ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

2 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

laughing everytime i read this. its peer BS ...u guys all act like jay2 has 50 players an now none cuz of dren.lol

dren has nothing to do with it. but  for all u guys .. id bewilling to do what we already have done. in past an thats take dren off for a month. just do it. @daredevilhell make it three months so we can really see.  i predict a spike in pop for 2 weeks then  back too normal. servers dead cuz we all lost interest in babysitting fullgrown ass men. we have no leaders.  et is old as hell....if it comes down to you guys saying we wasting money on jay2.  ill pay the server fee each month ...there problem solved.lol

hell i  can beat delord in 1v1 games  with out usuing dren once. adapted overcome. use there mind set against them. i love playing et with delord.

Well, overflying this topic i see more people willingly to test jay2 with no adre than people leaving it because their beloved H wouldnt be available.

Babysitting and the necessarity for leaders is just plain wrong in my opinion. I havent seen any leader on NQ1 in ages and the server is overall wellmannered and easily handled by all the normal members around.

When i visited the server and played Jaymod for the fist time in years i drove over everybody, including you, on the server more or less easily without adre. I just cant find any valid point speaking for adre when you can have any of these duells without adre and forcing the abusers to play more team and objective focused at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I agree with just a test. Hadn't played in a month and just wanted to relax a little last night after a rough day but jay1 was full and 500/200kd, nothing I'm even remotely interested in playing rusty, and when I hopped on jay2, one of those annoying laggy children immediately changed his name to something lame about adren just to try and compare peepee's and it was pointless.  

Jay1 is popular for a reason, jay2's adren settings really kill that reason and I'm sure many who want to still play on an american jaymod server like myself don't play there because of that drastic and annoyimg change.

Only takes a few jay1 regs to switch over to jay2 at times for the ones who don't find it populated enough  to join suit.  A handful of those possible players never do or leave because of adren.

There's other populated FA adren servers to play on and then there's a dying server that's almost the same as the most popular one but with one huge flaw. 

If not jay2, then lower the slots there to drastically to cut costs and the very limited player count and clone jay1, a server so popular it's overpopulated. 

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

laughing everytime i read this. its peer BS ...u guys all act like jay2 has 50 players an now none cuz of dren.lol

dren has nothing to do with it. but  for all u guys .. id bewilling to do what we already have done. in past an thats take dren off for a month. just do it. @daredevilhell make it three months so we can really see.  i predict a spike in pop for 2 weeks then  back too normal. servers dead cuz we all lost interest in babysitting fullgrown ass men. we have no leaders.  et is old as hell....if it comes down to you guys saying we wasting money on jay2.  ill pay the server fee each month ...there problem solved.lol

hell i  can beat delord in 1v1 games  with out usuing dren once. adapted overcome. use there mind set against them. i love playing et with delord.

It's weird how some people admit they avoid Jay 2 because of Dren and you act like no one said it. Why do you try and attack other people's opinions, like only yours matters?
And everyone can beat anyone when they're using Dren. I can beat Delord too. Matter of fact, I can and have beaten you when you're using dren. What's your point?

With all due respect, but I just can't stand this "we have no leaders" thing.

If you wanna leader - be one. You don't have to be lvl 20, 19 or even 18. Every server has admins, who are "soul" of each server and a lot of them are not even lvl16. Have you tried to go and ask people to come to Jay2? Did you visit other servers and maybe tried encourage them to play there? I haven't seen even one message on Discord that you are playing on Jay2 and are looking for someone to play there with you. And I'm sure if you will ask real leader for help - he/she will help you. But expecting them to be all the time on server? Why? You don't need lvls 18+ on server all the time to make people play there.

Since I'm reading this topic I can't help but be impressed that you are not looking for players overall but for certain type of players. Who like this and that but can't do this and that and probably problem with Jay2 is laying in settings as well, but is it main Jay2 problem?

Just my my few cents after looking at the whole thing from the side, because like I said earlier - I am not jay2 regular.

• Like 1
  • 100 8

Ignoring the cringe "I can kill you while your using adrenaline" shit..

I agree with CapTn. He's has more than enough knowledge on the server to tell you we do need some form of high level leader who's at least active on the server. When Rendel was active, we had an increase in people. Right now there is no one above 16. Level 16 is the highest, Gameplan and CapTn. They are basically leaders at this point and they are the soul of the server. But what can you do when you're basically the highest level admin that cares about the server? It's the same reason I got pissed off cause in the end everything just falls on whoever has the highest admin level. Look at all those questions you asked and ask yourself why is that only CapTn's responsibility? I think some more high level admins would be good just to show people that F|A care about the server if nothing else. In fact not just leaders, someone mentioned NQ1 but look just how many F|A members there are to each player compared to Jay2. 

3 hours ago, yaku said:

Since I'm reading this topic I can't help but be impressed that you are not looking for players overall but for certain type of players. Who like this and that but can't do this and that and probably problem with Jay2 is laying in settings as well, but is it main Jay2 problem?

I don't understand what you mean by this and that's the reason I made this post, could you explain?

I also think that if we do the no dren test, we'll get a little spike in activity for a short time and people will get bored and go back to their spam fest on Jay1. But yea feel free to try it, I don't use it anymore anyway though I'd imagine quite a few of the regulars on the server who use dren but don't come on the forums wouldn't be happy. It just seems daft to me that rather than lower the Jay1 player count back to what it was, Jay2 needs the settings changed.

All I see right now is people singling out Delord and telling him no you can't play ET the way you want and have fun and now everyone hopping on CapTn like it's his responsibility to fix the server. That's pretty upsetting. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ElEl said:

Ignoring the cringe "I can kill you while your using adrenaline" shit..

I agree with CapTn. He's has more than enough knowledge on the server to tell you we do need some form of high level leader who's at least active on the server. When Rendel was active, we had an increase in people. Right now there is no one above 16. Level 16 is the highest, Gameplan and CapTn. They are basically leaders at this point and they are the soul of the server. But what can you do when you're basically the highest level admin that cares about the server? It's the same reason I got pissed off cause in the end everything just falls on whoever has the highest admin level. Look at all those questions you asked and ask yourself why is that only CapTn's responsibility? I think some more high level admins would be good just to show people that F|A care about the server if nothing else. In fact not just leaders, someone mentioned NQ1 but look just how many F|A members there are to each player compared to Jay2. 

I don't understand what you mean by this and that's the reason I made this post, could you explain?

I also think that if we do the no dren test, we'll get a little spike in activity for a short time and people will get bored and go back to their spam fest on Jay1. But yea feel free to try it, I don't use it anymore anyway though I'd imagine quite a few of the regulars on the server who use dren but don't come on the forums wouldn't be happy. It just seems daft to me that rather than lower the Jay1 player count back to what it was, Jay2 needs the settings changed.

All I see right now is people singling out Delord and telling him no you can't play ET the way you want and have fun and now everyone hopping on CapTn like it's his responsibility to fix the server. That's pretty upsetting. 

I think you took the so called "cringe" the wrong way. Its exactly not about the epenis size. No adre would mostly make the differences in kills/skill/whatever you call it... bigger compared to the ones using it when its gone. But the turn down for most players like myself is the playstyle that comes with it, not missing out freekills or whatever the f***.

Since NQ has quite a playerbase nowadays i dont see a big difference in players to admin ratio. When I played on jay2 we had 2-3 admins for the 8-10 players on the server. Should be about the same for NQ.

I personally dont get what would change with a lvl 20 leader being active on the server. Most players on the server dont even know which admin has which level. But maybe im just missing something.

Surely a possible playerbase peak after changes will flat down over time. But people like myself never play on Jay1 in the first place exactly because of the to be expected slugfest. But that's just my 2 cents.
Maybe jay2's problem is also just a regular jaymod or Wolfenstein decline. Back in 2016-18 I played on the TWC No Download which was filled with good players every evening. Nowadays its dead as far as i can tell.

• Like 3

Is there going to be an outcome from the poll done on this topic? Since it's going no where and people are just saying their opinions, which no prevail.

• Like 1

jay2 was fine with all the settings it has right now last 5 yrs ..

all the sudden we get these  im a play et for 15 min guys wanting to debate a setting on jay2.  like i said i laugh everytime i read this topic.

im not gonna debate who i am in this topic. i feel ive done plenty .. for jay2.

2 yrs ago we had active leaders. i know i chatted with them daily on jay2they promoted me to level i am.. wear are they now  gone.......  we also had el! doing maps an making it fun.

it became  a hectic pain when el! left. i had to decide who what where how for a quit a few months. im not a leader im not a coleader.  please tell me how u do  level 17 an higher admin with only level 16 .. this is when i yes me asked rendel to help.i asked others but they either to busy gone or  dont respond anymore.

infiltrate are u the guy came on last week played 1 map bitched then  left then came back killed bawts for half a map then left again. just trying to figure out who u where rollin  over such  players.lololol  it wasnt under the infiltrate name.

this has nothing to do with how good someone is adren wont make a diff to a very skilled player. but like ive been saying  sense beginning . lets  test this  so called theory .. and take dren off jay2.

jay2 started dieing . when we got cry babies . if they dont get there way they leave makes teams unbalanced left up to admins to balance  ...

sum of em even like too tell us how good they are before they leave an make teams unbalanced.its the persona of the player base now . has nothing to do with a setting the little twit crybabies killed the server cuz the admins yes the 2 or 3 that do anything .. got sick of babysetting an just dont play. now u have no admins. we have even demoted and  denied  memebers on jay2  becuz they did nothing but stack teams for there own gain.  it trickled down to the wawa  guys.  an now we are here debating a setting for the fault .

for the dren part also . not that i need to justify my self but .. i will i havent been usuing dren  for a while now.  guess what my kill count goes up my play style changes . i save my sprint more.  but i still get accussed of using dren .lol sum even resort to calling me a cheater. lmafo

if all of u put forth the effort to  the server u do in this stupid topic  server would be more populated.

u can talk all u want .. does nothing.  show up play ..  an we can go from there.

but by all mean plz take dren off jay2. to please the two or three who play 1 or 3 maps every 3 or 4 days.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • 100 3

1 hour ago, captnconcrete said:

jay2 was fine with all the settings it has right now last 5 yrs ..

all the sudden we get these  im a play et for 15 min guys wanting to debate a setting on jay2.  like i said i laugh everytime i read this topic.

This topic is about helping jay2 getting populated again, but it seems like your emotional commitment is far too high to even discuss normal arguments about its current state mate.

im not gonna debate who i am in this topic. i feel ive done plenty .. for jay2.

Praise to you for that, i mean it. But as a matter of fact the server is empty nowadays. You are a king of bots. So things need to change if we want to get jay2 popluated again. Speaking as a management consultant I get the highly emotional involvement, commitment and frustration of El! and yourself. But emotions are a hindrance in decision making. So we can continue measuring e-penis lengths and being stubborn and rant about the current situation and the glory past or move on and try something.

2 yrs ago we had active leaders. i know i chatted with them daily on jay2they promoted me to level i am.. wear are they now  gone.......  we also had el! doing maps an making it fun.

it became  a hectic pain when el! left. i had to decide who what where how for a quit a few months. im not a leader im not a coleader.  please tell me how u do  level 17 an higher admin with only level 16 .. this is when i yes me asked rendel to help.i asked others but they either to busy gone or  dont respond anymore.

As i said, maybe im missing something but i cant see a leader being involved helping. I dont know anything about the inner workings of F|A so yeah maybe its just me in this case.
When NQ1 was pretty much dead we had BigBro about as motivated and emtotionally involved as you in jay2. He was on the server daily, balanced teams, recruited regulars to help with the basic admin work and after all it worked out. NQ1 is doing great today. Of course, BigBro has often overshot the mark, but the revival of NQ1 is in my opinion largely thanks to him. So it was mostly thanks to lower admin ranks in my opinion. We also changed quite a lot of settings on NQ1 and I think it helped the server greatly overall.

infiltrate are u the guy came on last week played 1 map bitched then  left then came back killed bawts for half a map then left again. just trying to figure out who u where rollin  over such  players.lololol  it wasnt under the infiltrate name.

this has nothing to do with how good someone is adren wont make a diff to a very skilled player. but like ive been saying  sense beginning . lets  test this  so called theory .. and take dren off jay2.

I talked about penisses enough, so I will leave it at that.
Adre will make a diff to very skilled players aswell, they'll just play around it differently in my opinion.

jay2 started dieing . when we got cry babies . if they dont get there way they leave makes teams unbalanced left up to admins to balance  ...

sum of em even like too tell us how good they are before they leave an make teams unbalanced.its the persona of the player base now . has nothing to do with a setting the little twit crybabies killed the server cuz the admins yes the 2 or 3 that do anything .. got sick of babysetting an just dont play. now u have no admins. we have even demoted and  denied  memebers on jay2  becuz they did nothing but stack teams for there own gain.  it trickled down to the wawa  guys.  an now we are here debating a setting for the fault .

Well isnt the so called babysitting included in an admins job? I cant remember a server working properly without admin or regular balance in the background. Its overall more or less normal player behaviour. I talked to you about it when i was on the server. When people dont get put after some time anarchy will make its way.

if all of u put forth the effort to  the server u do in this stupid topic  server would be more populated.

u can talk all u want .. does nothing.  show up play ..  an we can go from there.

but by all mean plz take dren off jay2. to please the two or three who play 1 or 3 maps every 3 or 4 days.

A certain amount of us wont play there anyway because of the settings. The server being populated or not. Will we be enough to save/revive the server? Most likely not. But lets see.

Some people here have other priorities and obligations than being online 24/7 on a 20 year old game's server. Why should people being online on the server every 3-4 days dont count. Most of us are oldfarts with families etc. I guess we make the by far higher count overall than all the unemployeed or students left to play every single day of the week for hours.

• 100 1

29 people said two many omnibots, too little people, which is the same thing.  Jay1 has a ton but it has a player count high enough to offset it so it's not noticable.

I myself and I've come across many who say they don't play their because adren, it's much worse now than in the past.  It only takes a few players who want tonplay there but don't cuz adren to raise the player count enough to adress the first stated problem.

7 players saying server culture boils down to a similar issue, the lack of playes meaning no culture qnd imo, the ones like I ran into the other day that use adren just to troll people into leaving the server so they can go back to killing omnibots.

Yes, the game is slowly dying push more and more people to ths servers with the best settings, jay1 and jay2 being the perfect example.  Slow close to the same server but so far because of one big cancer.

I'll state again, I see players leave jay2 most times I'm there when someone like delord or other said troll are there because or adren, I also run into many on jay1 that leave because there's too many players but don't wish to play on jay2 because either adren or no players

It only takes a few to chnage things enough for more to follow suit.

Limiting jay1 a tiny bit in max playable slots would also help that server greatly.  It's insanely hard to find maps that work and keep teams balanced when no maps were designed with that many players in mind.

The tesring of removing adren for a few months to see what happens, and limiting jay1 a tiny bit which Ithink needs to happen but doubt ever will, seems to be like a great straight forward experiment in keeping the most players you can enjoying the game.

This is a game of diehards that still happen to he around, you have to tend to what the majority of them want to keep them playing.

I'm one of those oldschool players who loves jaymod but unfortunately has very little time to play atm but almost never plays anymore because too many on jay1 and an adren troll or 2 on jay2, leaving nowhere to play.

I'm very close to doing what I've done in the past and making a problem with settings as obvious as possible by abusing ithem myself by spamming adren just to kill the few humans left on jay2.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP

Lots of ideas and opinions but nothing from the top saying whether anything is or isn't going o be done

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I think we all agree that if nothing is changed things will remain the same.

Jay2 isnt going to suddenly become popular again without some change it failed to retain any new steam players recently for example.

I think the biggest obstacle to new players becoming regulars is the skill gap widening caused by adren and server settings.

They cant compete with experienced players on adren they cant even get a kill if they swap to panzer as adren + flak jacket = 1/4 damage i personally have survived a direct panzer shot on there without adren. 

My suggestion similar to others is remove adren or limit it only to increased sprint and TEMPORARILY reduce the slots on Jay1 perhaps to 50 players to help populate Jay2

once a few are redirected and try out the new settings perhaps they will stay.

I know reducing slots on Jay1 wont go over well but you either want 2 popular Jaymod servers or 1 now is the time to choose and Jay1 slots can easily be increased back to 60 once the experiment is over or Jay2 finds fresh players.
Jay1 has a huge and loyal fanbase it wont affect the overall server popularity in the slightest just a limited drop in rankings while Jay2 repopulates. I hope server management can put ego aside and try this to make both servers more playable instead of simply striving to have the biggest server.

The maps need to be overhauled and made more similar to Jay1 maps its all well and good having different maps on there but some are not popular this game has been around long enough we all know the popular maps and its these maps that attract players and also make them stay.

The server admins also need to look after the new players more if u see them getting raped with the usual stacked teams move a reg to their team dont wait for the reg to swap if he dosnt like it tough.

Server admins instead of idling in Jay2 spec also try idling in Jay1 and reminding players who complain about lag crowded teams and spam that Jay2 has newer settings and a fresh attitude and would they like to try it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 1

Sorry it took me so long to respond, but it's so hot here that I really wanted to wait for colder moment (and I mean hot weather, not topic itself). I will try to respond as complex as possible and probably it's my last post in this topic.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:58 PM, ElEl said:

But what can you do when you're basically the highest level admin that cares about the server? It's the same reason I got pissed off cause in the end everything just falls on whoever has the highest admin level.

NQ1 is the closest server for me, so I will just give you examples based on this server. Usually there is no Raziel and Fighter around, they have moments of playing but on everyday base they are not on the server. But it doesn't mean they are not caring about server. When I need something or there is a problem, I just send one of them a private message on a discord or forum - it has never happened that I didn't get an answer.

I look at this like that: when problems are too much to handle for me, cause I have no power or I have no decision-making competence I just move subject to higher ups and fix what I can fix. So I just don't take on my back things I can't fix and just leave it to staff so this way I'm not pissed. General atmosphere on the server, creating your own regulars, recruiting people who can help - that's something I can do. Technical and internal clan matters - I am just passing it on.

As far as I understand every server has own management team, so does Jay2 but unfortunately I do not know who is leader or coleader of this server. But I bet if you will PM or ask that person personally - you will get an answer or help.

Look at all those questions you asked and ask yourself why is that only CapTn's responsibility?

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough, but that wasn't a complaint directly to CapTn, it was a general objection against "we don't have leaders on the server" thing.

In fact not just leaders, someone mentioned NQ1 but look just how many F|A members there are to each player compared to Jay2. 

Yes, cause NQ admins took a chance and recruited people when they could. And it happens to this day. When we see someone we basically communicate between each other and jump on that person. NQ admins raised their regulars and from that they raised FA members. You can't now tell that NQ is populated cause have a lot of admins around. NQ has many admins around, cause NQ admins recruited them when they could. Maybe I'm wrong but I bet you could find a lot of admin material people on Jay2 when it was popular server. Somehow they are not around now. Why? Jaymod is probably the most popular mod in the world.

I just get the feeling that some would like to mindlessly move people from one server to another without hearing the views of the people themselves. "Someone do something, but please don't change anything!"

All I see is people whining server is empty but not allowing to do something to change that. Something is the reason people don't want to play there. I see people from Jay1 choosing Beg2 and NQ instead of Jay2. Maybe it's atmospehere, maybe settings are something people don't like. Nobody says CapTn does not care about Jay2 or this is his fault. Hi is legend of this server and probably cares about it the most. Nothing but respect. But when people are giving their answers and reasons he seems to be deaf about it.

17 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

all the sudden we get these  im a play et for 15 min guys wanting to debate a setting on jay2.

If you don't wanna hear why people don't like this server what is a point of discussion? Just leave it the way it is and let it die.

It's same way on everyother popular server: people cry a lot, and somehow most of them is always back. Why they are not back on Jay2 then?

That's absolutely the most fair point here. Any changes will change nothing without FA members contribution to the matter.

You can change everything but without some form of advertising or work nobody will know about it so you will end in same place.

Anyway, it was my last few cents here, I hope in the end you will work out how to help Jay2.

🍻

Edited by yaku
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
10 hours ago, MikeSlayer said:

I think we all agree that if nothing is changed things will remain the same.

Jay2 isnt going to suddenly become popular again without some change it failed to retain any new steam players recently for example.

I think the biggest obstacle to new players becoming regulars is the skill gap widening caused by adren and server settings.

They cant compete with experienced players on adren they cant even get a kill if they swap to panzer as adren + flak jacket = 1/4 damage i personally have survived a direct panzer shot on there without adren. 

My suggestion similar to others is remove adren or limit it only to increased sprint and TEMPORARILY reduce the slots on Jay1 perhaps to 50 players to help populate Jay2

once a few are redirected and try out the new settings perhaps they will stay.

I know reducing slots on Jay1 wont go over well but you either want 2 popular Jaymod servers or 1 now is the time to choose and Jay1 slots can easily be increased back to 60 once the experiment is over or Jay2 finds fresh players.
Jay1 has a huge and loyal fanbase it wont affect the overall server popularity in the slightest just a limited drop in rankings while Jay2 repopulates. I hope server management can put ego aside and try this to make both servers more playable instead of simply striving to have the biggest server.

The maps need to be overhauled and made more similar to Jay1 maps its all well and good having different maps on there but some are not popular this game has been around long enough we all know the popular maps and its these maps that attract players and also make them stay.

The server admins also need to look after the new players more if u see them getting raped with the usual stacked teams move a reg to their team dont wait for the reg to swap if he dosnt like it tough.

Server admins instead of idling in Jay2 spec also try idling in Jay1 and reminding players who complain about lag crowded teams and spam that Jay2 has newer settings and a fresh attitude and would they like to try it.

Great post, Mike, but one thing. I've been going on Jay 1 more often lately, especially during the peak hours. In almost all cases, except a rare few times, teams were about 20 vs 20 with a fair number of specs. So dropping slots from 60 to 50 will have no effect on the redirect, other than forcing less people to sit in spec. I like that some Jay 1 regs have suggested lowering slots, but don't offer a number that will profoundly affect the server.

A solid attempt to try the redirect is to drop it lower, maybe closer to 40 slots