farawell to xfire client, better get your screenshots downloaded!

Unknown

Yeah sad...

Any ideas for xfire replacement?
I guess we'll have to stick with ts3/steam atm...

I have to admit, the first words out of my mouth were "Good riddance".

Yeah, it's kinda nice to have around- and it can come in handy... but the performance cost of it had me using the Raptr client instead of XFire itself. It's a shame that we're losing a platform for communication though.

Maybe =F|A= should open up a freenode IRC server. I've always liked chatting on those :D

• Like 2

Can't say I didnt see it coming...I mean in the recent years it went from a tutorial, download files, chat with friends to mainly tournament style forums. I mean last couple months I had a hard time shifting thru their website just to find the client download lol

Meh saddest me to see this day coming, tho i can't say it was unexpected, but still it was a decent chatting program which i actually used throughout all these years, specially with some old buddies this was the only way we would get back in contacts. Will be even more crappy as u wont really be able to talk to any of them anymore if they wont use any other programs such as Steam or Skype, which both for me aren't really that decent, as MSN for instance was, but i guess we will just have to get used to it.

Edited by Aniky

Well that's a blow to the gaming world. Then again, Xfire hadn't been the same for a few years. I remember back in the day when sin got me using it you could track cool shit like kdr, weapons and other shit for wolfenstein.

Then they changed the design all up and their focus shifted. Xfire itself got pretty damn polluted over the years. Sucks especially for the admin side at the moment, because that was a good way to get a hold of dudes with ban.

RIP xfire

its a shame to see it go, but it was predictable with the current direction the platform is headed since they switched the ownership of the company.

Still rocking the old theme since whenever i downloaded it, and i will probably miss it in some way shape or form but time to move on.

The biggest issue I currently have is not to have xfire ingame for some games as i dont want to link them to steam, as many games require you to sign in to steam to play them.

oh well...

So, what are we going to use to replace?  Not everyone is on Teamspeak or Steam....It's always nice to be able to ping someone if you need them, or for players to get to an admin.

• Like 1

What a pitty! Anybody got a suggestion how to shortcut connect with my favourite FA servers? Sad to lose contact with all those guys...

use et shortcut with +connect ip e.g. "D:\Gry\Enemy Territory\ET.exe" +connect 178.63.72.133:27960

• Like 1