ET Jay #2 ADRENALINE Poll

ADRENALINE Poll  

40 members have voted

1. 1. The reason(s) I don't play on JAY2 or play less on JAY2 than I otherwise would are: (Select all that apply to you. All ET players are welcome to )

• adrenaline
    • flak jacket carryover to all classes (nerfed explosive damage)
    • too few human players
    • too many omnibots
    • too difficult
    • server culture
    • maps
    • ping
    • other (please comment below with your specific reasons)
    • n/a - I am a JAY2 regular or admin
  2. 2. If the ADRENALINE mechanic is the JAYMOD code is updated to include new options it would be better if: (Select as many options that you would prefer over the current mechanic)

• adrenaline only increases stamina (sprint) duration and does not provide damage reduction
    • adrenaline damage reduction does not apply to headshots
    • adrenaline is only available to engineers
    • adrenaline makes the user significantly less accurate when shooting
    • adrenaline only defers damage, when the effect expires, the user receives the balance of the damage
    • adrenaline damage reduction is reduced from 50% to something less like 25%
    • the adrenaline mechanic should not be changed
    • other (please comment below with your specific suggestion)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/22 at 03:59 AM

4 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

Couldn't find the piece of code that calculates for headshot damage but I know from experience that headshot damage is not reduced. 

It turns out Dest!ny is correct, headshot damage is not reduced with adrenaline.

It doesn't make sense from a first pass look at the source code because the section of code that handle headshot damage is called just before the section that handles damage reduction from adrenaline...

Okay found it, there is a second function that does the adrenaline check when the damage source is a bullet where the adrenaline check is before the headshot check so it overrides the earlier reduction with the fixed 50 damage.

The code block reference above is in a section that is only testing for non-bullet originating damage but that isn't obvious since the function is called g_damage.

Edited by the cake is a lie
figured it out

As a player who regularly plays in 4-5 different FA servers (Jay1, B2, Silent1, NQ1, HC), I do not however play in Jay2 or Jay3. I really like the server config in Jay2, but sadly its mostly empty or has few players.  I think that is because Jay3 and Jay2 have similar settings and attract the same players and that disperses the player base between two servers, making them both half-empty. IMO it wouldn't be the worst thing if one of those server gets switched out for Legacy mod server (with friendly fire on).

As for adrenaline setting, I think it's best if adre only gives you extra stamina and does not reduce damage taken. Otherwise it can be OP, like in B2 where it  takes 2-3 players to kill one good player on adre.

Edited by HarryAimpotter
  • Like 4

I made that previous comment cos yesterday was a typical example, on goldrush got the tank to the final barrier, 2 engis me and meatface, killed the defenders only for them to juice up and kill us as soon as they spawned, they must of had 4/5 meds on adren making it impossible for us to get the tank past the last barrier

If they were'nt on adren, we would of had more xp and had a chance to get them second time around, its a constant

• Like 2

On 5/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, the cake is a lie said:

@daredevil asked me to create a poll about adrenaline on JAY2.

The first question is only for admins and regular players on JAY2.

The second and third questions are intended for players of ET server running JAYMOD but all ET players are welcome to answer.

But we already have servers without it.

• 100 1

2 hours ago, HOTSPUR said:

True and they have way more players

If its off might get more jay1 players on jay2?

• 100 2

40 minutes ago, HOTSPUR said:

Why do we want jay 2 like jay 1 ?? 

So we have more players and not omnis obviously

Edited by iOmen
  • 100 1

19 hours ago, the cake is a lie said:

It turns out Dest!ny is correct, headshot damage is not reduced with adrenaline.

2-3 HS always has killed someone on the juice, but glad you verified. Glad also, you started it because I've long wondered what the thoughts of the general population are. 

Personally, I like having it available when going in to a swarm of enemies and I'm on my own. Being on obj player, it especially helps against good defense and more so when half my team is camping.

I think this survey brings up a few points:

1. People don't play on J2 because there aren't people on J2 - we already knew this, however.
  2. People liking it as is, is the 2nd highest vote indicating a change may not be needed.
  3. Even though increased stamina has more than 1/3 of the vote, it's is not a majority and difficult to get behind.
  4.  Of those voting for a change, do we know if they've played much or will play more on J2? Maybe the 3rd question should have gauged interest level if there was a change?

Keep in mind, surveys are not the end all - they inherently have low response rates, not always truthful and sometimes answered incorrectly due to misunderstandings. Focus groups, even this thread, are a good compliment.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP
On 5/4/2022 at 1:37 PM, PHNTM said:

I was a jay2 regular for some time.

Main reason for me not play so much these days is the fact that it's usually populated for 2/3 maps and then dies. You can't reliably play against humans everyday. 

Players leave for a number of reasons -

- Maps that nobody cares about (get rid of Alcatraz already);

- Stacked teams (doesn't always happen to be fair, admins do a good job);

- There's only one very good player on server that nobody can kill (adrenaline makes this worse);

Getting rid of adrenaline would be a good step if you ask me, personally I think it's fun but it's doing the server no good. 

The server has been much more full lately

22 hours ago, bLade. said:

Adren effect should be normal adren effect. Jay1 has fast charge time but i don’t think jay2 does. if that’s the case, i play there periodically hence the influx of people on jay1. I don’t mind adren, people just know how to take advantage which comes with game sense and that’s fine, maybe just lower charge time then?

+ I want to add, people say adren sucks.. okay. Jay2 has adren, Jay1 has poison knives. I think it adds character to the server. It’s a nice change it being the only other jaymod NA server we have. Both these servers have characteristics they’re known for. I say keep them.

The issue isn't that Adren or Poison knives exist, it's that people abuse them. They're like Adren/Knife spammers which is not much different than Arty spammers, etc

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP
On 5/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, captnconcrete said:

i dont see where drens that big a deal.

That's because you use it often. I'd challenge you to NOT use it for a day/week/whatever and get a feel for why people who are against it, a feel - not just a guess or a map off from it and I offer that to everyone who can't play without it. People who spawn and as their running out, are hitting themselves with dren, every time they spawn

On 5/4/2022 at 4:05 PM, captnconcrete said:

i dont see where drens that big a deal.

That's because you use it often. I'd challenge you to NOT use it for a day/week/whatever and get a feel for why people who are against it, a feel - not just a guess or a map off from it and I offer that to everyone who can't play without it. People who spwan and as their running out, are hitting themselves with dren, every time they spawn

On 5/4/2022 at 5:02 PM, captnconcrete said:

some people really let this game go to there head ..

Yeah, someone tell all those pro/team/LAN/Cup players....

7 hours ago, HOTSPUR said:

I see this said often BUT not all the servers have the same settings. This would be a good answer if every server had the same settings. But didn't have Dren on some. The fact is, the server settings/players/maps are the draw. The dren is the love it or hate it factor. If you want the good settings without the dren (or Jay 1 chaos lol) there is no server for that, right?

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

4 hours ago, HOTSPUR said:

Why do we want jay 2 like jay 1 ?? 

that can be controlled by available slots

Also, FTR, I don't have a problem with weaker players using dren or Engis using it. My issue is when people tha tare hich skilled using it all the time making them impossible to play against and THAT is what people hate about dren. What if Cake - who is truly God-like used dren, too?? And used it every time it recharged? It's hard enough to kill him now, On a semi full server, that one high skilled player using dren can manipulate the entire server .

THAT is where I have a problem and start to complain about it.

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I do use it but I am usually an Engie 95% of the time.  For me its the fastest way across the map and also, say your playing  Gold Rush and everybody else is camping spawn at least you have a chance of doing a plant  or moving a tank against 1 or 2 contenders.  I would actually like to see it where medics cant self heal and encourage players to play other classes and move the objectives more.

Either way its not a big deal to me as my focus is usually moving or stopping the objective.  The biggest change I would like to see is removing the two main heavy weapons until there is at least 4 v 4 or more.

• Like 2
  • 100 3

4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That's because you use it often. I'd challenge you to NOT use it for a day/week/whatever and get a feel for why people who are against it, a feel - not just a guess or a map off from it and I offer that to everyone who can't play without it. People who spawn and as their running out, are hitting themselves with dren, every time they spawn

I try not to use it depending on gameplay, but when a medic camps the spawn and can self heal what do you expect people to do in most cases when they are frustrated by a selfish individual? Lets level the playing field for Medics and get rid of the self healing system. I bet you would see a decline of gogo juice and gameplay would be more team oriented. Just a thought.

Edited by Meatface
finger pointing
  • Like 1
  • 100 1