ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

25 minutes ago, nAbish said:

At this point, I would have to say it is definitely worth the shot. I'd hang around Jay2 if it wasn't dead all of the time. Jay2 was my favorite server when I first started playing with FA, you wouldn't ever see me on Jay1. Now I rarely join Jay2 just for a sec to check up. I'm open to trying almost anything at this point, considering paying for a server to sit empty.

Same, I basically quit playing there because of a few kids that would use adren every single time you ran into them.  They'd just leave spawn with their needle out and shoot up the second they were about to go into battle.

Before that it was relaxing, had a good atmosphere, and there were a lot of people playing there just to relax and play objective.  I feel those few players with the above mentioned playing style killed the server.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
6 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

Same, I basically quit playing there because of a few kids that would use adren every single time you ran into them.  They'd just leave spawn with their needle out and shoot up the second they were about to go into battle.

Before that it was relaxing, had a good atmosphere, and there were a lot of people playing there just to relax and play objective.  I feel those few players with the above mentioned playing style killed the server.

It did seem like it was pretty split on who did and didn't use 'dren and I don't really have an issue with 'dren by new players (Like, why would someone with you skill level, or El, etc even WANT to use dren? I'd think it would throw off your normal game style) or to get to an objective, but like you posted, when they spawn with needle in hand and inject it before the spawn shield runs out and then again as soon as it's re-charged, that is the very thing that gets me complaining about it. 

But all this is just talk until someone who has that level of access actually implements it. Give it two weeks, I promise, no one will leave FA servers forever

• Like 1
  • 100 1

12 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

After reading this thread i went on the server for the first time in years i guess. All in all the atmosphere was really relaxed and it was some calm objetive plays overall. Nontheless what really annoyed me personally were the above described players. Dodging every encounter to wait for the next load of juice, camping somewhere or running away when adre is on cooldown.
For my part i just cant find any valid reason for adre to be available. Just as poison nades and poison knives it's just another well meant but terribly poorly designed feature ET doesnt need.

• Like 1
  • 100 4

On 6/16/2022 at 9:32 PM, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

The 13% would play there because no adren, which would lead to more players for the 27.5% that want more players, which would lead to less omni's for the 14.49% that think their are too many.  Kind of killing 3 birds with one stone.

No, UP to 13% MAY play J2 if it is changed. Changing it doesn't mean they will leave their current server to play J2. But I'm all for experimenting to prove that hypothesis or disprove it.

• 100 1

For those comparing beg2 to jay2, there is a big difference:

On jay2 charge bar Is fully restored upon respawn which doesn't happen on beg2. 

This has huge effects as it turns the most games into a respawn + dren + rush kill that is repetitive and ruins the whole team play experience. This is exactly how, as an example delord plays, it's incredibly annoying.

Maybe get rid of the charge bar fully available at respawn and perhaps adrenaline players will have to be more conservative about its use. 

Edit: I think I have proposed this some 3 years ago when we had a similar discussion...

Edited by PHNTM
  • Like 3

• Platinum VIP

There are some great ideas in this thread;

• Adren for Engi's - improves objective-play
  • Altering the recharge bar - Limits 'dren "abusers", creating more balance between dren users and non-dren users
  • Lowering slots on Jay 1 to redirect more players to Jay 2 - automatically sends more people to the server

I can really get on board with these three, for sure but until someone who has the access to actually do these things gets involved, it's just lip-service. Just talk. If the server admins really want to see a (hopefully) radical change, it's an open invitation to join the discussion and give us their input/ideas/plans, etc

As far as lowering slots on Jay 1, the ET population is getting smaller. It's not like some years ago where hundreds and hundreds of people were playing the game at any given time

Edited by -=HipKat=-

On 6/21/2022 at 6:34 AM, -=HipKat=- said:

There are some great ideas in this thread;

• Adren for Engi's - improves objective-play
  • Altering the recharge bar - Limits 'dren "abusers", creating more balance between dren users and non-dren users
  • Lowering slots on Jay 1 to redirect more players to Jay 2 - automatically sends more people to the server

I can really get on board with these three, for sure but until someone who has the access to actually do these things gets involved, it's just lip-service. Just talk. If the server admins really want to see a (hopefully) radical change, it's an open invitation to join the discussion and give us their input/ideas/plans, etc

As far as lowering slots on Jay 1, the ET population is getting smaller. It's not like some years ago where hundreds and hundreds of people were playing the game at any given time

OMG, I'd be so overpowered with adrenaline as an engy. TBH, I never thought it was necessary but totally decked out medics require 4 headshots and that is tough to pull off consistently when you don't have a character that regens health.

I think another way to look at balance is to give /increase health regen for non medic classes or nerf the health regen of medics.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, knw said:

OMG, I'd be so overpowered with adrenaline as an engy.

Tbh it works exactly in that way on NQ servers, but with some modifications 😄 

The Adrenaline shot is very unique (as everything) on NoQuarter. (...) The adrenaline effects differ from other mods adrenaline - NoQuarter adrenaline lasts 10s, speeds you up by 25%, completely removes stamina usage and... that's it! No damage modifiers (more damage dealt or less received) or any other benefits. It can only be used once per lifetime, meaning that even if you resupply yourself with an ammo crate, you won't get extra adrenaline shots until you respawn.

I believe it's best compromise on this feature - it affects only speed, that is essential to engis, but they can still be shot like any other class. You can even spot, that player used adrenaline shot, by his red eyes, what gives you opportunity to adjust to his movement speed and predict his moves. Come to NQ1 and see how it works, maybe you'll agree with me or just it will just give you a idea how you would like it on jay servers :) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RaV137 said:

Tbh it works exactly in that way on NQ servers, but with some modifications 😄 

I believe it's best compromise on this feature - it affects only speed, that is essential to engis, but they can still be shot like any other class. You can even spot, that player used adrenaline shot, by his red eyes, what gives you opportunity to adjust to his movement speed and predict his moves. Come to NQ1 and see how it works, maybe you'll agree with me or just it will just give you a idea how you would like it on jay servers :) 

I will definitely check out NQ1 for it!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
19 minutes ago, knw said:

I will definitely check out NQ1 for it!

I used to go on in Q1 but there was a point where it was just dead all the time. I love the No Quarter MOD so if it’s populated again I might go on there also, same with Beginners 2. Seems like that one has a decent number of players

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I love the No Quarter MOD so if it’s populated again I might go on there also

NQ1 is populated everyday, just mostly evenings CET time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I used to go on in Q1 but there was a point where it was just dead all the time. I love the No Quarter MOD so if it’s populated again I might go on there also, same with Beginners 2. Seems like that one has a decent number of players

good times 😄 

211858-venice_ne4.thumb.jpg.2f25dbe040a8275e59fc94a521c3913b.jpg

On 6/19/2022 at 7:41 PM, Gameplan said:

No, UP to 13% MAY play J2 if it is changed. Changing it doesn't mean they will leave their current server to play J2. But I'm all for experimenting to prove that hypothesis or disprove it.

Sorry I wasn't clear, but I was speaking from an opinion pov, not matter of fact.

• Thanks 1

laughing everytime i read this. its peer BS ...u guys all act like jay2 has 50 players an now none cuz of dren.lol

dren has nothing to do with it. but  for all u guys .. id bewilling to do what we already have done. in past an thats take dren off for a month. just do it. @daredevilhell make it three months so we can really see.  i predict a spike in pop for 2 weeks then  back too normal. servers dead cuz we all lost interest in babysitting fullgrown ass men. we have no leaders.  et is old as hell....if it comes down to you guys saying we wasting money on jay2.  ill pay the server fee each month ...there problem solved.lol

hell i  can beat delord in 1v1 games  with out usuing dren once. adapted overcome. use there mind set against them. i love playing et with delord.

• 100 2