Other =F|A= Oasis - REMAKE 2020

Smileyyy

1 minute ago, Xiahou Dun said:

From what I understand Smiley, the Side Fence is destructible by Satchel, but also rebuildable?

Correct!

That's great, by the way, loving the map. It's a breath of fresh air in the timeless classic that Oasis already is. Splendid work on that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

As for the map, it is nice made, the colour theme is just great and overall the map looks great and has steady fps. Played it now few times. However I think the spawn points are not good being that close to obj and IMO now it is just too easy for allies. Having original spawns with the more accessible ways to guns would do enough. Another issue is the bots, noticed on b2 that allies engies wont plant dynamite, but try to run "through" the gun for some time and once they cant, they give up and leave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just tested the b3 version of the map on Beginners #2.

I like the map a lot, it has many improvements over the original and other versions of the map.

One thing that we should consider changing is the last spawn location of Axis. 

It was very hard for Allies to complete objective in 10 vs 10 situation in combination with re spawn time of 8 seconds.

I think the reason for this is that the spawn location is very close to the anti tank guns.

Edited by ShaDoW1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First of all, thanks to anyone that spend time in doing or improving maps for our fun...so thx Smiley.

Second. I played b3 twice now, and IMO there are some problems in the map:

1. axis second spawn is too near to the anti tank guns, is way to easy for axis to defend. I saw that axis don't even care about the side fence, they just camp around the guns and that's it.

2. allies second spawn is too near to the objective. Because of that, Axis don't come outside anymore to defend, but camp in the fortress all the time, and the playing field in the map is very little, compared to the old version.

3. if guns were on separate Towers, would be more difficutl to defend, now it's very easy.

Thanks

• Like 1

Great remake, great tunnel system aswell. As far as concerning the objective? I would have to agree with Sphalman; due to the fact they are both on the same tower it CAN be easy to defend. On the other hand, if a few allies get trough it might be easy to destroy both guns in a matter of seconds.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Some updated waypoints added todownloads section, with the following additions:

- Bots will now build the second Allied CP to activate the forward spawn.

- Bots will now dynamite the side entrance.

- Additional mines will be planted by Axis to defend the side entrance.

To avoid bots straying too far from their main objectives, Axis bots will not attempt to destroy the second Allied CP once built, or rebuild the side entrance once destroyed.

DD is uploading to the servers. Let me know if there are any issues and I will amend.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3