Other =F|A= Oasis - REMAKE 2020

Smileyyy

7 hours ago, Federicrit said:

The new spawnpoint areas (allies and axis) are a little bit small, generating some bodyblocking.

I noticed this aswell and widened doors at Forward CP.

7 hours ago, Federicrit said:

1. The tunnels are pretty much useless after allies build second

I have seen this to be true, but Allies have a spawn closer to the tunnel entrances at their first spawn, and is faster than spawning from CP. People just need to get used to some things. :) 

Big thanks for your feedback!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

28 minutes ago, Xiahou Dun said:

Can we expect the map to hit the servers anytime soon?

It is currently at Jay1, 2, silent 1 and HC.

If you want them on any other servers suggest them here.

• Like 1

This map took me by surprise today and honestly it's refreshing.

I'm used to Oasis being unpleasant because of the short spawn times, but this map works perfectly with those.

Great map, thank you!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Hi,

Tried it today on jay3 and it looks nice and so on but omnibots are all heading to the waterpump or allies 1st CP. This was a problem with oasis generally for us so I use Oasis_EU as that set of waypoints works correctly. Its as if they have missed triggers as the axis bots all head for the allies original CP and the allies bots are heading for waterpump. Once the second CP is built for allies forward spawn the only bots on obj are engi and covert.  I would recommend using the oasis EU bot files as starting point as opposed the original waypoints for oasis as they dont work very well.

Great job on the map though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barn!e said:

Hi,

Tried it today on jay3 and it looks nice and so on but omnibots are all heading to the waterpump or allies 1st CP. This was a problem with oasis generally for us so I use Oasis_EU as that set of waypoints works correctly. Its as if they have missed triggers as the axis bots all head for the allies original CP and the allies bots are heading for waterpump. Once the second CP is built for allies forward spawn the only bots on obj are engi and covert.  I would recommend using the oasis EU bot files as starting point as opposed the original waypoints for oasis as they dont work very well.

Great job on the map though.

Thank you for the feedback.

@Buckwild Could you have a look at the EU version waypoints?

• Like 2

No worries. i could do with a session on omnibot as  i would like to fix a couple of maps.

Snatch3 the bots defend barrier 2 when the truck is still at barrier 1 😕 for starters :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After searching on silent and hc for this map, today I got to play it on live server for the first time. And I couldnt ask for anything more. The details are very important to me, and Smiley delivered just that. The Allied CP placement, the ammo and health cabinets for both teams to use while defending the current map progression, the boxes on south AT gun (Smiley you know what I mean :D).

Also, its great to see something as old as the game itself refreshed after so many years. Its a living proof, that this game still evolves. Good job!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

Few things on this. The new Axis spawn point is just bad. The map was designed to give Allies a chance and to end the bottlenecks, and it did, but now Allies win easily and moving spawn back would help plus, remove allied Ammo by new spawn. Allies are just sitting by the ammo and making that a clog point again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Suggestion:-

The forward cp spawn shouldn't become default spawn for allies, because many wants to go through tunnels. So they start going back  and block their team. Let the flag capture be default spawn and   let players choose where they want to spawn. 

There is no point of having ammo cabinet  by cp . 

Last, There is gate which allies blow by axis spawn? It should be re-build-able . Thanks

Rest all awesome work with map editing. GJ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

4 hours ago, tipsy said:

Suggestion:-

The forward cp spawn shouldn't become default spawn for allies, because many wants to go through tunnels. So they start going back and block their team. Let the flag capture be default spawn and let players choose where they want to spawn. - Allies have a spawn at the start of the map that is the fastest route to the last stage of the map. If they choose to use the tunnels, those spawns are available.

There is no point of having ammo cabinet by cp . - Removed.

Last, There is gate which allies blow by axis spawn? It should be re-build-able . Thanks - After gate is destroyed there will be a satchable fence that can always be re-constructed by the axis.

Rest all awesome work with map editing. GJ.

Thanks for feedback :)