ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

so im a start a topic trying to get admins to help more with jay2 thank you all for your input. !

theres def sum emotion involved in a server ive been dedicated  too for 5 plus yrs!

i have yet to get dare to respond to a pm i sent him a month ago. this doesnt help matters much.

thanks mike for your input .

i have already pmed sum admins  on it ... to help. sum have lost interest an say no. sum welcome the attempt. 

we will see . 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

i have yet to get dare to respond to a pm i sent him a month ago. this doesnt help matters much.

I found a cure for that years ago...watch

@daredevil

get-to-work-work.gif

😝

He loves it

• Haha 4
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 1

I'd be down to play and idle on jay2 and keep an eye on it while making it my main server. I prefer to play with 18v18 max, beyond that the maps just don't play correctly and it becomes  very hard for players and admins to keep teams even or even know where to start.  Though with jay1's popularity I'd do more like 21v21 since 18v18 is my personal opinion but 21v21 makes more sense for the players and server as a whole. 

You'd still need at least 10 spectator slots because many players like to take a break and spectate or just chat for a moment before going back to playing.  The 10 wouldn't take in to account the private/vip slots, there still needs to be quite a bit of them because the high player count usually involves a lot of baby sitting.

Back to how I started this topic.  Captn is my homie and I often join ET just to play and chat with him, but I'm past the point of even joining the server with the children who use adren for the purpose of trolling and getting players to disconnect. 

Mike made a great statement about instead of having the single most populated server, which hinders game play, why not have a clone of it and have two very popular servers with better gameplay?

Now really is the time to test this to hopefully keep more new steam players instead of losing them because there's so much chaos on one server, and an overpowered setting making a player impossible to kill to a new player, especially when said adren player is purposely trying to get them to disconnect.

• Like 1
  • 100 4

Dren isn't really the problem... there was some horrendous stacking today by players who should know better. I saw a game 230 vs 400 today...yeah... These guys are allegedly there for "fun" just to stack together and destroy a weaker team...yeah "fun"...  Fun in what way, to shoot down a horde of lesser players like a bunch of bawts, all the while an equally superior teammate is also beating the living hell out of them?

The sad thing is...they just keep coming back for more, like they don't know any better....basically like bawts or gluttons for punishment. The top scores on allies were like 30 vs 15 while axis was 110 vs 10...they just kept playing like they could somehow start to perform better, as if something they were doing, any little thing could make a difference... if scores are that off... they aren't going to change much, not even in 20 minutes...if teams remain the same.  As for the challenge or practice to get better... even if you've practiced hours, weeks, years and can shoot a 40 or higher acc and get a 110 vs 10 yourself in certain matches... when you face certain players, you'll be lucky to get 28 vs 28.... (Sometimes this makes you question, if they are just that good and there's much debate there... Some I have specced and it literally looks like they just run into their opponents face and chop them down without using much if any skill necessary, just straight in...) 

I would still say that adren isn't a problem, new players are joining but Lord knows some of them just utterly destroy Jay 2 with their stacking.  If teams are even, and they are just better players, that's almost fair. But when you have even a even number of players on both teams and say it's cake, captn, mirror ( for example...not a real example) vs ForestGump, Bob, Dildostuffed.... it's not a gg, and those guys (for example) should know better...  sadly, the guys getting spanked to hell don't know any better and just enjoy scores being nearly 200 off... for now...but when they actually lose every time and realize they have no chance, maybe they'll stop playing there. Sort of not "fun" to get the hell beat out of you every game... 

I'm honestly going to stop playing ET probably for different reasons, eventually. It's not because of adren, rather because if someone has a great connection, or a stronger team... they have a great advantage that they use just to kick the living **** out of the other team... for "fun"... 

To me that's really going to kill the server. It's nice to see new players joining but if they aren't going to play fair when they can, what's the point? It's just creating another problem that eventually players will catch onto or get tired of... 

I would go even as far to say that I have seen people with a superior connection just charge right into opponents face, straight on, no straffing, no real fight and cut through them like they weren't even firing back. A good game is where two opponents actually have to, "fight" and there's a challenge, straffing, crouching....it's not where some super uber just runs straight into your face barely aiming his mouse at HS level and cuts down the entire team for "fun"... In spec you can see the other guys choppy around the opponent, clearly not as smooth, their connections just not as good... and they don't have a chance in hell... I just don't get it anymore, I don't think that's "fun"...

I've had enough with such shenanigans myself and I imagine other players will too eventually. All things aside, stacking should stop, and should never happen. Despite some players just being better, eventually the server will probably empty out once they catch on that they never had a chance against some of these opponents joining, especially if they are on a team with players who are stacking the scores with them. 

Edited by spectator
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, spectator said:

Dren isn't really the problem... there was some horrendous stacking today by players who should know better. I saw a game 230 vs 400 today...yeah... These guys are allegedly there for "fun" just to stack together and destroy a weaker team...yeah "fun"...  Fun in what way, to shoot down a horde of lesser players like a bunch of bawts, all the while an equally superior teammate is also beating the living hell out of them?

The sad thing is...they just keep coming back for more, like they don't know any better....basically like bawts or gluttons for punishment. The top scores on allies were like 30 vs 15 while axis was 110 vs 10...they just kept playing like they could somehow start to perform better, as if something they were doing, any little thing could make a difference... if scores are that off... they aren't going to change much, not even in 20 minutes...if teams remain the same.  As for the challenge or practice to get better... even if you've practiced hours, weeks, years and can shoot a 40 or higher acc and get a 110 vs 10 yourself in certain matches... when you face certain players, you'll be lucky to get 28 vs 28.... (Sometimes this makes you question, if they are just that good and there's much debate there... Some I have specced and it literally looks like they just run into their opponents face and chop them down without using much if any skill necessary, just straight in...) 

I would still say that adren isn't a problem, new players are joining but Lord knows some of them just utterly destroy Jay 2 with their stacking.  If teams are even, and they are just better players, that's almost fair. But when you have even a even number of players on both teams and say it's cake, captn, mirror ( for example...not a real example) vs ForestGump, Bob, Dildostuffed.... it's not a gg, and those guys (for example) should know better...  sadly, the guys getting spanked to hell don't know any better and just enjoy scores being nearly 200 off... for now...but when they actually lose every time and realize they have no chance, maybe they'll stop playing there. Sort of not "fun" to get the hell beat out of you every game... 

I'm honestly going to stop playing ET probably for different reasons, eventually. It's not because of adren, rather because if someone has a great connection, or a stronger team... they have a great advantage that they use just to kick the living **** out of the other team... for "fun"... 

To me that's really going to kill the server. It's nice to see new players joining but if they aren't going to play fair when they can, what's the point? It's just creating another problem that eventually players will catch onto or get tired of... 

I would go even as far to say that I have seen people with a superior connection just charge right into opponents face, straight on, no straffing, no real fight and cut through them like they weren't even firing back. A good game is where two opponents actually have to, "fight" and there's a challenge, straffing, crouching....it's not where some super uber just runs straight into your face barely aiming his mouse at HS level and cuts down the entire team for "fun"... In spec you can see the other guys choppy around the opponent, clearly not as smooth, their connections just not as good... and they don't have a chance in hell... I just don't get it anymore, I don't think that's "fun"...

I've had enough with such shenanigans myself and I imagine other players will too eventually. All things aside, stacking should stop, and should never happen. Despite some players just being better, eventually the server will probably empty out once they catch on that they never had a chance against some of these opponents joining, especially if they are on a team with players who are stacking the scores with them. 

This is the exact case to go to Discord and DM an admin that can come in and balance teams. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

why not have a clone of it and have two very popular servers with better gameplay?

Good question and have shared answer while back few times.....No one wants to play on less active or with omni's to make server popular. 

IMO - besides Jay2 - Euro ETL is also live.  ETL would be similar to Jay1 with legacy mod. Only major difference would be no anti cheat for now. In future, we can probably add/enable it. 

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=770180

@RendeL is keeping it up to date. Slowly we are adding features on it based on feedback. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, daredevil said:

Good question and have shared answer while back few times.....No one wants to play on less active or with omni's to make server popular. 

IMO - besides Jay2 - Euro ETL is also live.  ETL would be similar to Jay1 with legacy mod. Only major difference would be no anti cheat for now. In future, we can probably add/enable it. 

@RendeL is keeping it up to date. Slowly we are adding features on it based on feedback. 

That actually looks really interesting to me. Didnt know about it and will definitely give it a try!

• Like 3

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Infiltrate said:

That actually looks really interesting to me. Didnt know about it and will definitely give it a try!

Yup - single Jump, no adren, longer spawns, etc.  

• Like 3

• Platinum VIP
19 hours ago, daredevil said:

DId that go live recently?? Last time I tired to connect, it was down

• Platinum VIP
On 6/26/2022 at 7:51 PM, MikeSlayer said:

I know reducing slots on Jay1 wont go over well but you either want 2 popular Jaymod servers or 1 now is the time to choose and Jay1 slots can easily be increased back to 60 once the experiment is over or Jay2 finds fresh players.
Jay1 has a huge and loyal fanbase it wont affect the overall server popularity in the slightest just a limited drop in rankings while Jay2 repopulates. I hope server management can put ego aside and try this to make both servers more playable instead of simply striving to have the biggest server.

100%

I've gotten to the point I rarely even play; I just watch. Jay 2 too dead, Jay1 way to overpopulated during the day to even play. I play once in a while at night. I'd like to say I'd play more given Jay2 had steady players, with or without adren. I'm telling you, back in the day you couldn't pay me to leave Jay2. That was back in the (Ryan) McCloud days. I miss when J2 was just as popular as #1. 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

I know Im mostly just a lurker, but Ive been a long time player of FA server, I exclusively play here. 

So my two cents.

Id love to play Jay2, it is just so dead all the time. Honestly make me sad to never see it with some good pops. I end up being forced to play Jay1 because it has an active player count most of the time, though crowded often.  Adrenaline also has no bearing on if I play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1