ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, Meatface said:

I try not to use it depending on gameplay, but when a medic camps the spawn and can self heal what do you expect people to do in most cases when they are frustrated by a selfish individual? Lets level the playing field for Medics and get rid of the self healing system. I bet you would see a decline of gogo juice and gameplay would be more team oriented. Just a thought.

Sidenote. On the Buffalo Bills message board, there was a Moderator who went by the user name Meathead with that same Avatar. He was very much a beloved part of that board. 2 months ago, he died from an incurable ,rare, deteriorative disease. Your  post just gave me a little shock, seeing your name and avatar

Screenshot_20220506_055246.png

6 hours ago, Meatface said:

I would actually like to see it where medics cant self heal and encourage players to play other classes and move the objectives more.

If more medics would do their jobs and heal t he players on their team, this wouldn't be a thought. In scrims, medics typically follow Engi's to heal/revive them when going after CP's, planting dyno, etc. So being able to self-heal is vital.

Medics self-healing is a part of the core skills in the game. It takes advancing in levels to have the ability to fully heal.

Adren is an add on. There's a difference. You'd lose a crap ton of players if you took self-heal away on "Fun" mod servers - which is what all the FA servers are. 

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Surprise 1

I've always play on jay2, since im back ( like 1 month ) i'm on jay1 because jay2 is dead and the main reason why is was playing on jay 2 was the adren

So please don't delete it ! If you want play without adren go on jay 1 ! 

My opinion is to don't delete it, maybe reduce damage 50% to 25% yes its a good idea, nerf it but don't delete it.

If you think its the only solution to get more player go for it, but its a part of the server since i know it and why i love it so much.

Like what, if you delete it and player want to play with adren they need to go on beginner server with fast shoot ?

Anyway whatever we do, we have always people who disagree . So, do what you think is the best for the server.

My vote is B , adren stay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2

oh plz @-=HipKat=- u  crack me up . 

i like the comments. no self heal  as medic  theirs a great idea. but then again 2 medics can heal each other.

an @iOmen sure sounds alot like your dad did he hated dren.thats spot on  what he would say.

@HOTSPUR nailed it.jay2 is jay2 not jay1.

an so on jay2 all dren does is make u run faster for 10sec.   only time i ever see this being a issue aside from hipkat blurting out how he got pwned on jay2.lol is 50 acc  plus guys dont like it when u pwn them with dren .these seem to only ever be the ones with a issue.

i my self have  been accused of dren use so much  it just makes me crack up.. no u just lost the battle.

the way it is now if i dont want to use dren i dont if i do i do.  like el! always says if u dont like it dont use it.  i doubt this one setting is what kills the server.  i could break it down for u but i would just come off as a ass an some of u would just get pissed at me. cuz the truth hurts.

i  think that this dren topic .. should be discussed amoungst us admin. an if we can agree maybe just take it off for a month to see how it goes. im not gonna not play at jay2 cuz drens off or on.dren makes no diff to me. in et. like ive always said a hs is a hs...

want to make the server  good  make it friendly get rid of the dicks on the server and it would fillup more. to many times ive seen the eggos get the best of full grown ass men in a dam game . if your going 130 kills too 3 death  u should probably  be on the other team. or atlest on team down a player.

• Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP

In the end I don't think adre will make or break the server. The settings on jay2 are really nice and the maps are good as well (last time I was active). For me, adre doesn't matter. If the server has it I will use it, if the server doesn't have it I will not use it. Regardless, I won't join a server for the sole reason of the server having adre enabled nor will I leave a server for that reason. I kinda doubt that it will be different for most people. 

Looking at the results of the polls so far there is not a big difference between the amount of people that avoid Jay2 because of adre and the amount of people that want adre to stay as it is, so once again, just like always, you will never make everyone happy. Regardless, that doesn't mean that for that reason we do nothing at all. It's our job to make the server the most enjoyable for the largest amount of people, and to create an environment that is unique and distinguishable from other servers, making people want to come back again and again rather than move to a different server with the exact same feeling that maybe has more players or whatnot.

For me personally, I have no issues with adre, because headshot damage isn't affected, however, I also understand that most people don't net 2+ headshots per kill and killing someone with just bodyshots while they are using adren is... a tall order, to say the least. This basically means that the skillgaps become even bigger as people who aim less well will be the most affected by adre users while good aimers will often not even feel the difference. It's one of the things that make me like Jay2 even a bit more because it also makes the splash damage less of a factor while on Jay1 I feel I need to change my playstyle because of all the splash damage. 

19 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That's because you use it often. I'd challenge you to NOT use it for a day/week/whatever and get a feel for why people who are against it, a feel - not just a guess or a map off from it and I offer that to everyone who can't play without it. People who spawn and as their running out, are hitting themselves with dren, every time they spawn

If you handicap yourself by not using the tools provided for you then you are going to feel... handicapped. No surprise there. I don't see the point you are trying to make at all. 

19 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The issue isn't that Adren or Poison knives exist, it's that people abuse them. They're like Adren/Knife spammers which is not much different than Arty spammers, etc

I am trying to understand what you mean with "abuse". I don't know the exact times but I think adre lasts maybe between 5-10 seconds and the recharge takes probably closer to 40 seconds or so? Maybe near a minute? In the end it's literally impossible to spend the majority of the time on adre and if you want to wait each time until you have fully recharge before you engage in combat again you won't see much combat by the end of the map. 

15 hours ago, Meatface said:

Lets level the playing field for Medics and get rid of the self healing system. I bet you would see a decline of gogo juice and gameplay would be more team oriented. Just a thought.

The only thing I can see happening fromm this is a further decrease in players. If we have come to the point where we need to disable core game mechanics to try to enforce a certain style of playing (team/objective based) maybe it is time to reconsider if this is actually what our players want.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:21 AM, iOmen said:

Ive also specced meds who use adren, take damage and cant heal themselves ( ah bless ) so they self kill

Unless Jay2 has a different setting than I remember selfkilling won't isntantly recharge your bar, so even if they selfkill they will be "vulnerable" on their next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been thinking if decreasing the bodyshot damage would be a good option and if so to what value but I think that the best solution to at least try out is to remove damage reduction as a whole and make it so the only use of it is to increase stamina, I would still gladly use it personally. Will it make good players with dren easier to kill: Yes. Will it make it easier to be killed by good players when you use dren? Yes. So the change will probably not have too much of a drastic effect, tho I suppose it will make the largest amount of people happy

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

oh plz @-=HipKat=- u  crack me up . 

i like the comments. no self heal  as medic  theirs a great idea. but then again 2 medics can heal each other.

an @iOmen sure sounds alot like your dad did he hated dren.thats spot on  what he would say.

@HOTSPUR nailed it.jay2 is jay2 not jay1.

Adren does not just make you run faster for 10 seconds. It makes you move faster so that it’s easier to not get hit and it reduces your damage which means that would it really does is it makes it harder for you to get killed.

It’s OK though, I’m used to people who use it all the time, minimizing what it really does but the truth is it makes it harder for you to die. Unless the person firing at you gets all head shots.

and like I said before for new players or less skilled players I think it’s a great idea so that they can compete with better players. I only real problem with it are high skilled players that use it.

Regardless, if it’s there or not there it’s not gonna change whether I play on the server or not. When people say just go to Jay 1, that’s like saying just go to Spain from the Netherlands. Jay 1 is not the same as Jay 2 so going to that server isn’t just escaping adren. It’s going to a whole different game style.

I don’t know what you mean by egos  cause I don’t really see that. If you wanna see ego, go to Jay 1. J2 is where we go to escape the egos

at the end of the day, this is obviously a topic that many people are passionate about and have an opinion about, either one way or the other. It’s still just a game.

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP

@Dest!Ny

I thought I explained it pretty well and I did again in my last post, concerning spammers. That’s people with high skill using it so that it’s even more difficult for them to get killed. To me, my opinion, that is a form of spam because when you watch them every time they have the ability to recharge they hit themselves with more adrenaline. It fades, they hit themselves again as long as they’re able to. 

The other thing you mentioned was not using it for a while, specifically just to see some perspective from the other side of the coin. People like me and @iOmen and others who never use it.

21 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

The issue isn't that Adren or Poison knives exist, it's that people abuse them.

I don't see how dren can be "abused."

There is a wait period before it can be used again. And as @Dest!Ny pointed out, self-kill doesn't recharge it. 

Do you mean you think people use it more often than they should?

Edited by Gameplan
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

Ive read most of his post so yeah )

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

an so on jay2 all dren does is make u run faster for 10sec

And alot harder to hit unless at close range, I dont about all these server settings cg's n stuff but this 3hs kill isnt true either, unless range is an issue, Ive hit guys with 3hs and they still survive, but that is medium to long range so I dont know, does that make a difference?

• 100 1

12 minutes ago, iOmen said:

And alot harder to hit unless at close range, I dont about all these server settings cg's n stuff but this 3hs kill isnt true either, unless range is an issue, Ive hit guys with 3hs and they still survive, but that is medium to long range so I dont know, does that make a difference?

depending on the distance.. can take up to something like 14 hs.. close distance you should be fine with 3.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

@Dest!Ny

I thought I explained it pretty well and I did again in my last post, concerning spammers. That’s people with high skill using it so that it’s even more difficult for them to get killed. To me, my opinion, that is a form of spam because when you watch them every time they have the ability to recharge they hit themselves with more adrenaline. It fades, they hit themselves again as long as they’re able to. 

The other thing you mentioned was not using it for a while, specifically just to see some perspective from the other side of the coin. People like me and @iOmen and others who never use it.

I guess I understand what you are explaining, I just personally don't see that as "abuse". 

About the other thing, yea, I understand that if you are not willing to use something that will give you an advantage, that you will be at a disadvantage because of that. I don't need to test it out to know that it will feel shitty to be in that situation. However, the only person putting you in that position is yourself. The server setting is there and it's for everyone to use, nobody excluded. If the setting would only give a select amount of people an advantage I could agree with your point but the only reason why people are not using adren is because they themselves choose not to, and for that I cannot give you a solution

• Like 1
  • 100 4

An age old question concerning adrenaline in ET, you'll never win or lose with this topic, just gets all political. 

• Like 3
  • 100 3

• Platinum VIP
14 hours ago, Gameplan said:

Do you mean you think people use it more often than they should?

@Dest!Ny @Gameplan Maybe "abuse" is too string a word, but yes, it's like Arty spamming on Jay 1. Every time the ability to drop airstrikes is recharged. I see it speccing some people who use dren. Everytime they recharge, they take a shot.

The server setting is there and it's for everyone to use, nobody excluded. If the setting would only give a select amount of people an advantage I could agree with your point but the only reason why people are not using adren is because they themselves choose not to, and for that I cannot give you a solution

I understand that. I'm not advocating for imaginary settings changes. It's just about moral decisions. Plus, I started out in ET playing on ETPro servers so it's just in my DNA to not use advantages other than your CFG, devices and skills

@iOmen Umm, who's your dad?

13 hours ago, iOmen said:

there must be an echo in here 2 posts the same D

I've had posts taking a long time to save. If that happens, just refresh and it's probably posted, but copy your post, just in case

@iOmen yes at certain distances math becomes a factor u dont do the same damage as up close. come on u know this.!!!!!

i played 3 maps yesterday used dren only on one map... really made no diff. .......... i only really ever  use it when i feel its needed or i play med. cuz its very needed then.

@Valk spot on bud so true.

@Dest!Ny loved it!!!!

dren doesnt become a issue for me till some one just starts running off at the mouth in open chat on server then it becomes a issue. @-=HipKat=- ive been pmed on your banter on server many times.

we are infact beating  a dead horse here we already  had this poll like 4 or 5 yrs ago. an we decided to keep dren.

at the end of the day the average age  in this topic is what at lest 25   .. its a game.. have fun play die respawn repeat. stop comparing open pub et to scrims. not even the same kinda game.

i also deal with alot of people not getting along .. u dont see it cuz i am a admin.      but i ply mister peace keeper alot more than you will ever know. this is the Eggo part. 

@-=HipKat=- as we dont always get along.. times have changed things  we used to be good friends i will always respect you for the et passion u have... remember tho bud your just a player like the rest of us. and it takes us all to have fun good games. lets just have fun an agree to disagree.

i am gonna stick by my guns on this.. highly doubt dren has alot to do with why people dont play jay2. hell 10 yrs ago i wouldnt touch a jaymod server was to dam easy......... but hey that was 10 yrs ago.

and i owmens dad was  db_inked aka  fa carano aka fa probl3m.  his real names mike . good dude.! very skilled eter.

an to debate et even further . et wasnt originally coded for doublejump  or unlimited lives. these are also addons.

lets just work to gether to have fun .relaxing atmosphere on jay2.  teamwork makes the dream work. leave our opinions at the door. this will make more people want to play. at jay2.

• Like 1
  • 100 5