idiot.  allies always win 

marrakesh  same  people lost. axis always win.

an riverport is  usually a  onesided butt raping  axis always win.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Meatface said:

What do you guys think of hydro dam for Jay2? Haven't played that one in a while.

i like it but ... its not been on rotation for a long time.  id be up for giving it a try. not sure it would be liked. 

16 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

i like it but ... its not been on rotation for a long time.  id be up for giving it a try. not sure it would be liked. 

Likely would be just flamers camping the obj doors. It is a fun map IMO.

• 100 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

theres always sum dofus camping with heavy on jay2.

We can remove flamers in that map to be honest if it's nuisances.  This is where we need co-ordination. 

I think, Hipkat is free time so I am going to request him to summarize all the changes per map and maintain it and share it through cloud drive. 

For Ex: Hydro dram - Remove flamer. @-=HipKat=- Can you please create a list for map specific configuration. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
On 2/24/2022 at 6:33 AM, captnconcrete said:

My fear of Hydro, which I love that map, is that it will get rushed easily

23 hours ago, daredevil said:

We can remove flamers in that map to be honest if it's nuisances.  This is where we need co-ordination. 

I think, Hipkat is free time so I am going to request him to summarize all the changes per map and maintain it and share it through cloud drive. 

For Ex: Hydro dram - Remove flamer. @-=HipKat=- Can you please create a list for map specific configuration. 

I don't have as much free time as you may think, but give me some time and I'll add it to the PM thread we have. I'm not cure on things like that which can be changed/removed so bear with me.

And if any Jay 2 regulars wants to send me suggestions, please do!

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
On 2/25/2022 at 10:15 AM, daredevil said:

A perfect example of this is Caen, where Axis Flamer hovers over and near obj. I never noticed it before but the last 3 times I played Caen since this was posted, I've seen the same thing happen

Edited by -=HipKat=-