ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

22 hours ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

Saberpeak Main Entrance can be Trickjump on it

Im not sure thats a bad thing. Saberpeak has been in rotation in NQ1 and my experience is that even with 8 v 8 the last stage is impossible for allies. Because there are only two entrances for attackers and both are very easily defandable by 2 or 3 players. With 10 or more players on each side, it becomes almost impossible to attack. You can fit 1 or 2 players through the opening at the side wall. And  another 2 or 3 players through the main gate. There just isnt enough room to attack through. And if allies attack through main gate there is no cover to hide behind.

Edited by HarryAimpotter
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2023 at 2:27 PM, SuperNewNewbie said:

Be advise, Saberpeak Main Entrance can be Trickjump on it. Admin should take care of this to prevent them for dyno the Submarine 

Classic Fueldump can be trickjumped in many ways and its currently in the rotation of Jay 1.

In fact, its much easier to prevent tripjump in saberpeak than in many other maps, because it is basically on large area, where allies engies starting from initial spawn are under the scrutiny of axis snipers, mg, etc. Besides good sniping spots for axis include sniping from within the submarine base, which adds further natural defense.

I'm surprised these maps weren't more popular though, but if the crowd has spoken, then it was merely a suggestion of mine 😁 

My suggested maps:

Kerkyra: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Kerkyra Beta 1 (A good sized map for both teams, plenty of classes can also be played within this map).

Helmsdeep: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Helmsdeep Beta 4 (Another good sized map for a large playerbase within jay1).

1944 Beach: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: 1944 Beach Final (An oldschool map, plenty of classes can be played, good objective points).

Secret Bay: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Secret Bay Final (One of my favorites, oldschool map, good size also).

Maps to go:

Special Delivery and Adlernest, reasons being, the maps is way to small for the large playerbases, and aren't too fun when the player count isn't high either, maps are made for ETPro and ETLegacy scrims.

Beach Invasion, let's replace a beach map with another beach map, like 1944 Beach, as I've suggested.

Also, Fuel Dump, the map speaks for itself, it's amongst the most liked original maps.

Thanks, and regards, Valk.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Valk said:

Beach Invasion, let's replace a beach map with another beach map, like 1944 Beach, as I've suggested.

I can't let anyone remove my shotgun map... :(

I agree about Kerkyra, fits perfect on Jay1.

• Love 1

I say nay for kerkyra first part is a nightmare.

I vote for Egypt, Helmsdeep. I think we need more big open maps with less choke points. My 2 cents.

• Like 4

limited amount of big maps that run smoothly -- Kerkyra is a good one (even though it does have an unfortunate choke point at first barrier). Hasn't been on server since january so id still recommend it 

In:

Kerkyra

MLB Hotchkiss
Egypt 

Out:

Castle Attack

Oil Kombinat

Venice

I like tramfight but folks dont like how the end is impossible for allies -- if folks think the map would be fun if we prevent mines from being planted along tram tracks at end, let me know. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lusciousdrunk said:

So I’m hearing some +1’s for Kerkya.. :yeye

10 hours ago, Hulk said:

I say nay for kerkyra first part is a nightmare.

I vote for Egypt, Helmsdeep. I think we need more big open maps with less choke points. My 2 cents.

9 hours ago, mraw435 said:

limited amount of big maps that run smoothly -- Kerkyra is a good one (even though it does have an unfortunate choke point at first barrier). Hasn't been on server since january so id still recommend it 

In:

Kerkyra

MLB Hotchkiss
Egypt 

Out:

Castle Attack

Oil Kombinat

Venice

I like tramfight but folks dont like how the end is impossible for allies -- if folks think the map would be fun if we prevent mines from being planted along tram tracks at end, let me know. 

If Kerkyra is added to the rotation, we should look for a spawn time adjustement in the first part.  Something like 8sec Axis and 12sec Allies respawn time (this is approx, confirmation/tuning needed). 

2nd part can be even spawn time, there is no effect on that part of the map imo. 

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP
On 6/3/2023 at 10:06 AM, Valk said:

My suggested maps:

Kerkyra: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Kerkyra Beta 1 (A good sized map for both teams, plenty of classes can also be played within this map).

Helmsdeep: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Helmsdeep Beta 4 (Another good sized map for a large playerbase within jay1).

1944 Beach: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: 1944 Beach Final (An oldschool map, plenty of classes can be played, good objective points).

Secret Bay: [et.trackbase.net] » Map details for map: Secret Bay Final (One of my favorites, oldschool map, good size also).

Maps to go:

Special Delivery and Adlernest, reasons being, the maps is way to small for the large playerbases, and aren't too fun when the player count isn't high either, maps are made for ETPro and ETLegacy scrims.

Also, Fuel Dump, the map speaks for itself, it's amongst the most liked original maps.

Thanks, and regards, Valk.

Kerkya has been on and off regularly. It's a good one.

Helms deep gets voted down pretty rapidly

1944 Beach I think we tried that years ago (First map I ever played  in ET BTW) and it wasn't liked because it's TOO old school

Special Delivery can NEVER go. It's the most popular map in ET's lifetime. Same with Adler. They just need to be set to only come on when the server is less full

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

They just need to be set to only come on when the server is less full

At the moment they are.

I would be down for giving Helms Deep or 1944 Beach a spin if both run smoothly. 

• Like 2