ET Server Suggestion Jay1 map rotation suggestions

daredevil
Message added by daredevil

Format - 

Add Map -> Map name  + URL to download the map - if not in our download section, upload and share URL.
Remove map -> Map name

Can provide multiple add/remove maps in same post.

@MikeSlayer  He already implemented your suggested idea last year, but somehow he doesn't have time. With kid and some other RL issues which actually need pvt time.

back @topic

Maps to be removed:

1) Et Beach :-  Replace this with Eagles_2way_b3

2) Suplydepot  = Replace with Frostbite with single jump or make Supply depot single jump for fair gameplay. 

Maps to add:- 

1)kerkyra  = Spawn time needed to be fixed   8secs. Axis  / 12secs. Allies. 

2) River port =

3)  MLB Hotchkiss = za

• Like 3
  • 100 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Add:

Stalingrad - https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/135-stalingrad-stalingradpk3-and-waypoints/

MLB Egpyt - https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/1787-mlb_egypt_fixed-and-waypoints/

Ruins of Acquiesce - https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/405-ruins-of-acquiesce-ruins23pk3-and-waypoints/

Eagles - https://et.trackbase.net/map/69/

Raiders - https://et.trackbase.net/map/167/

Would love if we could get more frequent map rotation, even if a map is only on for a short while. The same maps over and over get boring. Thanks!

Edited by bell reavue
  • Like 3
  • 100 3

There are so many good map suggestions here! I hope we can implement them.

My personal favorites are Minas, Eagles, Egypt, Hotchkiss, Castle Attack and many others.

I have been away from the server for 6 months, I came back recently and noticed that the map rotation is almost entirely the same as 6 months ago and became very disappointed. We need to be careful not to get stuck ~ time changes and so should the server.

• Like 5
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, Lagging Noob said:

i concur and support the idea: Minas Tirith would be some nice and fresh air to Jay 1

Are you new?

On 9/4/2023 at 3:24 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

Are you new?

I'm still pretty new to the forum 😀

I do remember Minas was mentioned in an earlier post but dismissed as it was driving players away. I just can't imagine it can be worse than some of the maps in the current rotation like BBA and UJE00 to mention a few.

• Platinum VIP
45 minutes ago, Lagging Noob said:

I'm still pretty new to the forum 😀

I do remember Minas was mentioned in an earlier post but dismissed as it was driving players away. I just can't imagine it can be worse than some of the maps in the current rotation like BBA and UJE00 to mention a few.

BBA is not driving people away. Minas comes and goes regularly.  For a short time it's welcomed but then it sends people into spec and gets more downvotes

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

BBA is not driving people away. Minas comes and goes regularly.  For a short time it's welcomed but then it sends people into spec and gets more downvotes

I will have to trust your experience on this one.

Anyhow, players were recently craving for some changes, and Minas was mentioned a lot. Maybe an idea could be to increase adoption by requesting players to come to a forum poll or something.

At last, the reception of a map can also be influenced by the game parameters independent of the map, such as game time and each team reinforcement time; to that perspective, time extension like in Egypt or in Capuzzo are so spot-on (although not sure these time extension parameter is not embedded in the map, so could be a wrong exemple🙄). I remember back in the days, some servers ran Minas with 1 hour game time, which could easily lead to people exhaustion if the game is not balanced appropriately and stuck in the initial stage.

My two cents.

On 8/28/2023 at 2:12 PM, tyrlop said:

I have been away from the server for 6 months, I came back recently and noticed that the map rotation is almost entirely the same as 6 months ago and became very disappointed. 

As you had your business of being away for 6 months for xyz reasons, I assume server owner can also have his personal issues to resolve and possibly couldn't find time to please us with map rotation change.  So as you linger to your disappointment, It's my humble request to have more patience and understand other people's problems as well.  

• 100 3

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Lagging Noob said:

I will have to trust your experience on this one.

Anyhow, players were recently craving for some changes, and Minas was mentioned a lot. Maybe an idea could be to increase adoption by requesting players to come to a forum poll or something.

At last, the reception of a map can also be influenced by the game parameters independent of the map, such as game time and each team reinforcement time; to that perspective, time extension like in Egypt or in Capuzzo are so spot-on (although not sure these time extension parameter is not embedded in the map, so could be a wrong exemple🙄). I remember back in the days, some servers ran Minas with 1 hour game time, which could easily lead to people exhaustion if the game is not balanced appropriately and stuck in the initial stage.

My two cents.

A better idea would be more than 1 rotation and switch them every week or so

• 100 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

A better idea would be more than 1 rotation and switch them every week or so

DD have that ready, need to implement it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • 100 1