ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

@daredevil asked me to create a poll about adrenaline on JAY2.

The first question is only for admins and regular players on JAY2.

The second and third questions are intended for players of ET server running JAYMOD but all ET players are welcome to answer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, the cake is a lie said:

@daredevil asked me to create a poll about adrenaline on JAY2.

The first question is only for admins and regular players on JAY2.

The second and third questions are intended for players of ET server running JAYMOD but all ET players are welcome to answer.

Quick question. As it stands now, with adren, do headshots not count as much?

The way adrenaline currently works in JAYMOD is that all damage you would take is reduced by 50% whether from a headshot, dynamite, panzer, falling, etc.

The server first calculates how much damage you would normally 'take' from an attack and then cuts it in half here in g_combat.cpp:

// adrenaline junkie!
if( targ->client && targ->client->ps.powerups[PW_ADRENALINE] ) {
	take = int( take * 0.5f );
}

Edited by the cake is a lie
added code reference
  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1

• Administrators

Adrenaline should be available in below cases if you are planning to add features:

1. For first 3 sec after spawn time to move out - all classes Except medic - since medica can heal themselves.

2. For Engineer near obj area only to provide help for completing (attack/defend) obj. 

Also current vote somehow, I feel is confusing: Goal was simple and we can always create X Polls, to keep it all separate and easily trackable. Let's not merge everything or else it will become discussion back and forth and no action taken.

Vote for Jay2 Regulars and members only - 

A. Yes - Ok to remove adrenaline

B. No - We need adrenaline and hence I play on Jay2. 

C. I don't care - either or works for me. 

Only 3 options - plain and simple. Once We have majority for (A) - We remove adren for 2-3 weeks on server and monitor feedback on server because not everyone will be on forums playing on server. If no issues, we make the setting permanent.

Thanks

• 100 1

For me at least, the goal was to understand not just the preferences of the very few people who already play regularly on JAY2 but to design a poll that helps to understand the seemingly gigantic preference people have for JAY1 over JAY2. I also wanted to understand what people like or don't like about how adrenaline currently works towards potentially improving it in the future. While a single, admittedly simpler one question poll would answer the first question, I'd like to know more.

For those completing the poll who are regulars on JAY2 with limited reading comprehension in English I think the first question is clear enough. If they are confused by the 2nd and 3rd questions that hopefully won't impact their answers to the 1st question.

If you don't think this poll will also collect the information you were interested in, feel free to delete it and create one more to your liking. Otherwise, I don't see any harm in collecting more data to clearly understand the player feelings about the adrenaline game mechanic and usage of JAY2  in general.

Edited by the cake is a lie
typos
  • 100 1

i think it should just be for medic like it us to be and only gives you a stamina boost nothing as  when did it start to  add  damage reduction that just sounds like nonsense that doesn't belong on ET you start add things in like that you  might as well add in armor station were you can pick that up to  lol 

Edited by *Kiba*

• Administrators

Have added another poll under suggestion section and edited current one to separate both. This way, we can have separate poll - one for Jay2 where the discussion started and another overall with adrenaline related one. 

I was a jay2 regular for some time.

Main reason for me not play so much these days is the fact that it's usually populated for 2/3 maps and then dies. You can't reliably play against humans everyday. 

Players leave for a number of reasons -

- Maps that nobody cares about (get rid of Alcatraz already);

- Stacked teams (doesn't always happen to be fair, admins do a good job);

- There's only one very good player on server that nobody can kill (adrenaline makes this worse);

Getting rid of adrenaline would be a good step if you ask me, personally I think it's fun but it's doing the server no good. 

• Platinum VIP

I'm mostly play on Beg#2 just because it's my favourite server (and has good ping and matches my skills (some how)).

• Like 1

i dont see where drens that big a deal. i wouldnt mind tho seeing it taken away from medics .. it then could force more team work. wouldnt tho taking away dren make u also have to  lower damage  or how ever it needs be .. on  say heavy weapons  if u just take out dren its gonna make soldat class godly.

if i wanted to play at jay1 id go to jay1. i like jay2.

to be honest tho i mostly play exclusively at jay2  becuz of my friends i have alot of old friends that play there alot of us have been playing et  together for over 15yrs.. i dont play et cuz i take it seriously i like to relax unwind have fun. i like the smaller 5v5 8v8 not a fan of 15v15 20v20 et.

id be ok testing it tho just to see if  it makes any diff . on population .

we already voted on this yrs back..  i liked el!s response on that poll best.  but i cant find the old topic. and we voted to keep dren .

i like having that dren so i can kill cake or phantom there very good an dren does come in useful against them.

im up for making the server better anyway possible . an if the majority think  drens the issue then by all means take it away.

my suggestion would be take it away from medics. and do what ever needs be done to make  heavy weapons not so godly.

as far as maps go there will always be one map u dont like . its just gonna happen. i agree alcatraz needs to go.lol not good for server. and castle  too no one likes em. but communicating  on map topics will help limit that ..

i see the negative nancies  kill server faster than anything else . people like rambouk and barabass. just kill the chill relax have fun vibe.

as far as the poll goes id vote B on what dare posted.

• Like 2

11.png.ac9c1a543113f6d6547f77dc8ff0aec4.png

Even though I didn't use adrenaline in jay2, I was insulted many times.  Adrenaline can be remove out if I'm going to get rid of this bullshit..

I guess I should use adrenaline from now on!

-------

According to my experience watching the users, 20 out of 30 people use adrenaline and enjoy it . That makes about 60 - 70% (It's not an exact number!) 

I think removing adrenaline will be a disappointment for people. (but I don't care) - The few number of real human players causes loss of players. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

3 minutes ago, mehmet said:

11.png.ac9c1a543113f6d6547f77dc8ff0aec4.png

Even though I didn't use adrenaline in jay2, I was insulted many times.  Adrenaline can be remove out if I'm going to get rid of this bullshit..

I guess I should use adrenaline from now on!

-------

According to my experience watching the users, 20 out of 30 people use adrenaline and enjoy it . That makes about 60 - 70% (It's not an exact number!) 

I think removing adrenaline will be a disappointment for people. (but I don't care) - The few number of real human players causes loss of players. 

some people really let this game go to there head ..

• 100 3

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, the cake is a lie said:

The way adrenaline currently works in JAYMOD is that all damage you would take is reduced by 50% whether from a headshot, dynamite, panzer, falling, etc.

The server first calculates how much damage you would normally 'take' from an attack and then cuts it in half here in g_combat.cpp:

// adrenaline junkie!
if( targ->client && targ->client->ps.powerups[PW_ADRENALINE] ) {
	take = int( take * 0.5f );
}

Couldn't find the piece of code that calculates for headshot damage but I know from experience that headshot damage is not reduced. 

• Thanks 1
  • 100 2

I think just remove it, adren sucks  👎👅🍀

There are now a few players who dont use it but, there are also plenty of adren abusers, which in my humble opinion does tend to ruin the game, especially sub 30pc acc players (

If, for instance your playing engi, you cant use it because if you do, you cant plant or fix, and coming up against an adren using med, its quite frustrating

Ive also specced meds who use adren, take damage and cant heal themselves ( ah bless ) so they self kill

These and many other reasons, so for me no, no adren plz 😛

Edited by iOmen
  • 100 1

Adren effect should be normal adren effect. Jay1 has fast charge time but i don’t think jay2 does. if that’s the case, i play there periodically hence the influx of people on jay1. I don’t mind adren, people just know how to take advantage which comes with game sense and that’s fine, maybe just lower charge time then?

+ I want to add, people say adren sucks.. okay. Jay2 has adren, Jay1 has poison knives. I think it adds character to the server. It’s a nice change it being the only other jaymod NA server we have. Both these servers have characteristics they’re known for. I say keep them.

Edited by bLade.
  • Like 2
  • 100 1