Windows Win 10 upgrade

Puni

2 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

I'm not familiar with Logitech options center or how it stores or forces settings etc...I've googled Logitech Options Center and it is different to the Logitech Gaming Software i use, i'm assuming its because i have a G series mouse? Each profile i use is actually stored on the mouse so it can be used on any system and works like it does on my own.

If your windows hasn't updated to 2004 yet have you tried a system restore? could be something silly.

I'm assuming your playing the same ET server you normally do? i'm only asking as someone the other day was playing nitmod and their mouse sens was focked due to their pitch and yaw being outside of normal PB limits??? Because of that their sensitivity was very high in ET

As for connection time outs, if its not an ET setting then you would need something like wireshark to tell you more about whats going on with your network etc. 

Thats could be the difference. i am just using a normal wireless mouse and keyboard. Just got the new 2004 version yesterday, had win 7 before, never cared of it because it worked well. Got a new wireless conection card to get a better connection, which is working really good the old one just reached the half of it. 

Still playing on NQ mod. just needed to do a new profile. Saved my CFG and Key and i put it into the etmain folder today. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fighter?! said:

Thats could be the difference. i am just using a normal wireless mouse and keyboard. Just got the new 2004 version yesterday, had win 7 before, never cared of it because it worked well. Got a new wireless conection card to get a better connection, which is working really good the old one just reached the half of it. 

Still playing on NQ mod. just needed to do a new profile. Saved my CFG and Key and i put it into the etmain folder today. 

Ok, so is your Windows an upgrade from windows 7-10 or is/was it a clean install of windows 10?

Is ET a new install or an old one, i'm asking as i don't understand the need to create a new profile so think its a new install?

If its a new install then put your cfg in the nq folder and \exec as normal once your on the NQ server, settings should then be saved and as they were. If they don't stay as they should then run ET but do not connect to a server, load the mod (NQ) and then exec yourcfg.cfg in console...once you have done that quit ET and all should be normal the next time you run ET.

Edited by Snuffs99

5 minutes ago, Snuffs99 said:

Ok, so is your Windows an upgrade from windows 7-10 or is/was it a clean install of windows 10?

Is ET a new install or an old one, i'm asking as i don't understand the need to create a new profile so think its a new install?

If its a new install then put your cfg in the nq folder and \exec as normal once your on the NQ server, settings should then be saved and as they were. If they don't stay as they should then run ET but do not connect to a server, load the mod (NQ) and then exec yourcfg.cfg in console...once you have done that quit ET and all should be normal the next time you run ET.

It was a clean install of Win 10

And a new Install of ET

Already done the second part. Can be truth that i had different settings on mouse before. Thats not the major problem as i seem to find lower sensitivity with 1.17 now.

3 minutes ago, Fighter?! said:

It was a clean install of Win 10

And a new Install of ET

Already done the second part. Can be truth that i had different settings on mouse before. Thats not the major problem as i seem to find lower sensitivity with 1.17 now.

Well as long as you get sensitivity so it feels as it should for you then yeah not a major issue...One thing i will add is copy your entire ET folder to a USB or other HDD so the next time you have to reinstall windows or ET you can just drag and drop it to desktop and away you go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

Weird thing on this upgrade - mine won't upgrade. It says my settings are preventing it, which is weird. No system level settings changed that I know of and it won't tell me what the problem is.

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Weird thing on this upgrade - mine won't upgrade. It says my settings are preventing it, which is weird. No system level settings changed that I know of and it won't tell me what the problem is.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-2004-your-device-is-not-ready/f05c73bb-e18b-425c-ad07-5cdfcb72c72b

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Leader

I just checked Windows Update on my Desktop unit and discovered that "Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004" is installing right now. ( from 1909 pro)

I built this computer 9 years ago, with an I7-970 CPU on an ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard.  The GPU is an AMD HD 6950.

I will have to connect my 'modern' laptop and see what it is up to.  It is an ASUS with an i7-9750H CPU.  OS = Windows Home, ver. 1909

The laptop Win-update offers no OS update from Windows, just Defender and NVIDIA GeForce Experience updates.

I had expected the more modern Laptop to update first. :hmm Maybe I should pay to upgrade to the Pro version and see what happens. :D 

• Leader
11 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

I have update to 2004 on my 3 pc's with no problems.. 2 new laps and 1 old desktower ( 2010 )

Are they all Pro-versions or Home-versions or a mix of the two?

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

1lap pro, 2 others is home

That ends the theory that it's all Pro versions having problems updating

10 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

That ends the theory that it's all Pro versions having problems updating

I've got Pro and my update went fine.

The only issues i have is microshaft removed support for legacy devices, because of this every time the build upgrades i have to once again disable forced driver enforcement in order to load up older drivers for my fang keyboard. I've had to re write a few of the drivers otherwise windows assigns the wrong drivers and half the keys wont work.

It was a fooking pain to start with but i've got used to the process now. I have the legacy drivers renamed, digitally resigned, saved and safe so each time windows does update or i have to reinstall its a simple case of disable driver enforcement (again) and then point windows to the correct drivers via device manager and "have disk".

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

Looks like they finally got this fixed. I got home from work and saw the pop-up that it failed and I clicked on it and it took me to the windows update window. I clicked and fix things and it started to reinstall. When it was done and rebooted and now it’s been taking about 15 minutes and it’s about 30% through

Annotation 2020-07-27 174312.jpg

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1