Windows Win 10 upgrade

Puni

Hey guys.

I was trying to upgrade my Win 7 Pro 64 bit to Win 10 Pro (in huge delay,  yes.), but for some reason I got error message about my Windows is not Geniue..

Install of win 10 stopped at the very end of it, and now I'm stuck with Win 7 Pro 64bit but not geniue and need to enter a valid CD key.

problem is my windows were geniue before.. and the install deleted whole restore points I've made before it.

Any help ?

You now require a key microsoft ended free windows 10. Sadly up until a few months ago you could still get the accessibility version free however even that is now ended :(

There are still "workarounds" for obtaining a few upgrade to Win10. That's no matter though, since there's an issue with a product key that worked before.

One question:
Where did you purchase your license, and about how much did you pay for it? (Full price, half price, a "too good to be true" discount, or was it included with the machine?)

I'd try activating Windows over the phone, I've had keys that would refuse online activation but work once I called in:
1. Disconnect your machine from the internet
2. Open the run (Win+R) dialog, and type in "slui 4", click Yes on any UAC prompts, and follow the steps provided by the activation wizard.
3. Type in activation ID provided over the phone, and boom. All good to go.

Note; If you don't get a phone number and an "installation ID", or an error comes up, you may need to "reinstall" the product key while offline.

• Start command prompt as an admin
  • Type slmgr /upk
  • then slmgr /cpky
  • followed by slmgr /rearm
  • Reboot, stay offline
  • Type product key in when prompted.
  • Repeat Step 2 (slui)
Edited by Xernicus
mixed up act and inst. IDs
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Xernicus said:

There are still "workarounds" for obtaining a few upgrade to Win10. That's no matter though, since there's an issue with a product key that worked before.

One question:
Where did you purchase your license, and about how much did you pay for it? (Full price, half price, a "too good to be true" discount, or was it included with the machine?)

I'd try activating Windows over the phone, I've had keys that would refuse online activation but work once I called in:
1. Disconnect your machine from the internet
2. Open the run (Win+R) dialog, and type in "slui 4", click Yes on any UAC prompts, and follow the steps provided by the activation wizard.
3. Type in activation ID provided over the phone, and boom. All good to go.

Note; If you don't get a phone number and an "installation ID", or an error comes up, you may need to "reinstall" the product key while offline.

• Start command prompt as an admin
  • Type slmgr /upk
  • then slmgr /cpky
  • followed by slmgr /rearm
  • Reboot, stay offline
  • Type product key in when prompted.
  • Repeat Step 2 (slui)

hmm the windows came with my machine.

I could do all windows updates and etc so wonder why its not geniue now.

anyway, how can I activate it over phone ? I dont know what my CD key.

About the cmd thing, I guess I need my ck key to do those ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@FILIPE

No no mate, as easy as they are to find on google leave them on google and don't post them here as FA does not condone or facilitate piracy. ;)

• Surprise 1
  • 100 1

Post hidden, technically that whole post was Piracy content. You need to understand and know that any kind of such posts on forums relating piracy is not allowed.

Edited by Carbonautics
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have any other issues with working on Win 10 now?

My moue got so fast -.-

And it's on same option then before. For Windows and Ingame

Edit: And i have laggs like every 10 seconds... but lagometer does not show anything

2 hours ago, Fighter?! said:

Do you have any other issues with working on Win 10 now?

My moue got so fast -.-

And it's on same option then before. For Windows and Ingame

Edit: And i have laggs like every 10 seconds... but lagometer does not show anything

Windows 10 recently upgraded to version 2004 so its possible some of your settings may have been reset to default, mouse acceleration is on by default for example and 6/11 is default movement speed and so forth. What mouse do you use, do you use the software for your mouse like LGS etc or do you simply use windows mouse settings?

• Leader
1 hour ago, Snuffs99 said:

Windows 10 recently upgraded to version 2004

Windows Update is showing me this message about the Version 2004 update.

"The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page."

The "Learn More" had info saying that "Today we are slowly beginning the training of our machine learning (ML) based process used to intelligently select and automatically update devices approaching end of service.  "  Otherwise, you can just press the "check for updates".

I built this system some 9 years ago, so it might be in the "approaching end of service" category.  ( aka Old ) :D 

54 minutes ago, RedBaird said:

Windows Update is showing me this message about the Version 2004 update.

"The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page."

The "Learn More" had info saying that "Today we are slowly beginning the training of our machine learning (ML) based process used to intelligently select and automatically update devices approaching end of service.  "  Otherwise, you can just press the "check for updates".

I built this system some 9 years ago, so it might be in the "approaching end of service" category.  ( aka Old ) :D 

Yeah it did mine a few weeks back, 

Annotation-2020-06-28-220800.jpg

As per normal with newer Windows versions i had to once again turn off driver sig enforcement and reinstall my legacy drivers for my fang....pain in arse but pretty easy to do now i've created my own drivers etc. Not had any issues other than legacy drivers though but all my mouse stuff is done through Logitech gaming software (LGS)

Edited by Snuffs99

2 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Windows 10 recently upgraded to version 2004 so its possible some of your settings may have been reset to default, mouse acceleration is on by default for example and 6/11 is default movement speed and so forth. What mouse do you use, do you use the software for your mouse like LGS etc or do you simply use windows mouse settings?

As i sad using the same settings as before. There is nothing changed. Used the default settings before like i do now. I use the Logitech Option center.

Just changed the sensetivity of ET

also i have some connection time outs just a little time out but i the same tone but that seems to be an issue with et settings

But tbh i never watched the last settings but also i never changed it. 😕 Will find new sensitivity for ET thats not a problem. :) 

But anyway thanks mate :)

More problems i got with this drop out of the connection.

19 minutes ago, Fighter?! said:

As i sad using the same settings as before. There is nothing changed. Used the default settings before like i do now. I use the Logitech Option center.

Just changed the sensetivity of ET

also i have some connection time outs just a little time out but i the same tone but that seems to be an issue with et settings

I'm not familiar with Logitech options center or how it stores or forces settings etc...I've googled Logitech Options Center and it is different to the Logitech Gaming Software i use, i'm assuming its because i have a G series mouse? Each profile i use is actually stored on the mouse so it can be used on any system and works like it does on my own.

If your windows hasn't updated to 2004 yet have you tried a system restore? could be something silly.

I'm assuming your playing the same ET server you normally do? i'm only asking as someone the other day was playing nitmod and their mouse sens was focked due to their pitch and yaw being outside of normal PB limits??? Because of that their sensitivity was very high in ET

As for connection time outs, if its not an ET setting then you would need something like wireshark to tell you more about whats going on with your network etc. 

Edited by Snuffs99