Windows Win 10 upgrade

Puni

1 hour ago, -=HipKat=- said:

It doesn't say anything because it just doesn't open at all for about 20-30 seconds. Once it opens, it's fine. And it's all my Browsers, Chrome,  FF, Edge, Vivaldi and TOR and only the browsers seem to be affected

Hmmm

If the actual browser(s) is/are not opening for a while then it sounds more like something else is running in the background using resources.

First thing i'd try is disabling all none essential services and programs.

To do that

1. Go to the search box by start button and type msconfig and press enter

2. Once msconfig is open go to the services tab, tick the box that says hide all microsoft services then make a note of the remaining running services.

3. Once you've made a note click disable all (dont worry your system will run fine)

4. Now open taskman and click on the startup tab then disable everything in that list.

5. Once you have disabled everything in taskman startup list close taskman and go back to msconfig.

6. Click the startup tab on msconfig then press OK and restart.

Once you have restarted check to see if browsers are any quicker.

If the browsers are fast again then its a service causing your issues so run msconfig again go back to services tab, tick hide microsoft services and then enable a few services at a time (3-4) resetting after to see if you have the problems again, once you get the problem again you know its a service issue and can pin it down to one specific service. 

If however the browsers are not fast again after your first restart ( step 6 above) then go back to msconfig, hide all microsoft services and then enable all, go back to taskman and enable the ones you disabled and we can try something else.

Its always hard and sloooow to diagnose online, the time its taken me to type this out and check the steps on my own PC i prob could have it sorted for you if i was there etc.

Try the above and get back to me, plenty of other things we can try to fix the issue and as with anything windows wise it will probably be something really stupid.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
11 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Hmmm

If the actual browser(s) is/are not opening for a while then it sounds more like something else is running in the background using resources.

First thing i'd try is disabling all none essential services and programs.

To do that

1. Go to the search box by start button and type msconfig and press enter

2. Once msconfig is open go to the services tab, tick the box that says hide all microsoft services then make a note of the remaining running services.

3. Once you've made a note click disable all (dont worry your system will run fine)

4. Now open taskman and click on the startup tab then disable everything in that list.

5. Once you have disabled everything in taskman startup list close taskman and go back to msconfig.

6. Click the startup tab on msconfig then press OK and restart.

Once you have restarted check to see if browsers are any quicker.

If the browsers are fast again then its a service causing your issues so run msconfig again go back to services tab, tick hide microsoft services and then enable a few services at a time (3-4) resetting after to see if you have the problems again, once you get the problem again you know its a service issue and can pin it down to one specific service. 

If however the browsers are not fast again after your first restart ( step 6 above) then go back to msconfig, hide all microsoft services and then enable all, go back to taskman and enable the ones you disabled and we can try something else.

Its always hard and sloooow to diagnose online, the time its taken me to type this out and check the steps on my own PC i prob could have it sorted for you if i was there etc.

Try the above and get back to me, plenty of other things we can try to fix the issue and as with anything windows wise it will probably be something really stupid.

Hey @Snuffs99 I really appreciate you taking time to try and figure this but dude, I've been moding computers for 20 years lol. Your step by step reminds me of way back when I had DSL and AT&T Customer service after I told the guy that I had a command prom,pt open and had already run an ipconfig and flushed my DNS he replied with "OK, do you see the button that says start in the lower left corner of your computer?"

However, it had been awhile since I looked through MSCONFIG and Startup and I found a few things that had been added over that time which I disabled. Specifically Mini Tool shadow utility, VMWare items (I never use my VM and don't need those things in the background) and the useless NahimicSvc which always re-enables itself when Sonic Studio updates, plus a Samsung SSD Utility that doesn't need to be running. After next reboot, I'll see what happens.

EDIT!! Sure enough, one of those items was the culprit. I assume it was the SSD Utility since my browsers are installed on my SSD. Browsers are opening right away now. Your help is very much appreciated!!

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Hey @Snuffs99 I really appreciate you taking time to try and figure this but dude, I've been moding computers for 20 years lol. Your step by step reminds me of way back when I had DSL and AT&T Customer service after I told the guy that I had a command prom,pt open and had already run an ipconfig and flushed my DNS he replied with "OK, do you see the button that says start in the lower left corner of your computer?"

However, it had been awhile since I looked through MSCONFIG and Startup and I found a few things that had been added over that time which I disabled. Specifically Mini Tool shadow utility, VMWare items (I never use my VM and don't need those things in the background) and the useless NahimicSvc which always re-enables itself when Sonic Studio updates, plus a Samsung SSD Utility that doesn't need to be running. After next reboot, I'll see what happens.

EDIT!! Sure enough, one of those items was the culprit. I assume it was the SSD Utility since my browsers are installed on my SSD. Browsers are opening right away now. Your help is very much appreciated!!

i didn't know you've modded PC's for 20 years but in some ways i suppose it was a blessing, if i'd have known i'd have assumed you'd done the basics like looking at startup and gone a different route. 😛 

Haha, I'm glad you've found the problem though.  ;)

• 100 1