Windows Win 10 upgrade

Puni

6 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Looks like they finally got this fixed. I got home from work and saw the pop-up that it failed and I clicked on it and it took me to the windows update window. I clicked and fix things and it started to reinstall. When it was done and rebooted and now it’s been taking about 15 minutes and it’s about 30% through

Annotation 2020-07-27 174312.jpg

My OS build is 19041.388 on all 3 pc's ..   why isnt urs ??

• Platinum VIP
4 hours ago, Leatherface said:

I dunno. Good question. Is yours Win 10 Pro or Home? 

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Ran more updates, now check this out

Annotation 2020-07-28 062005.jpg

The OS build is governed by single updates and will change with every single update, the version is governed by "upgrade/feature" updates.

So as it stands @Leatherface 19041.388 is the latest stable windows build. ;)

H1 and H2 are beta/preview builds of Windows 10 with each referring to each half of the year (H2 being July-Dec). I stopped using preview builds a while back as they caused me nothing but issues.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
7 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

The OS build is governed by single updates and will change with every single update, the version is governed by "upgrade/feature" updates.

So as it stands @Leatherface 19041.388 is the latest stable windows build. ;)

H1 and H2 are beta/preview builds of Windows 10 with each referring to each half of the year (H2 being July-Dec). I stopped using preview builds a while back as they caused me nothing but issues.

I forgot I was in the group that gets preview builds

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

One thing that's really odd with this update and it was the same on the final, not just the preview I'm on is that all my browsers take like 20 seconds to open. It's not an internet thing, because I'm still getting the same speeds and it's just opening the browsers Once they open, they're fine

Edited by -=HipKat=-

2 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

One thing that's really odd with this update and it was the same on the final, not just the preview I'm on is that all my browsers take like 20 seconds to open. It's not an internet thing, because I'm still getting the same speeds and it's just opening the browsers Once they open, they're fine

I dont have that problem .

• Platinum VIP
8 hours ago, Leatherface said:

I dont have that problem .

It's the weirdest thing, too.

13 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Turn IPv6 off in network adapter properties, may be a "resolving host" issue.

Annotation-2020-08-09-151436.jpg

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

Turn IPv6 off in network adapter properties, may be a "resolving host" issue.

Annotation-2020-08-09-151436.jpg

Didn't help but nice idea!

4 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

Didn't help but nice idea!

When you open a browser does it say "resolving host" in bottom left for longer than 1 sec on any of them? Only asking as i know sometimes the DNS can be an issue and is usually a main cause of slow opening browsers. 

Also if you use a VPN make sure IPv6 is turned off on that adapter too.

Can also try ipconfig /flushdns from an elevated (run as admin) cmd prompt, or even change your DNS servers to google public ones and see if that helps.

To change DNS go adapter properties like you did to disable IPv6 then double click Internet Protocol 4 then at the bottom change the DNS from obtain auto to use the following servers and use googles pub ones

Prefered: 8.8.8.8

Alt: 8.8.4.4

If you use and need IPv6 

2001:4860:4860::8888

2001:4860:4860::8844

Failing the above, let me know and i'll fidn the reg tweak i have somewhere to disable SmartNameResolution as that too can cause slow opening browsers.

Edited by Snuffs99

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Snuffs99 said:

When you open a browser does it say "resolving host" in bottom left for longer than 1 sec on any of them? Only asking as i know sometimes the DNS can be an issue and is usually a main cause of slow opening browsers. 

Also if you use a VPN make sure IPv6 is turned off on that adapter too.

Can also try ipconfig /flushdns from an elevated (run as admin) cmd prompt, or even change your DNS servers to google public ones and see if that helps.

To change DNS go adapter properties like you did to disable IPv6 then double click Internet Protocol 4 then at the bottom change the DNS from obtain auto to use the following servers and use googles pub ones

Prefered: 8.8.8.8

Alt: 8.8.4.4

If you use and need IPv6 

2001:4860:4860::8888

2001:4860:4860::8844

Failing the above, let me know and i'll fidn the reg tweak i have somewhere to disable SmartNameResolution as that too can cause slow opening browsers.

It doesn't say anything because it just doesn't open at all for about 20-30 seconds. Once it opens, it's fine. And it's all my Browsers, Chrome,  FF, Edge, Vivaldi and TOR and only the browsers seem to be affected