ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

10 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

yes at certain distances math becomes a factor u dont do the same damage as up close. come on u know this.!!!!!

Sry I thought a hs was a hs (

Btw whats the point to this post? 

Has jay1 and jay2 got the same map pool's, I was wondering if it's just more then the adrenaline side of things within the server settings.

1 hour ago, Valk said:

Has jay1 and jay2 got the same map pool's, I was wondering if it's just more then the adrenaline side of things within the server settings.

no .

11 hours ago, iOmen said:

Sry I thought a hs was a hs (

Btw whats the point to this post? 

i just thought it would be obvious with your play style on jay2 that u know what damage at what distance. up close a hs is a hs .all day.

2 hours ago, Valk said:

I reckon they just need to get rid of the damage reduction.

A bit like silent1 is to beg2, no adrenaline and no double jump. The double jump on jay2 could go as well for all I care.. 

Love the server as it is... changing it would not be as fun as you think.

Another Jay1 ? 

Some player with high ping like me rely on the adren to play and survive a bit to kill.

And usually those who join Jay2 doesn't feel bad about the adren, i mean less than people on jay1 complaining about panzer mortar and the deadly rnade.

Cheers  for  doing the pole.

• Like 1
  • 100 6

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, Valk said:

There are some maps that are the same on each server and some that are different

This is a pointless poll, adren users want to keep it, non adren users dont and the non regulars couldnt care less if its on or off

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I think jay 2 should b3 left alone it's fine as it is. I'd rather 10v10 than 20v20 anyway .

I think jay 2 for setting/gameplay is the best server.

Edited by HOTSPUR
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 4

On 5/9/2022 at 10:39 PM, HOTSPUR said:

I think jay 2 should b3 left alone it's fine as it is. I'd rather 10v10 than 20v20 anyway .

I think jay 2 for setting/gameplay is the best server.

totally agree !!!.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I'd take the poll but I have to put this  red needle into my arm first...  

In all seriousness it would RUIN Jay 2 if you take away adren and you'd probably lose a regular...me... Adren isn't just for fights, it's also for getting obj, running past stacked teams, etc... Adren has more uses than people acknowledge. Sometimes you need adren to cut through people or avoid them or to get a obj to a boat... Yes, it might make people harder to hit, and it might take off damage points (I think it does...?) But without it Jay 2 would be ruined. Jay 2 is relatively small teams , aggressive battles, running, objective driven. How is an engineer supposed to run past 4 medics, an engineer covering barrier, a MG in the courtyard with a bawt on it, and jump onto a tank across from an axis spawn with axis with spawn shields and arty being called all at once...without adren? How are you supposed to escape a bank without it? 

Servers without adren can make the obj next to impossible... and it's just Jay2 it's not like it's a bunch of pros there... LEAVE IT..honestly if it goes I might too...Jay 2 regulars know how often I make it to the obj and yeah... I juice to do it... and I probably couldn't even pull it off without it sometimes.

If you don't want to use it, then don't...if you think it gives me an advantage then just use it...it's fair game...if I can kill you on or off adren then it's still a fight...and if you can't kill me on adren then obviously you still can't win the fight... It's fair game if EVERYONE can use it...and it makes for some epic games. Anyone that is a regular on Jay 2 has seen epic brawls full of adren, medics, jumping, crouching, proning, insane engies running for tanks... why take that away? If you rid Jay 2 of adren you are ruining a server.... regulars should know this. 

If it goes again I will probably too and I think alot of Jay 2 players will go with me. Stop crying about it, use it or don't but if it's allowed it's allowed. Why cry about it? Why act all macho and weird about it...if it gives an advantage just use it... there's plenty of servers that don't have adren... FA servers even... why ruin Jay 2?  When in Rome... act like the Romans, no one cares about your elitist macho attitude to non-adren...if you want to play against people and boost how awesome you are off it then go ahead...but if you start dying don't cry about it... 
and if you don't juice to get that one guy that you can't get off juice then don't moan about the server rules...just put the needle in your arm and prove your point... or play somewhere else... Jay 2 regulars adren, lots of them do... so if you go there, you'll encounter that...if take adren away you may lose alot of your regulars and you won't be playing against anyone anyways...Plenty of servers out there so why ruin Jay 2?

Most these guys just moan about players they can't kill, especially if on the juice but are too macho and "alpha" in their minds to juice their selves... it gets tiring, why entitle these people to server changes? Jay 2 works the way it is and its FUN one of the most fun servers... this is a tired and old debate...This is more about EGO than it is a technical debate... everyone can use it, everyone can have the same advantage, it should stay... There's no technical reason why it should go...so stop moaning about it.  It's part of server, everyone has the same advantage.... there is NO REAL REASON it should go...

Edited by spectator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 4

@spectator has said pretty much everything I wanted to say.

Also Destiny touched on a really good point earlier, decent players would still be decent without adrenaline and that seems to be an idea that people just can't wrap their heads around. I've gone sessions without adrenaline to see if people like Hipkat had a point and I still had no issue getting fragger. I'm sure it makes it easier for other players to survive longer too. 

Hipkat - I started on ETPro as well, so did many other adren users and adren avoiders. It's irrelevant.

Gameplan mentioned it earlier too but adrenaline massively helps objective players. I don't think it's the same video as spectator's but we played a game recently on Teuthonia and there were like 3 medics, a flamer and an fg camping the bank. There's just no way we would have won that map without our team using adrenaline. 

The biggest issue here as pointed out by the poll isn't adrenaline use anyway, it's the lack of players on the server. Simple fix for that, lower the max player count for Jay1 so there are more redirects to Jay2. Server activity took a dive after the change to 60, whenever that was. Also cake - if you're adding more stuff to Jaymod, could you add more !war commands so it's possible to get gamedays on Jay2. That would drive activity to the server too. 🙃

Side question - when's CapTn getting Staff+ btw? He's the best admin and all round best guy on Jay2.

• Love 1
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 2

I'd be down to play jay2 more often if jay1 was limited to direct more players to jay2.  Still  100% in favor of making adren only keep the sprint recharged over reduced damage.  Multiple players using adren is usually the reason I refuse to play there unless it's just omnibots.

I've come across a lot of jay1 regulars that don't play there because of the adren, even though they think jay1 is overcrowded and would like to play the same mod.  So part of the reason jay2 draws less players is the fact that it has adren.  You might lose some players but gain more in the process.  There's other servers with adren they can play on.  jay1 is already overly crowded so fixing the adren mechanics would probably draw a lot more of the jay1 players when the server is full or just overly spammed.  So it could fix the over crowded jay1 server at the same time as drawing new players to jay2.

Also in favor or giving it to engi's only to improve objective play.  No issues with that at all.  Most of the medics I come across using adren are in no way playing objective.

• 100 3

9 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I'd be down to play jay2 more often if jay1 was limited to direct more players to jay2.  Still  100% in favor of making adren only keep the sprint recharged over reduced damage.  Multiple players using adren is usually the reason I refuse to play there unless it's just omnibots.

I've come across a lot of jay1 regulars that don't play there because of the adren, even though they think jay1 is overcrowded and would like to play the same mod.  So part of the reason jay2 draws less players is the fact that it has adren.  You might lose some players but gain more in the process.  There's other servers with adren they can play on.  jay1 is already overly crowded so fixing the adren mechanics would probably draw a lot more of the jay1 players when the server is full or just overly spammed.  So it could fix the over crowded jay1 server at the same time as drawing new players to jay2.

Also in favor or giving it to engi's only to improve objective play.  No issues with that at all.  Most of the medics I come across using adren are in no way playing objective.

But then surely we will just end up.with 2 over crowded servers?? I'm all for busy but to the point where u can't play I'm against. 

• 100 1