ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

39 minutes ago, SuperNewNewbie said:

How about add back Minas and remove UJE 00?

I'm not sure if people would agree with you as Minas has been extremely downvoted by the Jay1 community. I think that UJE 00 is a good map, it is very open for both the offensive and defensive team. In Minas, it's very linear and there are almost no way for axis to get through the different gates, it lacks of passages to sneak into the allies side of the map. In overall, I don't think it's a good idea, but that's just my opinion. You do you.

• Platinum VIP
On 6/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, Lusciousdrunk said:

At the moment they are.

I would be down for giving Helms Deep or 1944 Beach a spin if both run smoothly. 

I would too, for a change of maps. Helms deep is a great sniper map, BTW, which is my favorite class to play

On 6/5/2023 at 9:13 AM, Armagedonyx said:

I'm not sure if people would agree with you as Minas has been extremely downvoted by the Jay1 community. I think that UJE 00 is a good map, it is very open for both the offensive and defensive team. In Minas, it's very linear and there are almost no way for axis to get through the different gates, it lacks of passages to sneak into the allies side of the map. In overall, I don't think it's a good idea, but that's just my opinion. You do you.

Minas is an odd map that many people ask for when it's gone and ask to be removed when it's in rotation. IMO it's a good map to add for a week every month and then take back down.

My complaint for Minas is that so much of the map is never used, especially outside and on the first level. The 2 main choke points are the biggest reason that many people downvote it, too, I bet

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

I like Minas but a lot of the regulars do not. I would hold off on that map for a few months considering we just had it in the rotation not that long ago. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, Lusciousdrunk said:

I like Minas but a lot of the regulars do not. I would hold off on that map for a few months considering we just had it in the rotation not that long ago. 

Most players on jay1 don't like any map or it's like you add any map and they will complain.   Thing with minas is it needs admin's babysitting .

UJE is a pretty good map, I use to enjoy playing uje as allies engineer and get lots of kills via mines. There is no choke or bottleneck with this map and map is huge too. But again I think most  players don't want to learn this map and too many objectives is too much for them.  

Best effort is done in holding old school flag only  . lol. 

Edited by tipsy
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

If people complain but they play anyway, that's one thing. BBA Castle was like that in the beginning, now it's a very popular map.

If people complain and sit in spec, that's a whole different thing.

• Like 1

Hey all,

Helmsdeep : once again, A2 >> B4 (not sure which one is in stock, just couldn't find it)

UJE 00: from a design point of view, the map has fantastic features the ceremony is just an incredible idea, the piranhas in the the river, the social room with pacman game and beer, etc.). However, from a playing point of view, half of the map is very crowded with map elements, causing the maximal shooting range to be very short, some of the spawn distance are just weird (allies old school vs 2nd axis spawn), there are no real good spots for snipers.

It looks more like an essay map, an exercise to get some experience in map design before making real maps. Personally i voted it down (in-game).

my two cents.

++

• Like 1

New map suggestion :-

Map to add:-

Kerkyra :-   spawn time needed to be fixed.  Axis 10secs  allies 14. 

River Port

Eagles_2way_b3 :-  

Maps  to be removed :-

UJE_00

• Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this post to request this map return

https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/7-mml-minas-tirith-fp3-mml_minastirith_fp3pk3-and-waypoints/?do=getNewComment

remove UJE 00

I know some of the people are bored in this rotation.

So I request this one as example. (someone request eagle 2way too)

• Like 1
  • 100 1

After perusing http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/downloads/viewcategory/15-et-maps

Break's suggestions for what they are worth..

Bring back:

Kerkyra, MLB Hotchkiss, Riverport, Tram2, Haunted Castle

[also i forget the name of the map that probably got canceled because to press a button in a tiny shed is a major chokepoint, then go blow up an underground generator and finally an AA gun at the end, but bring back that one]

Add: 

Seawall Battery, Frostbite

Maps I always hear people asking for:

Cortex, Railgun

Looks cool & I've never played: WTC Heist, UJE Airport

On the issue of Minas being asked for when its gone and downvoted when its here: 

Yeah, I kinda miss it

Could do without:

Haunted Mansion, Braundorf, Bremen, Adlersnest

Heavily one sided maps that shouldn't be here either:

Supplydepot, Goldrush, Teuthonia

Unrealistic, but still please remove:

Baserace

Oh, and thanks for not bringing back:

Subway

Smoke weed: 

Everyday

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Platinum VIP

Can we consider removing ET Beach for a bit?? It's not a server killer, just a personal request.

Bring back Kerkyra or however it's spelled lol

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, BreakDown said:

After perusing http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/downloads/viewcategory/15-et-maps

Break's suggestions for what they are worth..

Bring back:

Kerkyra, MLB Hotchkiss, Riverport, Tram2, Haunted Castle

[also i forget the name of the map that probably got canceled because to press a button in a tiny shed is a major chokepoint, then go blow up an underground generator and finally an AA gun at the end, but bring back that one]

Hotchkiss is the one in the warehouses/railyards and ends with blowing up a rocket?? If so, heck yeah!

No on the Tram map though, for me

Add: 

Seawall Battery, Frostbite

Maps I always hear people asking for:

Cortex, Railgun

Battery, Frostbite and Railgun are too small for a server that usually has well over 30 players. 

Those work better on Jay 2 and are/have been on there

Cortex is a HUGE server killer and the Axis gets pinned in spawn too often

Looks cool & I've never played: WTC Heist, UJE Airport

On the issue of Minas being asked for when its gone and downvoted when its here: 

Yeah, I kinda miss it

Minas should see a week for every month! :)

Could do without:

Haunted Mansion, Braundorf, Bremen, Adlersnest

Heavily one sided maps that shouldn't be here either:

Supplydepot, Goldrush, Teuthonia

Unrealistic, but still please remove:

Baserace

Oh, and thanks for not bringing back:

Subway

+1

Smoke weed: 

Everyday

+10000

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What i have noticed lately on jay1, when the server is highly populated the map rotation is very narrow. It feels like we are playing 5 same maps all the time.

So id say we add more large maps that can run when server is full. Here's few good large maps to add:

+ Kerkyra

+ Eagles 2 ways

+ MLB Hotchkiss

+ Saberpeak

+ River port

And maps to remove:

- Decay

- =F|A= Temple

• 100 4

i have a real solution to the lack of map updates that will require a few hours work once 

if no one else can be trusted to create a new campaign file then perhaps  @daredevil could create 4 or more of them all with the same name each including all the regular maps and 2 -3 newer ones 
then they could be rotated around each week or fortnight or monthly 
surely there is someone in your clan that is capable of removing 1 campaign file and replacing with another once per month without breaking the server
this takes a small amount of work once then there can be fresh maps on the server more often

this is required i think because of the campaign nature of jaymod  "newer" maps like haunted mansion minas  etc. get stale fast and tend to kill the server when overplayed
ive seen the server go from 30+ players to 8 or less when an unpopular map like haunted mansion comes on yet again

• 100 3